Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    For all of MoP: Flanking Orders from Spirit Kings in Mogushan Vaults. It was an easy mechanic, but I still thought it was fun and cool to have them just marching right on through.

For just SoO: the Wall of Bad on Dark Shamans. If you don't split the bosses, it made negotiating the room way more interesting to me.

Lei Shen's Lightning Whip animation and resulting visual mark on the floor was pretty sweet-looking, imo.

Honestly, the most memorable mechanic to me of this tier was also one of the simplest: attenuation on the first boss in Heart of Fear. When my guild of the time started that boss, it really showed who truly couldn't not stand in fire, and I found it to be a fun mechanic.

SoO specifically, I'd have to go with the Sha of Pride banishment. <3 me some Pacman.

Deleted
    Spirit Kings hc shields - the shame people felt when they triggered a shield and the sudden uproar on vent when someone triggered Retalliation or Darkness, simply priceless.
    Un'sok Reshape Life - as a sucker for the use of vehicles, I loved this mechanic.
    Sha of Fear hc Pure Light - Nothing is as fun as seeing a large cluster of adds moving towards you, they're only a few yards away, then you throw the ball to a player 40 yards away. The angered adds and the panicing player with the orb, recipe for disaster and delight.
    Horridon hc Dire Call - A lot of people dread this ability, but I really like in the way that only the player himself is able to hold it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vizier's Ascendence was pretty cool i thought. Also, I was a big fan of the whole Siegecrafter Blackfuse fight, lots of very nice mechanics.

Thok Fixate in LFR for sure.

Naz'grim's Ravager.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole Lei Shen encounter in my eyes, love all the abilities and how you can decide to empower different ones, and yet still be forved to empower another at some point!

In SoO, i relly like Garrosh, with the big flaming iron balls (that came out wrong, but i don't remember the mechanics name....) that just destroys everyone if the channelers aren't killed

Heroic will of the emperors sparks. co-ordinating the soaking and making sure u dps and use all the cc abilities in ur arsenal was really fun and quite challenging
    Mew!

10+ Year Old Account
    People will hate me for this: Durumu maze.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Garalon's Crush was one of the biggest impact abilities I've ever seen a raid boss do. When that big-ass bug jumped up in the air you knew something bad was about to happen, and boom the entire raid drops to half health and is stunned. A close second would be Blade Lord Ta'yak's Blade Tempest, because nothing was funnier than realizing that someone had been standing 40 yards away and watching them fly to their doom as he started to whirlwind before they even reached him.
    Was gonna vote for Crush from Garalon too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I hope I won't derail the thread too much, I just wanted to comment on the 'clickers failing tornado-like stuff' comments.

I don't know about your experiences, but I noticed that people who fail various movement mechanics (alisrazor is an even better version of ta'yak) are not clickers; they are people who use 'A'/'D' keys to turn, not to strafe (or at least don't have any bindings for strafing).

I, for one, can't say I'm really disgusted at clickers. But I certainly am disgusted at people who turn camera/character with anything other than mouse left/right buttons. Maybe having 'A'/'D' for turning and Q/E (or something else) for strafing might also work for someone, but even so - using keyboard to turn and/or NOT using keyboard to strafe is the real reason behind players who are constantly bad at anything other than patchwerk fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    I hope I won't derail the thread too much, I just wanted to comment on the 'clickers failing tornado-like stuff' comments.

I don't know about your experiences, but I noticed that people who fail various movement mechanics (alisrazor is an even better version of ta'yak) are not clickers; they are people who use 'A'/'D' keys to turn, not to strafe (or at least don't have any bindings for strafing).

I, for one, can't say I'm really disgusted at clickers. But I certainly am disgusted at people who turn camera/character with anything other than mouse left/right buttons. Maybe having 'A'/'D' for turning and Q/E (or something else) for strafing might also work for someone, but even so - using keyboard to turn and/or NOT using keyboard to strafe is the real reason behind players who are constantly bad at anything other than patchwerk fights.
    a/d + hold right mouse button is for strafing, how the hell do u play

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMine View Post
    a/d + hold right mouse button is for strafing, how the hell do u play
    By completely re keybinding your a/d buttons to be strafe in stead?
    Seriously try it. There is no bad side to it. You even gain Q/E, which are some of the best buttons for keybinds. Way better than having to use like... 7. Who has hands which are shaped like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    By completely re keybinding your a/d buttons to be strafe in stead?
    Seriously try it. There is no bad side to it. You even gain Q/E, which are some of the best buttons for keybinds. Way better than having to use like... 7. Who has hands which are shaped like that?
    Indeed. I don't understand people using Q and E for strafing. My mage has the bomb (one of the most used spells after the filler) on Q; my rogue has SS on Q; my DK has blood boil on Q and so on. It's so easy strafing around (regardless of whether you're a melee trying to stay out of shit while still DPSing the boss or a ranged moving away for bad stuff while still not wasting a single GCD on the run) and using those 2 buttons... I really can't imagine how people play without it. Seriously, even clicking doesn't gimp your performance that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.