View Poll Results: Is SoO getting nerfed?

Voters
439. This poll is closed
  • Yes, 5% when pvp S15 arrive.

34 7.74%
  • Yes, 10% when pvp S15 arrive.

113 25.74%
  • Yes, but afterpvp S15 arrive.

31 7.06%
  • Yes, but close to the release of WoD.

133 30.30%
  • Yes, but after the WoD launch.

36 8.20%
  • No, is never getting nerfed.

92 20.96%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Could see it getting a noteworthy nerf with the pvp season to encourage more alt play.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    Related? Yes. But also different. E.g. I don't think they need a nerf. My guild is still progressing through content, and I think the difficulty is tuned correctly. But, I think it will get nerfed, looking at the history of the last few end-tiers, which were out for such a long time.
    Some answers in this post (yours was not one of them) did only answer the question: "Do you think they need a nerf?", and not: "Do you think they will get nerfed?"
    But probably I just misunderstand the OP and the question stated. I'm not really good at English (yet).
    I think they answered with chosing an option in the poll .

And your English is fine. Probably better than my English.

I may be wrong but didn't blizz say that leaving the Valor upgrades in was instead of applying the steadily increasing nerfs we've had before?

Deleted
    I seriously hope they won't nerf heroic. Atleast not before our guild has downed Garrosh. After that? Nerf it below lfr for all i care. Atleast it'll make pugging with my alts easier.

Though I personally think that if a guild is unable to progress due to skill, then they really should L2P. Skill is what separates a raider and a heroic raider. Nerfing normals im alright with. Heroic shouls be left alone.

Deleted
    Nerf it so I can do SoO on my low ilvl alts pl0x.

^ That.
    Although Blizzard might have changed their mind, but didn't a blue (probably GC, although I cannot find the exact source right now) posted before that they aren't going to do the progressive blanket nerf since item upgrades were implemented for that purpose?

I think it is safe to assume it will be nerfed. It is too much time with no new content for retaining subs.

The question is just, when and how much.

Lore tweeted yesterday that there are no plans to currently.

https://twitter.com/devolore/status/421121158826573825

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I'm not sure it needs a nerf either.

We're muddling along on spoils HC and we've had 2/3 months of disrupted raiding. We're a new guild but cleared ToT while it was current, I'd like to think we're on track to do the same in SoO. I think this tier will be around for a while yet so any nerfs soon are premature.
    Close to a similar position with disruptions, and we're getting close to heroic Malk or Spoils kill, depends on what we decided to bash against first, so while I'm not sure it "needs" a nerf, I think it will probably still get one, since it does make it easier to step into nerfed raid and actually find a bit of fun rather than keep doing the same difficulty over and over, like how DS was more fun for some at the 20-30% nerf range because you could easily get your alts into PUGs and still get decently far in a group that normally wouldn't get anywhere at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    ^ That.
    Although Blizzard might have changed their mind, but didn't a blue (probably GC, although I cannot find the exact source right now) posted before that they aren't going to do the progressive blanket nerf since item upgrades were implemented for that purpose?
    Yes, a Blue said that some time ago. And that makes sense... Item upgrades IS a considerable nerf.

But, it still requires effort... You have to get gear, get Valor, then upgrade gear. Many people are lazy, and would wish a blanket, effortless nerf, where you enter the raid and the boss is surprisingly easier. Thus giving the player a sense of "Man, I am good! I can finihs this!"

I believe if subs start to decline nerfs will come. Maybe smaller than before, but still there, to keep people motivated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Been posting it for many months now, but item upgrades are a huge nerf, a bigger nerf than 30% at its extreme. The tier will see its usual pre-expac nerf, but progressive nerfs were always bandaid fixes to the problem that item upgrades and better tuning solved.

This tier in particular was extremely forgiving for the first 10 bosses, that plus upgrades leaves no room for a nerf.
    I have no idea what kind of math you're doing but 8 item levels does not equal 30%+ dps/hps.

Also add to the fact that most people who have hit brick walls in their guild already have majority of their gear upgraded unless they're getting 3 or more upgrades per week (Which means crazy RNG) and that means they stay upgraded. So you can't say upgrades will somehow make content easier when majority of people hitting brick walls already have their gear fully upgraded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding in a nerf before we are finished with the content (nothing new for us to advance in) would go against the reason for the Cutting Edge, and Ahead of the Curve achievements. since they are relatively new, and are supposed to help give players something of a special snowflake feeling after the patch is over, it would be rather silly to nerf the content ahead of time.

no, Blizz wont nerf the content because of that main reason alone (also comes with mounts and titles). they already consider the Valor upgrades to gear as "Nerf over time" effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    Lore tweeted yesterday that there are no plans to currently.

https://twitter.com/devolore/status/421121158826573825
    Watcher has said similar too https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...77528516788224

They need an excuse to lock the Ahead of the Curve achievements/reward anyway, so I guess a nerf would make sense. Though as others have posted, the devs aren't talking about it.

