Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Also, I find solace in the scientific fact that no matter can be created or destroyed. If that is true, then what about your soul (if you believe in that kind of thing). I was also reading about a study which stated that IMMEDIATELY after a person dies, their body loses 5 lbs. I don't know if this has any weight here, but it's just little things that have eased my mind over the years. Do some research on both sides of the arguments, it's pretty interesting.

But the truth is, no one really knows. For all we know, afterlife could be the greatest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatty View Post
    It's too complicated to even begin to describe, blows my mind knowing that I wont be able to think or anything when I'm dead, where do I go? I just don't exist anymore? So weird...
    Not that weird, just think back to the thousands of years before you were born. Will be pretty much like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heath1056 View Post
    But the truth is, no one really knows. For all we know, afterlife could be the greatest thing ever.
    Any afterlife would be hell - eternity scares me far more than death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do something incredible with your life, leave behind your legacy, something that people will remember you for.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of death. It sounds like I'd finally have a chance to relax.

Until then, busy busy busy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Any afterlife would be hell - eternity scares me far more than death.
    Due to time relativism, eternity will be the last fraction of a second before you died, forever. Hope you don't die violently.

Deleted
    I concur so hard it's unreal...
    I have had the same anxiety attacks for months now, but it calmed down a little. If I go into that direction again of imagining the empty void of "not being anywhere", I just stop my mind and tell myself "it's not worth it, calm down motherfucker".
    Lately I'm just imagining/hoping, that there will come something after death, I mean that's basically the reason why religion exists, right? Even tho I'm a scientific person and I've never been religious... but it's better than believing that there will be nothing anymore.

I just enjoy the time with my girlfriend, playing games, discovering the world, planning a family. And most of the times I don't even think about it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thought of dying is far worse than being dead, I can't fathom why anyone would be concerned with death when you no longer exist. I only hope I live long enough for my kids sake.

What comes after death can be a scary thing, but all we can do is learn to accept the fact that we are all going to die eventually and atm there is no way we can change our fates. It is possible that you will reborn into another being, you might go to some utopian afterlife, who knows what lies at the end of our journey. I would just try to life my life to the fullest and see what lies beyond that gate when I make it to that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't fear the reaper.

Half the problem is the taboo death has become in the last 40-odd years or so.

It is inevitable, and comes to us all.

Life seems like a candle in the abyss when we take away the myths that have stopping humanity going mad for millennia - the notion of a creator and an afterlife.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry the fear of death will pass...

Well it will when you die. so look forward to that.

Just for glarification i do not wish for you to die. i do not wish for anyone to die.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once you accept death you will die peacefully if you don't you will live in fear for the rest of your life die of a horrible death from fear. I used to be scared when i was 9 but when i turned 15 i accepted death because i realized i don't want to work for the rest of my life till i drop. Paying bills more bills and more working and so on, im like hell with that. The sooner im dead the better i don't have to deal with this horrible economy.

Deleted
    It's not so bad. The atoms in your body will separate and become part of millions of other things. To speed that up ask for cremation in your will, and for the ashes to be spread in the wind.

Deleted
    Your 17, you've probably got another 100 years to live, chill out man, why worry about something you can't change, just make the most of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't accept death. That's why I dedicate my life to "fix" it.

Maybe you should do the same.

I remember being a child, about 8 years old. Everytime I went to bed, when I shut my eyes, I would see graves, skeletons lying beneath them. I can relate to that.
    You know, for me at least, the fear of death comes the other way around. I fear a day where I'll remain alone, where all my relatives, friends , people I care about will be all dead. And I will just sit there, with my next in kin, realizing this world has stopped to care for me, it's not my time anymore, it's theirs. What a lonely feeling it could be.
    I don't usually think about it, and if I do, I channel it to my benefits.
    What you currently feel is depression mate, the cause for it is an anxiety of the unknown. Think about it this way, before you were born, you were nothing. Same thing goes for when you will die. You don't remember and didn't care for not existing. It's simple as that. Now, the term existence is of course debatable. You will continue to exist. Just not with your conscious mind. Your body will decay and become one with earth, and then it will become one of the galaxy, and universe. In that sense we're all immortals.

Deleted
    I worry more about the form of death i'll meet, rather than the life i'm leaving.

Preferably something quick, like a bus hitting me, or a GSW to the head; I don't want to drown, or to be suffering pain at prolonged amounts of time.

And i would rather die in my 70's, the 70's to me signify not being able to wipe your own arse, to need helpers doing shopping for you, all that stuff; Add on the chance for the dozen related diseases that impact you significantly at that age...

Just don't worry about what you can't control, it's pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post

How's that going for you?

When asked how he wished to be buried, he left instructions to be thrown outside the city wall so wild animals could feast on his body. When asked if he minded this, he said, "Not at all, as long as you provide me with a stick to chase the creatures away!" When asked how he could use the stick since he would lack awareness, he replied "If I lack awareness, then why should I care what happens to me when I am dead?"[32]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diogenes_of_Sinope#Death

Pretty much when you're dead you're dead, I'm more worried about being stuck in bed for years awaiting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    It's not so bad. The atoms in your body will separate and become part of millions of other things. To speed that up ask for cremation in your will, and for the ashes to be spread in the wind.
    Better if you ask for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Don't fear Death or anything that hasn't happened to you yet. I find myself running away from what may come to pass only to find that running away was what brought me there in the first place; don't do that. The more you fixate on it the closer you get to it. Instead think of all of the things you can cram in the narrow space called existence while you have time left. Those are the real achievement points everyone can compare others too.

Also if you are really worried about facing death know this. When your born you don't remember anything until you are like 6 years old and if you live long enough senility will make you forget everything for the last six years of your life. If you are doing it right you will be thinking of all the awesome things you got to do with the time you had with no regrets. If you hold this in your heart you can spit in death's face or shake his hand as a friend with no fear.

Stay strong in the mean time okay buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post

Well, Mr. Ponce de Leon...You may not accept death, but death accepts you.

However, given our increasing understanding of biology from objective and comparative research, we will probably be able to one day overcome death from aging.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negligible_senescence

Even if you conquer aging, death will always be possible under some circumstance. But at 17, I recommend you dedicate your life to anti-aging research. Direct your phobia into something meaningful!
    Personal Twitter: @CobaneSoA
    Guild Twitter: @ShadeOfArrows
    Guild Website: shadeofarrows.darkbb.com