Deleted

[idea] scalable LFR event weeks.

With cata long gone and mop soon being gone to the LFR wings from that content will be become more or less unavailble simply due to the lack of player for running that.
    strangely enough that will make the LFR item sets and colours largely unavaileble which is kinda funny considering how you can always go back and get the heroic raid items

Somehow someofthe colours on the lfr sets are pretty nice, so it bothers me that i can't go back and acquire them therefor I conjured up this little idea.

at certain times a month there will be an event during that event a previously released LFR is brought back and scaled up to the current diffculty level, so ds from level 85 would become ds for level 90 lfr.
    Off course its also about the items therefore the items will be scaled up to the current LFRs itemlevel.

yea mostly this idea just promotes that people can get back and collect lfr sets if they so choose, secondly it would give people a break from farming current tier lfr go back into an old nostalgic lfr (and yes I know probably remember why they hated that one in the first place )
    it could be interresting with lfr events as an experiment.
    another point that feels a bit like a pro but doesn't really would be more chances to get current lfr item level loot leading to faster decking in of itemlevel loot giving people the possibility to move out of LFR faster and into flex etc. (as people have pointed out on these forums in other threads wow is a very itemlevel heavy game now a days)

the contra would be that people would go back in old content during current content for items, even more lfr wings a week to clear if people choose to do that(yea bloating up ones time wasted in raids and lfr is a problem). its an event so people would have to do that lfr at a certain time period giving less flexibility. Even more loot more purples more stuff to disenchant, why is that bad well the game can at times just feel extremely bloated with items.
    One could also imagine a situation where old lfr itemsets scaled up to current itemlevel would cause problems, say like the tank sets from ds with their 4 set bonus. that might cause a problem.

there are probably a lot of other good reasons against or for but well it is just an idea and somehow i kinda like it.
    Last edited by mmoc30cfcfeceb; 2014-01-08 at 01:42 AM.

I've already seen someone ask for this idea. Seems like a lot of work. It's probably easier to just make LFR a difficulty option when you enter an instance. (Old expansion LFRs, that is.)

We'll probably see it later.