Doesn't need the nerf but it inevitably will be just to give people the extra incentive to keep progressing or start working on heroics to keep them around during the lull.

edit: Nvm just saw the tweets. Will probably still see nerfs for the aforementioned reasons but will likely be "smaller" nerfs to cockblock bosses.

edit2: I really didn't mind the nerfs in DS, Made farm nights a hell of a lot faster. Don't really care if "well more people kill bosses!" when you have the achievement and feat dates and they could simply remove the feat acquisition with said nerfs.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-01-11 at 06:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, its going to get nerfed. You see, eventually progression will come to a standstill because people get "gear-capped". That is, they have obtained every single upgrade possible and are still stuck on a progression fight, lets say 4 weeks of 5 hour attempts per week (The average that I've found for raiding guilds). That becomes a "wall" for them, one that they either have to skill up to get over, or they will never be able to get over it. This is where rolling nerfs 2 weeks apart come in- first a 5%, then a 10%. After 2 months, 20%. This allows guilds to get over that wall and start acquiring upgrades once. Sure, players steamrolling through content will eventually cause a sub-loss, BUT being stuck at a wall for a long time can cause a permanent sub loss, whereas the steamrolling quiters will come back for the next expansion/raiding tier.

My group, for instance, doesn't stand a chance in hell against H Garrosh, unless we get lucky enough to get full heroic warforged in every single slot possible (not likely). However, a 10%, possibly even a 5% nerf would allow my group a shot at downing him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

There'll pretty well have to be nerfs relatively soon if they don't want to lose subs before WoD launch.

People are more or less stuck now, for the most part. Warforged isn't a nerf mechanic (too plentiful in 25, too rare in 10), and valor upgrades aren't either (2/2 upgrade every piece of gear easily, as soon as it drops). And it's been four months, with no beta in sight (meaning we're at least five or six months from launch, bare minimum). And no new content coming before that, not even a non-raid patch like broke up the past two raid tiers.

So basically, unless something happens, we're sitting at: a longer tier than either T14 or T15, no mid-raid content patches to retain any interest, and no 'slow nerf' mechanics (since VP and warforged don't work that way this time around). That's going to be bad for player retention. Unless they pull a mythical, oft-promised rabbit out of their hat and actually substantially shorten the expansion development cycle this time around (unlike the last two times that was stated as their goal).

Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I may be wrong but didn't blizz say that leaving the Valor upgrades in was instead of applying the steadily increasing nerfs we've had before?
    They did. They said they had no plans to nerf it as long as item upgrades were around. Like all things though, it's subject to change.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would it be nerfed? If you can't do NM then do Flex. If you can't do HM then do NM.

Anyone who wants to progress has a geyser of gear available outside the raid, also.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    There'll pretty well have to be nerfs relatively soon if they don't want to lose subs before WoD launch.

People are more or less stuck now, for the most part. Warforged isn't a nerf mechanic (too plentiful in 25, too rare in 10), and valor upgrades aren't either (2/2 upgrade every piece of gear easily, as soon as it drops). And it's been four months, with no beta in sight (meaning we're at least five or six months from launch, bare minimum). And no new content coming before that, not even a non-raid patch like broke up the past two raid tiers.

So basically, unless something happens, we're sitting at: a longer tier than either T14 or T15, no mid-raid content patches to retain any interest, and no 'slow nerf' mechanics (since VP and warforged don't work that way this time around). That's going to be bad for player retention. Unless they pull a mythical, oft-promised rabbit out of their hat and actually substantially shorten the expansion development cycle this time around (unlike the last two times that was stated as their goal).
    Indeed.
    1 Month now i 575 ilvl with zero upgrades obtained. 3k VALOR Point. This overral mean less and less time put in obtaining valor points (Less time spend)
    Progress is gonna be @@ since we lost in one month 3 healers 5 dps~ meaning that we won't be able to ...do the Op progress without them and recruiting ...others healers= Without experience and ofcourse without the gear that the previous ones will simply be a standby and this would mean some other that got burned will end up taking a break simply doing a circle....

So likely is gonna be a hard 9 more months with people getting bored at the point progress<<<<enjoy. So likely a big deny that already raiding has.
    I dont know but they succeed in killing in last 3/4 year an almost 80% of raiding population..

Anyway nerf's or not raiding scene has become empty.