Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    I am just worried nothing will change and we'll be twiddling are thumbs when we have to move like in t14. I'm having absolutely no fun as balance right now either, because damage is all rng. If I screw up I might still randomly do ridiculous damage. If i play perfectly, my damage could be trash because rppm didn't proc or some of my starsurges on the opener didn't proc. Idk, imo this is less fun than dragon soul rotation just because there was more control and consistency.
    I love my owlkin and fellow moonkin hatchling pet to much to stop playing them but i have to agree 100%. Sometimes i play perfect and get shit results and sometimes i made everything wrong and get a good result for no reason other then trinket rng luck.

I feel like moonkins are like ele shamans: blizz are not looking at them at all. I can remember the times in wotlk where blizz buffed starfall ridiculously because it was the "endgame-talent". What is now? Shrooms, Hurricane, earthquake, aoe-firetotem (what was the name?) they are all broken and most of them are not the gcd worth which they require.

I must say that a lot of things are broken in wow which are in need of some (alot) coding but blizz refuses to do that work. The question is why? The game loses day after day more on quality and subscriptions (down from 12mil to 8 or so?). Blizzards has always made good games and ALOT of money. But since the lunch of d3 i believe blizz no longerwants to made good games -> just good money. Blizz refuses to accept that these facts are coherent to each other. I believe thats why they changed there way how they communicate with there player-base. In wotlk they postet a white text stating that something is wrong in the game followed by a blue answere that they are aware of that and that they now have the fix for us.

Today if you follow the blue posts you will find a white post stating that somthing is wrong in the game followed by a blue answere telling the white one that everything is fine or needs to much work and is on a wishlist but well never find its way into the game...

Anyone share that opinion?

Yeah ofc owls are not broken or so. We are in the middle of the pack dmg-wise. But if blizz would decide to work on the classes a bit more it would be more entertaining for the cummunity.

I think thats all what a good game should care about..

All my hopes are lieing in the pre-wod patch and the wod-exp. Hopefully... Hopefully.
    Last edited by mmoc0f0bcefe31; 2014-01-09 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    Well yesterday I joined my guilds old tier achievement run, and my DPS seemed to be very competitive, even against players with 15 ilvl higher gear than me. We did msv and hof. I was around 350k-450k dps with 550ilvl. But if the fight was inconsistent, boss switched platforms or if bosses went out of reach in other way - I was not competitive against others.
    How long were the encounters? If you brought a lot of guildies to run old content I bet bosses died within a min or two, so yeah then I can see your 550 ilvl boomie doing 350k-450k cuz of our bursty-ass 3 min long cds. But thats not a fair comparison of how competitive we are by any means imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    GUYS HOLD UP! We got 40% more armor, were fine now!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I hate using the word useless, but the astral communion change really does my head in. Just don't reset the eclipse bar before the match. I know I'm bad at pvp, but I've never seen a boomkin running around spamming AC so how does interrupt immunity on that spell do anything?

And I'll take the armor buff, it does help with the melee train, but mage still kills in a deep, but thats a mage problem i guess. New season should help with starsurge procs too i suppose
    Last edited by Aboubacar; 2014-01-09 at 09:44 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    One thing I never understood about Boomkins and MoP, was that they made Moonfire/Sunfire two seperate spells, instead of having them morph with Eclipse like it used to, seems pointless and only adds to the plethora of abilities of the boomkin...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Can't they just be you know... balanced?
    lol my thoughts exactly. kind of a "You're either with us or against us!" mentality

Bomkins? I'm imagining a mix between a Boomkin and a pumpkin in my head right now...

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    25% more armor, actually. 200/160 = 1.25 = 125%

the armor increase only adds up to 5% DR...

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate using the word useless, but the astral communion change really does my head in. Just don't reset the eclipse bar before the match. I know I'm bad at pvp, but I've never seen a boomkin running around spamming AC so how does interrupt immunity on that spell do anything?

And I'll take the armor buff, it does help with the melee train, but mage still kills in a deep, but thats a mage problem i guess. New season should help with starsurge procs too i suppose
    Eh, the astral buff is okayish I guess more just qol, but the armor buff is hilarious. These guys are having a problem? Lets give them armor! We boomkins never wanted any armor thing, when they said they were taking it away they said tey wanted to take out some of the passives, which us boomins were okay with that, give us an active cooldown, but instead they just give us another passive?

Not to mention that armor is horrible right now, so many melee has ways around it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    I want to be a bomkin.. How do I become one? :P

PVE? Good opener burst, other than that, pretty standard or even below average.

PVP? They work in very few comps, i think only 1 that i can think of is LSD. BGs they are incredibly good, one of the best BG classes out there in my opinion.

If you have literally no interest in 3v3, like i do, then boomkins should be an extremely good and fun class for you to play, imo.

Was herb farming today. Noticed some horde ww monk was stealing my herbs. I attacked him because I wanted to defend the herbs I was farming. It turned out to be an epic battle of blood, sweat and tears. I won. Today was a good day!! ^^

Gotta thank Blizz for the armor increase though. At one point I was at 5% hp O_O

the armor increase only adds up to 5% DR...
    When you already have 45%, that's almost 10% less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuditea View Post
    They're not weak, they just have a higher skill floor compared to other casters. A good Balance druid can beat almost anyone, yet no one bothers to try and be good as a Balance druid because they shrug it off, call them weak and then go play their mage or warrior.
    lying to yourself, its like saying any class can beat any class at same ilevel.
    Maybe you will win some at first but that because people isn't used to play vs boomkin or stay with the old mindset ''lol boomkin easy I give him chance''.
    Last edited by gaz770; 2014-01-11 at 04:05 AM.

I think most raids would want a boomy, for the avg dps and the outstanding utility. DPS wise we should be middle to below due to the utility factor. It'd be OP to do top dPS and have the utility.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Two words, Youtube ThyrazEU.
    The "Boomkin" who plays in Cat Form with Ravage?
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Deleted
    They are boring and clunky in their mechanics. Personally, I do not care about numbers, I'm playing the game lately casually for the first time and I only see what I find fun, and this spec is the least fun of all the druid specs, by a very long shot (even tanking that I try to avoid seems distinctly more fun, and it nowhere near the fun of the cat).

Though it might have to do that I was playing a mage for the whole of cata, mastering it, and I know very well what it is to play a variety of ranged dps styles, and the moonkin definitely isn't the best there is.

if this is a PvP question then there is this list:

OP, Good, Underpowered, Garbage, Moonkin druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    It makes the class more intricate. Managing trinkets and all that.

But personally, I liked swarm better.

Yes, give us back Insect Swarm and make Sun/Moonfire change with Eclipses