Having a problem with recent ps3 games.

I have a ps3 and for christmas my gf got me soulcalibur 5. I have just one problem. I cant read any of the words. They are all blur or fuzzy. I have to get close just to read them. This isn't a new thing. Its the reason I haven't been playing my ps3 all that much. I just cant seem to see the words on the games. Neither can my gf. Is there any way we can make them more clear? We are using a big tv, but its one of those box tvs. Is this just a issue with the tv being out of date or just its settings being off?

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you using a HDMI cable? Or even a HDMI ready TV? That'll be the problem if not.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Are you using a HDMI cable? Or even a HDMI ready TV? That'll be the problem if not.
    Nope. Using a box tv. Does this mean Ill have to get one of the newer tvs if I wish to even be able to read the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Nope. Using a box tv. Does this mean Ill have to get one of the newer tvs if I wish to even be able to read the game?
    How old would you say the TV is?

most likely your tv or if your lucky its the connector but it might be time to enter the 21st century now

Deleted
    I had this problem as well when I had an SDTV (Those big box TV's) When I switched to an HDTV and connected it with an HDMI cable, everything was clear.
    The problem with those games is that they are in 720p resolution or higher. Viewing such resolution with those small texts in game on a old TV makes things unreadable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirino View Post
    How old would you say the TV is?
    Dunno. Got it from my gfs parents for free since we dont have a lot of extra money at the moment. But its really friggin heavy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuranji View Post
    I had this problem as well when I had an SDTV (Those big box TV's) When I switched to an HDTV and connected it with an HDMI cable, everything was clear.
    The problem with those games is that they are in 720p resolution or higher. Viewing such resolution with those small texts in game on a old TV makes things unreadable.
    Thanks. Think I have that cord so probably just gonna use my computer screen XD

might be time to get a HD screen tv. ive played on a 2000 tv with my PS3 before and its barely readable. with my 32inch i can see perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Thanks. Think I have that cord so probably just gonna use my computer screen XD
    That's the best option since it sounds like you have the old box TV's. Playing PS3/Xbox 360 through RCA connections is pretty painful -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's the best option since it sounds like you have the old box TV's. Playing PS3/Xbox 360 through RCA connections is pretty painful -_-
    I got it to work. Now does anyone know how the heck I get sound since my computer screen doesnt have speakers? Lol. I do have a set of speakers that I could attach if that would work.

Nvm. I got it . Using my tv for the audio and my computer screen for sound. Yay!
    Last edited by Zantos; 2014-01-08 at 11:29 PM.