Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    I think IPhones can explode when you let them on over night your Pc as well it has a limited run "at a Time" countdown once you cross 24h its getting dangerous.
    I heard Apples eco policy makes it blow up. You must jailbreak your Iphone to stop it happening. Why do you think so many Iphones break so easily? It is not just by chance!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    A battery never depletes fully. There's always a 1-2% reserve or you can't charge them anymore.
    Yeh, but to the individual that's not important. 100% empty for the user of the device means 100% empty to them, but the battery retains a small charge. Either way, if it's 99.9% depleted, it'll be fine.

I really appreciate all the replies guys, thanks. I don't worry worry about it anymore, I guess I needed to ask to put my mind at ease. It's better to ask more people than just one person and if the majority says it's ok, then it's ok. Though since Hikashuri says it can cause damage to the phone I won't do it again, better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    It'll be fine. Batteries are built with the capability for them to be 100% depleted, but it's not too good to do it too often.
    AFAIK cell phones are protected, as in they will simply not let you run down the battery to that degree. I heard a bunch of my friends talking about nokia phones having a code that would let it run for ages on a flat battery. I can only assume that this disabled the fail safe and allowed them to damage their batteries as they please.