Why isn't PvP Power effectiveness personal to each class?

I was just thinking, why don't Blizzard alter the effectiveness of PvP Power on a per class or even per spec basis? Look at the recent Hunter buff to their aspect, clearly it is meant as a PvE buff but it will have PvP implications to a class that is already quite strong.

If Blizzard were to change the amount of PvP power required to gain 1% of damage/healing for hunters, this would be an easy counter? I.e. it now requires 410 PvP Power per 1% damage increase instead of 400.

You could make quite small changes quite easily to a classes output this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I was just thinking, why don't Blizzard alter the effectiveness of PvP Power on a per class or even per spec basis? Look at the recent Hunter buff to their aspect, clearly it is meant as a PvE buff but it will have PvP implications to a class that is already quite strong.

If Blizzard were to change the amount of PvP power required to gain 1% of damage/healing for hunters, this would be an easy counter? I.e. it now requires 410 PvP Power per 1% damage increase instead of 400.

You could make quite small changes quite easily to a classes output this way.
    Ive thought this before too. Its an incredibly simple change to separating pve and pvp essentially. Buff hunters AP by 10% to keep up in pve, nerf pvp gained by 10% to offset it. Simple, effective, easy to implement. PVP gear will still be better in instanced pvp no matter how it scales.

Get blizz on the phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Its a good change but i would prefer them to just revert to old resilience. How ridiculous is it that a warrior who pops shield wall in defensive stance is taking 75%+25%+40% less dmg? How ridiculous is it that a warlock has passively 105% reduced dmg?

Right now in the current game: no crits = no dmg for most classes. Critting a slam or a chim shot or a soul reaper just deletes people from arena / bg. They need to bring back crit dmg reducing resilience.

Deleted
    GC said before that they really don't want to make those simple changes. He said it would confuse some people, but f that. The people that wouldn't understand the changes are people that aren't affected by them anyways. If someone doesn't grasp the concept of a 10% PvP nerf and a 10% PvE buff, then I'm pretty sure he's not sitting there, wondering why his frostbolt crits 500k PvE with trinket procs up, but only 114k in PvP instead of the supposed 140k. So I see that as some bullshit excuse. It's such a simple fix to separate PvE and PvP damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Its a good change but i would prefer them to just revert to old resilience. How ridiculous is it that a warrior who pops shield wall in defensive stance is taking 75%+25%+40% less dmg? How ridiculous is it that a warlock has passively 105% reduced dmg?

Right now in the current game: no crits = no dmg for most classes. Critting a slam or a chim shot or a soul reaper just deletes people from arena / bg. They need to bring back crit dmg reducing resilience.
    They say that PvPers are bad at math, but wow.

Kidding aside, it's 1*(0.28*0.75*0.6) damage taken. Damage reduction bonuses are added multiplicatively.

And crit damage reduction destroys the classes stacking crit, but barely affects the classes with no guaranteed crit attacks and very low crit. It would make things a lot more imbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    GC said before that they really don't want to make those simple changes. He said it would confuse some people
    I think people would rather be confused about how PvP works but find it relatively enjoyable than be confused about why they just died virtually instantly or why it takes a few ice ages before class changes are made, and then to all the (seemingly) wrong classes.

Great idea, should be implemented.

I like this idea!

And I hope they have access to statistics to hotfix classes that are getting out of control.
    PVP changes should be happening on a much faster rate than they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I think people would rather be confused about how PvP works but find it relatively enjoyable than be confused about why they just died virtually instantly or why it takes a few ice ages before class changes are made, and then to all the (seemingly) wrong classes.
    Agree completely. Those changes would not have any effect regarding confusion.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Resilience already reduces crit damage, i think you mean the old old resil that had crit suppression on it (reduced crit chance).

Blizz already said that will never return since too many specs rely on crit for their mechanics and is wholly unfair on classes where crit is their strongest secondary stat.

For example if full pvp season gear were to reduce crit by 10% then each item with crit on that would have false values i.e 1000 crit on a chest is actually 900 crit so classes that want crit get less stats per item than other classes that dont want crit.

And as this % goes up the more stats they will lose.

Hardly fair
    Last edited by villie; 2014-01-09 at 12:40 AM.