View Poll Results: Do you think we will see old gods again in World of Warcraft ?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    117 90.00%
  • No

    13 10.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Scarab Lord UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugme View Post
    Mmm, Old gods were all over the universe until a titan locked them up in azeroth, so the only known old gods are still in azeroth. since we're taking the fight to draenor, i think we'll have a higher chance of seeing demons than old gods in WoD.
    Err... no? The Old Gods that were imprisoned on Azeroth were imprisoned there because they were all already ON Azeroth. There are more Old Gods than the ones we already know about. You don't really think that there are only these 4/5, do you? Just as there are far more Titans than we know the names of, there are more Old Gods than we've been made aware of.

    I also have no doubt we'll see something about demons in WoD. But likely not until near the end of the expansion at least.

    Sometimes updated...

  2. #22
    Of course we will. They're a fan favourite and they've had their slimy tentacles in a significant portion of WoW villains to some degree or another. We may not see them directly, but we will see their influences again.

    Warlords of Draenor will likely be a big break from them, to herald a BIG return to them in the expansion afterward (assuming we don't get that hinted at burning legion expac instead).

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Err... no? The Old Gods that were imprisoned on Azeroth were imprisoned there because they were all already ON Azeroth. There are more Old Gods than the ones we already know about. You don't really think that there are only these 4/5, do you? Just as there are far more Titans than we know the names of, there are more Old Gods than we've been made aware of.

    I also have no doubt we'll see something about demons in WoD. But likely not until near the end of the expansion at least.
    Mind saying where that info is found (more old gods still out there in the universe)? If it's true, obviously I've missed something :>

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugme View Post
    Mind saying where that info is found (more old gods still out there in the universe)? If it's true, obviously I've missed something :>
    I believe one of the main things is if you go to Shadowmoon Valley, there's a bunch of Arrakoa trying to summon in something that looks very similar to an Old God.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugme View Post
    Mind saying where that info is found (more old gods still out there in the universe)? If it's true, obviously I've missed something :>


    Quote Originally Posted by CDEV
    Who is the arakkoa "master" that Isfar talks about? It is not Terokk…
    Originally Posted by CDEV
    There are more Old Gods than just the ones trapped on Azeroth. It takes a lot for them to become manifested on a physical plane, however; see the quest line in Shadowmoon Valley that ends with "Thwart the Dark Conclave" for more information.
    http://wowpedia.org/Ask_CDev


    There it is.


    And yeah, I'm fairly sure next expansion or the one after that is about N'Zoth. He's a real threat, and so is Azshara. They'd be crazy to just go 'meh, but we felt like not doing it. SO AZSHARA DIED OF A HEART ATTACK AND N'ZOTH DIED THROUGH HAVING CREEPY TENTACLE INTERCOURSE WITH ANOTHER, UNNAMED GOD!"


    So yeah, they'll have to return to that sometime, and I believe it should be sooner rather than later. Before WoD, I would have said this expansion, because it seemed incomprehensible for them to do something 'out of the left field' again after Pandaria, but they did so. There's no telling what they might do. They might go with another out-of-the-nowhere expansion again, but I believe they won't. People would start getting pissed of doing (relatively) irrelevant shit when the Old God/Naga and Burning Legion forces are out there, waiting.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2014-01-08 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  6. #26
    Mechagnome manicwrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Cotswolds, Southwest England.
    Posts
    588
    WoW still has plenty of H.P Lovecraft and other assorted Cthulhu mythos to get inspiration from. You can count on seeing more.

  7. #27
    Interesting, thanks for that.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    The first one being Cataclysm.
    If that counts as "old god themed", than MoP is even more so.

    Anyways, there will definitely be more old gods stuff in WoW, but it's doubtful they'll be a main feature of an expansion.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    cataclysm wasn't really an old god expansion. how many old gods did you fight in cataclysm? it was more of a "dragons/elementals/servants of the old gods" thing.

    WotLK was more of an old god expansion than cata, because not only did we fight against servants of the old gods as well, but we also fought a real old god (yogg)
    Elementals are the creation of old gods.

    No, WotLK was not more of an old god expansion, Ulduar doesn't have any "old god" feeling, the titanic side of the raid is stronger than the old god one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    I don't think we've had a Old God themed expansion.

    Sure they pop up, but just because Deathwing was made insane by them and Garrosh stole a heart, does not make it an Old God themed expansion.

