Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's likely the whole decision. This was a big undertaking, and creating the AI and scripting tools for a fully 3d environment would be an equally large, if not larger, undertaking. Then there's the issue of needing to maintain a content flow for it on top of their existing non-ship content. PvP content is evergreen in the sense that it's always relevant and doing something as simple as adding a new map and provide a ton of replayable content. PvE content, not so much, you need to continually add onto it over time.
    Especially when you consider that the scope of the environment would have to be very large as well as giving the impression of being vast, creating that impression would be a very large undertaking in itself let alone including all of the required content.
    Even if BW achieved all of that they would get hammered as their new PvE space content didn't measure up to EVE online.

So...is it just me or does empire never win? I've done 9 matches recently and have won only one. I know I'm not the best player by any means, but holy shit. Each match is basically the republic capping all three points.

Deleted
    So...is it just me or does empire never win? I've done 9 matches recently and have won only one. I know I'm not the best player by any means, but holy shit. Each match is basically the republic capping all three points.
    I win moreorless the same % regardless of faction. Play 7-10 matches a day. The Red Eclipse Server is balanced imo. No clue about elsewhere tbh.

What I usually see when I play a game;
    3/4 of the Republic players have 4+ ships.
    3/4 of the Imperial players only have 2 or 3 ships.

It kinda points to a bigger problem and that's that opening ships are just pathetic compared to high rank ships. Rycer/Star Guard, in particular, is the opening ship, but you need these upgrades for it to even start getting good;

Quad Cannon
    Quick Charge Shield+3
    Engine of your choice+2 (more or less mandatory for every ship)
    Regeneration Reactor+3

That's, what, 25000 requisition right there, assuming you stick with Koiogran Turn, before your very first ship is even good. If you're a Republic player, that's fine- You have 6 other dudes who've already made that slog on your team; you can help out a bit, but they'll carry you. If you're an Imperial player, you're up shit creek without a paddle; those 6 other dudes are flying ships just as useless as yours, and you have to slog through days and weeks of grinding out requisition just to start competing.

And guess what your alternative is? If you guessed "spending CC to get more ships to benefit from daily XP and then spend more CC to funnel that into fleet req to build up one decent ship", you guessed right. This is expensive as fuck.

New Imperial GSF players start getting bored real fast of getting pummeled by better ships all the time, so they either quit or switch faction; I strongly doubt many people would stick with the slog to try to actually give Imp side the solid playerbase of high-leveled ships. Republic gets a positive feedback loop because they're not getting curbstomped, thereby constantly churning out new veterans, and Empire will probably take years to build up a solid veteran base, if it ever does.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Keep in mind any imp vs. pub conversation only makes sense within the context of one's particular server. You can't make blanket statements about one side having an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by mooftak View Post
    Keep in mind any imp vs. pub conversation only makes sense within the context of one's particular server. You can't make blanket statements about one side having an advantage.
    Definitely, and hypothetically there could be a server where the Imp side has an advantage as described over the Republic side, but it's still a problem.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Definitely, and hypothetically there could be a server where the Imp side has an advantage as described over the Republic side, but it's still a problem.
    And hypothetically all servers other than yours could be perfectly balanced in number and ability of players of GSF.
    The problem you have described in post #64 has been around since year Dot in land based PvP in TOR and other other MMOs and will remain as long a people are allowed to chose their faction. At launch (and for quite some time afterwards) on the 2 servers I played on the Imps savagely stomped the Reps in land based PvP......we just had to suck it up and get on with it.

To be fair, a handful of rebels DID take down a imperial fleet and deathstar.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I run both emp and rep on Bastion. Overall emp wins more.

GSF is wildly fun.