... LastLast

Elemental hotfix buff

New buff to elemental:

"Elemental Focus now increases spell damage done by 20% (up from 15%)."

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/119...ary_3-1_3_2014

10+ Year Old Account
    10% ap buff for DKs and hunters too..

Bullshit...

Classes that do tons of dmg in PVP getting more buffs, for the sake of PVE...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice change! good for us and hunters to, both deserving it imho.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    10% ap buff for DKs and hunters too..

Bullshit...

Classes that do tons of dmg in PVP getting more buffs, for the sake of PVE...

I heard this was a PvP based game, true?

looks like a silly attempt to value crit a bit more, instead of just doing something simple like buffing lightning bolt damage or the classic shamanism buff.

give up blizz the day elemental shamans don't look at crit and laugh it's no longer an elemental shaman.

thanks for the buff blizz by why did it take months to realise this?

It's the best way to buff ele's spells equally without buffing them all individually and tuning that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    thanks for the buff blizz by why did it take months to realise this?
    Probably because the Chain Lightning spamming Sith Lord kept people interested enough to overlook the single target failings for a while. I'm glad Ele is getting some love.

The other class buffs are warranted as well. PvP is just going to be broken until things are rebalanced in WoD.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post
    Nice change! good for us and hunters to, both deserving it imho.
    While I agree, my concern is that Blizzard is throwing us into the same boat as Hunters. Hunters constantly receive their "band aid" aspect buff around the closing tier to an expansion to keep them on par in PvE situations. I'd literally hate to see Elemental receive the same treatment and just get boosts splashed on us from time to time to keep us happy.

Hunters (and rogues in reality) have needed some class attention for quite some time, don't want to see Ele go down that road.

It's too late in the expansion to make a complicated class buff. This is the easiest way to give us a nice buff to both single target and Multitarget(which is funny).

A bit minor (correct me if I'm wrong but this will be, what a 2-4% damage buff with it being most effective on cleave fights rofl) and quite late, but a buff nonetheless.

I don't understand why Blizzard can't just buff Lightning Bolt, it wouldn't cause any issues in PvP, it wouldn't buff our already good AoE DPS and it's not like Resto is notorious for doing mad damage.

Meh

Deleted
    Not even an appropriate bandaid, but well, you have to take what you get.

Deleted
    Yeah happy for buff but still. We do great AoE damage, now i even greater but like so many else have already say why not simply buff LB damage? I hope they do it in WoD. been playing elemental since wotlk and shaman since TBC and i love this class but i really want them to buff us in WoD for Pve...

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I heard this was a PvP based game, true?
    its both and they try to balance it both. and with pvp power they could have balanced it. but for some strange reason they didn't.

they could have just increase there overall dmg and lower the dmg you get from pvp power. this will fix the whole balance problem.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    its both and they try to balance it both. and with pvp power they could have balanced it. but for some strange reason they didn't.

they could have just increase there overall dmg and lower the dmg you get from pvp power. this will fix the whole balance problem.
    No it will just make PvE gear even better for PvP. They need to split the spells and be done with it.

Nonetheless, it's nice to see Blizzard isn't completely oblivious to Elementals lack of single target damage.

Inb4 Elemental is pr0 single target and I need to l2p

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Nonetheless, it's nice to see Blizzard isn't completely oblivious to Elementals lack of single target damage.

Inb4 Elemental is pr0 single target and I need to l2p
    I'd say all the buffs are simple and reasonable for hc PvE (for those who are progressing), personally. Might be some pvp backlash though
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    If it would have been 10% and not just measly 5%, then it could have some impact on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    If it would have been 10% and not just measly 5%, then it could have some impact on things.
    I think they'd run the risk of upsetting the PvP crowd by going straight in at 10% (Lava Burst already hits insanely hard). It'll be nice to see how 5% pans out anyway, fights like Galakras should be even more hilarious now.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'd say all the buffs are simple and reasonable for hc PvE (for those who are progressing), personally. Might be some pvp backlash though
    No, these classes needed a dmg nerf (alongside with Warr and Mage), not buffs... AJ is burning of hate/laughter right now
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    No, these classes needed a dmg nerf (alongside with Warr and Mage), not buffs... AJ is burning of hate/laughter right now
    PvE will always effect PvP will always effect PvE.

Elemental was weak in PvE, but strong in PvP and as a more PvE orientated game, Blizzard buffed Elemental (though not nearly enough in my opinion).

Here's to hoping Blizzard make separate co-coefficients for PvE & PvP.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-07 at 12:16 PM.