Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger View Post
    The random number generator is a whore, a dirty filthy whore. It took me two years to get King's Defender from Karazhan. I got the freaking mount before I got that damn sword!

That right there... I've been soloing some dungeons for years and have yet to get some specific drops. After ICC and never getting any of the 2h drops on my dk (either never seeing them or when they did drop I never won them over other people somehow... shit luck and shit guild). Now I'm just jaded against the loot grind in general and running 3 months of no upgrades just kills the game for me. My hunter spent 3 months trying to get a 500+ bow/gun/xbow and no luck.

Two heroic warforged daggers, hc assurance of consequence, spoils hc sword - all yesterday, all given to me. Shed some tears =D

Having run nothing but LFR the past few months, it's all I get are weapons. I'm so sick of disenchanting the same weapon over and over. I'd rather get actual gear I can use like trinkets.

I cleared heroic dragon soul with a 378 (5man) weapon. In a 25 man group. Fortunately I tank and at the time it didn't matter much but still...

To add insult to injury DW dropped a soul drinker for me on the first heroic kill.

RNG is truly a bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the RNG gods are pure evil. In our guild we have a Blood DK and Ret Paladin who both went until the week before Siege of Orgrimmar came out before a 2H weapon dropped in raid. It was roughly 20 weeks. Luckily, they had much better luck in SoO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erikrsson View Post
    Two heroic warforged daggers, hc assurance of consequence, spoils hc sword - all yesterday, all given to me. Shed some tears =D
    Lucky bastard!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You could indeed once buy weapons - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=25046#sells

Nowadays they cost justice. In TBC they costed badges of justice
    I suppose that counts, but that's only 1 tier out of the past 13 tiers of having justice points/badges. Weapons are purposefully excluded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    I suppose that counts, but that's only 1 tier out of the past 13 tiers of having justice points/badges. Weapons are purposefully excluded.
    Tiers 7 and 9 in Wrath, and 12 and 13 in Cataclysm had weapons purchasable with Justice/Valor points.

T7 fist weapon and off-hand dagger. The others were "only" wands, but they are weapons. Even if wands were just a stat-stick at the time.

Waited for half of ToT for a ranged weapon as a hunter. Sucked like hell. Was long before the Fallen Protectors dropped their damned weapon as well but at least half of the tier hadn't passed...

Now I'm not getting shoulders and a ring. Been MANY weeks and I have full SoO gear in every slot but those 2. I don't raid for gear, gear is a tool BUT I do feel a bit miffed when RNG drops 2 items we DE rather than being a bit clever about what to drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear has always been hit and miss for near everybody. It is rare indeed that you get your BiS off the bat, most of the time it is after you even need the gear when you are BiS. I don't know many people that got all their BiS gear during progression, most of the it is during farm content, because loot drops suck for everyone lol. I still don't have the amp trinket from sha for resto. And we have been in SoO for how many weeks now? lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Seriously this is not even funny, as a 8/14 HC raid, I have been killing galakras and golden lotus protectors for months now, and the weapon never ever ever ever drops from either of them. I understand with 6% drop rate it's supposed to be rare, but when with ilevel inflation and warforged weapon equals about 30-40% of your dps, it's plain stupid. I started at almost top of dps meters for my guild, but now I am barely able to compete with tanks. Suggestion: every boss that drops a weapon should drop it 100% of the time + 1 other item. Or make 1-2 ilevel difference between tiers instead of 30.
    ROFL... cry more noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Tiers 7 and 9 in Wrath, and 12 and 13 in Cataclysm had weapons purchasable with Justice/Valor points.

T7 fist weapon and off-hand dagger. The others were "only" wands, but they are weapons. Even if wands were just a stat-stick at the time.
    If you're talking about blue weapons purchasable with Justice Points (like at the start of Cata), that was fine. You are able to run unlimited random heroics to earn equivalent weapons so being able to save your JP and buy them isn't a big deal. It's not the same as getting VP weapons to substitute raid weapons which you only have 1 chance per week to get.

The only epic VP/JP vendor weapons you'll find are ones which aren't considered primary weapons -- wands, throwing weapons, and off-hand weapons. These weapons were specifically marked as "Off-hand" so you couldn't put one in your main hand slot. Two examples are http://www.wowhead.com/item=40704 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=45203. The only reason they are currently listed as "One-Hand" is because they were retroactively changed to make them transmogrify friendly. If you read the original comments you can see they were off-hand only.

Additionally, there used to be purchasable wands, but wands didn't used to be primary weapons. They didn't make that change until long after those weapons were obsolete. As you said, they were just stat sticks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    People who aren't in the extremely low% of players who have finished their legendary cloaks say hello.
    Do said players need a new cloak every day? Because at the rate SoO drops those cloaks, they could become human carpets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had tiers with shit RNG, but this tier has been amazing for me! Just about every boss we kill drops something for me, shame that I've seen all of those bits and pieces drop a ton of times already and they just end up sharded. XD

One thing I've got to say about this though is that I LOVE the coins. As frustrating as they can be, it's just another chance at gear. I finally coined HC Haromm's talisman this week and replaced my flex Haromms talisman. Zero agi trink drops in normal or heroic, but thanks to coins our enh shammy and I now both have two HC trinkets.

8 weeks of 11/14hm farm runs and not a single spell weapon dropped or coined for me, then I coin a weapon twice in a row.

My rogue had better luck though, he was using LFR weapons and we did an alt run and I got a weap off jugs on my very first week on normals.

That's just random for you man - I used a 476 2H from heroic Mogu'shan Palace (an exceedingly rare drop) until Sha of Fear on LFR gave me Shin'ka - I never got a 2H from any normal or heroic content in that tier - I walked into ToT with an LFR axe that was 2/2 - then we mobbed through ToT and I didn't get a weapon until we had just killed Primordius for the first time and it was on a token - didn't get anything to ever drop and I only won one other one through a casual token roll and never had a TF'd 2H.

This tier's been good to me though, I got a warforged sword from Sha of Pride on our second kill, which replaced the non-WF'd one I'd gotten the week prior.
    I'm normally NEVER this fortunate.

RNG man, it's a nasty creature.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Seriously this is not even funny, as a 8/14 HC raid, I have been killing galakras and golden lotus protectors for months now, and the weapon never ever ever ever drops from either of them. I understand with 6% drop rate it's supposed to be rare, but when with ilevel inflation and warforged weapon equals about 30-40% of your dps, it's plain stupid. I started at almost top of dps meters for my guild, but now I am barely able to compete with tanks. Suggestion: every boss that drops a weapon should drop it 100% of the time + 1 other item. Or make 1-2 ilevel difference between tiers instead of 30.
    And then everyone has the weapon who needs it and the other people waiting for their loot have to hope it is in that 1 other item. Way to solve the issue with RNG!

10+ Year Old Account
    502 shoulders here ):

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    The only epic VP/JP vendor weapons you'll find are ones which aren't considered primary weapons
    And yet, they are weapons. I did mean the fist weapon Pride, as you linked, when I wrote my post, as well as an epic off-hand dagger. I don't know why you brought up the Tournament weapons, as they have nothing to do with the point being discussed: Weapons being available from the Justice/Valor/equivalent-emblems-at-the-time vendor. They were and are still weapons, thus there have been 5 of the first 13 tiers with weapons available (and I am intentionally excluding the blue ones), not just 1 tier...

rolled 2 heroic warforged weapons with no bad luck protection in a row, as well as a heroic warforged aoc.

im literally never allowed to complain about bonus rolls ever again