Thread: if i cant reach

Deleted

if i cant reach

if i cant reach the 11-12k haste cap as ww is the talent ascension the middel talent better than chi brew? sitting at 9600 atm with it as top prio over crit /mastery.

Chi-brew is better at low haste levels. And even at the magical 12k value.

Ascension actually gets even worse with lower haste. It may feel very awkward not filling every GCD, but the TEB stacks from Chi Brew are more than worth it. Most of WW's damage is from AAs/RSK/Chi Wave and TEB affecting them, not the actual damage from Jab + BoK.

Slightly related to this since I mostly play MW these days, @ 12k haste are you dumping FoF from your bars? What about Energizing Brew? Still running with 7.5k haste on my WW setup (still have Ascension) and can't imagine running with such high haste. Admittedly my latency can be a bit high being an Oceanic player.

No 12k still assumes you are actually using FoF at the right time. It actually basically feels the same as Ascension with ~9k, so you wouldn't notice hardly any difference going from 7.5k haste with Ascension to 12k with Chi Brew except that you'd be getting 20-30 more TEB each fight.

Another additional benefit of more haste and Chi-brew is that you get more cloak procs and meta gem procs.

Also it feels really awkward IMO to play with 4 Chi cap, when you are stuck with that 1 Chi that you can't spend and have to do Jab-BoK/RSK-Jab rotation until you can FoF safely or refresh TP...

Cheers. I actually can't remember the last time I played with a 4 Chi cap (apart from MW) so it will take some getting used too... perhaps a WeakAura that screams at me not to jab when I hit 3 chi

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Slightly related to this since I mostly play MW these days, @ 12k haste are you dumping FoF from your bars? What about Energizing Brew? Still running with 7.5k haste on my WW setup (still have Ascension) and can't imagine running with such high haste. Admittedly my latency can be a bit high being an Oceanic player.
    I don't really get that one either. I don't have a latency issue and run just under 8k haste with chi brew. I never feel starved and make full use of FoF and EB. No CD trinket either. Maybe I'm just really lucky with CB procs?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I don't really get that one either. I don't have a latency issue and run just under 8k haste with chi brew. I never feel starved and make full use of FoF and EB. No CD trinket either. Maybe I'm just really lucky with CB procs?
    If you can make full and appropriate use of FoF and EB nearly on CD without ever misusing them then you don't need the 12k haste. With the +11k haste you NEED FoF less, but that doesn't make it any less the DPS increase than it is if you can use it correctly, it just makes the perfect FoF circumstances less frequent.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch