Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    WoD world first race will be better than previous tiers. 20m allows the top 10 guilds focus their roster and theres the 10m raiders going 20m so all hc raiders are on same playing field. Still it's likely to be just a race between method and paragon, just more tight than before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume Paragon is the PvE version of Swifty then.

meh
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I assume Paragon is the PvE version of Swifty then.

meh
    Except that they are actually good. So the PvE version of Reckfull would be a better comparison.

Really good news for the WF Race. In all honesty not a surprise but cool to have it confirmed.

I think with Mythic we will see a much larger pool of guilds competing for the top 5 spots, which is awesome for folks like myself who love the race.

I would also tip Method at this point...but honestly who can tell how many strong 20 man guilds there will be compared to the messy 25/10 man we have atm.
    Exciting times to be a raider.

I'm actually wondering if Wildstar or possibly delayed WoD launch will affect top raiding guilds - there is a lot of time for key players to get bored and quit wow

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    I'm actually wondering if Wildstar or possibly delayed WoD launch will affect top raiding guilds - there is a lot of time for key players to get bored and quit wow
    Totally agree man...going to use some hyperbole here but to me the game feels a lot 'quieter' across the board. On my server at least, the activity in trade seems lower than in November...less people on the ground is also noticeable.

It wouldn't be too crazy to see the subs drop quite dramatically only to see WoD having the biggest release sales. The hype for WoD is just building and tbh I haven't been this pumped for a WoW expan since TBC.

Deleted
    they asked me to join, but i said "nah, bloody amateurs".

Quite surprised they managed, but then again, they may have been close to what they needed and just needed a few more. Since otherwise I didn't know there was that many hardcore finnish raiders left, but good for them that they managed to find a few from somewhere.

But the comment about WoD's delay is true; we don't know what the WF race will look like when the time actually comes. The longer WoD takes, the more likely that we might see more dropoff here and there, and a few here and a few there is all it takes to mess with competitive guilds. (Plus there are all the other mergers or whatnot that will likely be going on.) I'm quite curious to see how the top end are going to merge/split off or whatnot when the WoD HCs actually start.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    all of cata actually, all top EU guilds got banned, deserved or not that's the race over, if 6 our of 8 people in the 100m final got disqualified for false starts would you really be interested in the 2man race left and call that person the fastest man in the world?

- - - Updated - - -

i don't care about LFR QQ threads, i don't care about WoD/MoP is bad threads, i don't care about WoW is losing subs threads.

if i went round ALL those threads and posted i don't give a shit into every thread how much non-constructive posting would that be? you can see why the mods are doing a good job infracting people for non-constructive "i don't give a shit posts" we don't need everyone to express that, just close the page and look for one that does interest you.
    That's not my point, it's that they do it in some threads and don't in others. Enforcing rules shouldn't be done halfassed.

Deleted
    Good for them. I'm hoping for an exciting world first race in WoD.

I kind of hope Paragon dominates now lol.

Who are we talking about again? I came in this thread thinking about Paragon of Klaxxi 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Wouldn't a better place for this to be posted is on their website where it matters?
    That's like saying news about a specific football team can't be posted on a sports news website, it has to be posted at the team's website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Except that they are actually good. So the PvE version of Reckfull would be a better comparison.
    I needed a good laugh, thanks! Swifty is indeed more of an entertainer than player these days.

Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    Really good news for the WF Race. In all honesty not a surprise but cool to have it confirmed.

I think with Mythic we will see a much larger pool of guilds competing for the top 5 spots, which is awesome for folks like myself who love the race.

I would also tip Method at this point...but honestly who can tell how many strong 20 man guilds there will be compared to the messy 25/10 man we have atm.
    Exciting times to be a raider.
    I'm really hoping that WoD's revamp of racial bonuses will negate or at least soften the huge Horde advantage, and allow Midwinter to sneak in there.

This is so awesome I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If you don't care, don't post in here. Anyone posting "I don't care" or "Who gives a shit" or anything of the kind will be infracted.
    Who gives a... just joking, don't hurt me

On topic: I just feel sorry for those folks come Warlords of Dreanor, enjoy warming that bench spot.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I wouldn't be surprised if they recruit a few more, when chasing those world 1st's there are always going to be cases where a specific class on a specific fight will make that fight easier. This allows them to leverage that weakness to their full advantage. Each one of those people will have several alts for that specific reason.

What I'd much rather know, how much money are they making via endorsements. How do they manage to play a game more hours per week than a normal person works?

Bottom line is there are very few people capable of committing to world 1st's, so what was the carrot they used?

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they recruit a few more, when chasing those world 1st's there are always going to be cases where a specific class on a specific fight will make that fight easier. This allows them to leverage that weakness to their full advantage. Each one of those people will have several alts for that specific reason.

What I'd much rather know, how much money are they making via endorsements. How do they manage to play a game more hours per week than a normal person works?

Bottom line is there are very few people capable of committing to world 1st's, so what was the carrot they used?
    they are recruiting more but mostly to have more people to cut from the roster. big roster for top guilds don't work out too well and Paragon in particular was running with a very tight one for a long time (as in 10 people in 10man, no reserves).

they get zero money from the endorsements. I'm not sure there is a guild in WoW that is actually getting payed for raiding (outside maybe some strange asian deals) those guys get probably some hardware and get free invites to world events (blizzcon and such) and that's it. How do they manage? Dedication and properly planned vacation days at work.

I don't think Paragon used any type of "carrot" - they are recruiting only Finns that are dedicated enough to raid massive amounts of hours. if anything they are reducing potential recruit pool with their requirements.

Deleted
    Fun fact: paragon and sanitas started 25hc same reset, paragon cleared whole content in reset while sanitas failed to kill siegecrafter.

For those who don't know, sanitas is ranked 3th in 10man.