    Vanilla and WotLK had Old Gods as well.

    In my opinion, WotLK was the most Old God 'themed' expansion.

    I hope we have an expansion with N'Zoth as the portrayed bad guy from the start, then that will be a Old God themed expansion.
    What about the fact that everyone you fight in the expansion is a puppet of N'Zoth ?
    You hear more about old gods, N'Zoth in particular, twilight hammer than you hear about Deathwing himself in the expansion until DS.

    Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    If that counts as "old god themed", than MoP is even more so.

    Anyways, there will definitely be more old gods stuff in WoW, but it's doubtful they'll be a main feature of an expansion.
    Every villain in Cataclysm was old god related.
    Mogus are not related to old gods in any way.
    Last edited by Kuragalolz; 2014-01-08 at 02:36 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    SNIP...

    So do you think that we will see old gods again in WoW ?
    I have no doubt we will. Blizzard is notorious for taking old content, warping it somehow and throwing it at the players as something new.

    Look at WoD as an example. Instead of going in the direction of pushing the story of WOW forward and creating new lore for content, we're going to have to deal with old toons, old lore by way of time travel and alternate time line/pocket timeless isles crap just so blizzard can showcase long dead lore characters. (and get this - all done in a way to make sure our actual past lore isn't messed up. blizzard isn't bold enough to do that)

    You will see old gods again at some point. That you can be sure of.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Elementals are the creation of old gods.
    elementals are not creations from the old gods. they used to serve the old gods before the titans came because the old gods were so powerful, but they are not creations from the old gods. they are primordial existences in the universe.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Every villain in Cataclysm was old god related.
    Mogus are not related to old gods in any way.
    the mogu were created to fight the old gods. there's a relation
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Sha is just the residual of an old god and doesn't feel old god in any way, Old Gods are trickster, manipulator, smart, and they remain mysterious

    Sha is the manifestation of emotions in it's rawest and dumbest form, it doesn't feel Old god.
    MoP is more of an Horde expansion than an old god expansion, old gods are a side theme on MoP.
    Agree in 100%. Couldn't say it better. Sha are just stupid minions who are negative emotions, and they just suck..

    I'd like to see more Old Gods and less Pandas.

  13. #33
    Brewmaster Orikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,282
    Blizzard has to make the story in the expansions out of something,don't they?We still have N'Zoth left.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Agree in 100%. Couldn't say it better. Sha are just stupid minions who are negative emotions, and they just suck..

    I'd like to see more Old Gods and less Pandas.

    What I want is for Blizzard artists to create art of Y'Shaarj. We may not ever see him ingame, but I am still interested in what he looked like. Sadly, I doubt it will happen. Old God designs interest me, and this will haunt me forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  15. #35
    If we had an Old God in WoD - wouldn't it be younger? :P

  16. #36
    Scarab Lord Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    4,592
    Hopefully the next expansion. Would love for it to be centered around Azshara, with the end boss being N'Zoth. Of course with playable Alliance Naga.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    elementals are not creations from the old gods. they used to serve the old gods before the titans came because the old gods were so powerful, but they are not creations from the old gods. they are primordial existences in the universe.

    - - - Updated - - -



    the mogu were created to fight the old gods. there's a relation
    Elemental lords are still the "highest ranked" Old Gods servants. We encountered all of them in Cataclysm and two of em are raidbosses.
    The mogu have not been created to fight the old gods, they fought the old gods force because they encountered their way, they became mortals and evil because of old gods though but the problem is that there's no in-game hint that the mogus are related to old gods.
    You could know it but you wont ever feel it.
    Last edited by Kuragalolz; 2014-01-09 at 05:59 AM.

  18. #38
    I hope not, but of course there will. Whenever Blizzard needs a villain, they just take a lore character and make them evil because of an Old God's influence. They're tired and cliched now.

  19. #39
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,719
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    I hope not, but of course there will. Whenever Blizzard needs a villain, they just take a lore character and make them evil because of an Old God's influence. They're tired and cliched now.
    The word cliche is tired and cliched. Christ....
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  20. #40
    I think they'll continue to be behind the scenes for a while, like in MoP, Cataclysm and Wrath. You might argue that Cataclysm was an old god expansion, but it wasn't insanely obvious after twilight highlands. Maybe after a few more cameos we'll see one actually materialize and start wrecking stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •