10+ Year Old Account

Whats the best US Alliance server?

Looking to make an alt that I can actually log on and play a BG without waiting for 45min to get onto Tich then another 13min to get into the BG. So what's the best Server for rolling Alliance?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Sargeras is OK. I think it's gone down some over the years, according to other people, but between trade chat, friends, and oQueue, there's usually a good selection of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who mostly plays Alliance I'll give you a couple of servers that are revolved around pvp and then out of those give you a select few that I recommend.

High populated Alliance servers that revolve around pvp are; Sargeras, Darkspear, Kel'thuzad, Arthas, Korgath, Kil'jaeden, Emerald Dream.

Out of those I recommend Sargeras. Sargeras is similar to Illidan Horde where its overpopulated to the extreme where there's multiple skill levels of players to play with. There is a lot of pve dragon slaying heroes on it though. But there's no doubt that its good and you won't have trouble "fitting in."

KT is also a good secondary option. I would argue that KT has the better quality of players but its harder to "fit in." If I were you I would just check out both servers on a random alt and look around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Out of those I recommend Sargeras. Sargeras is similar to Illidan Horde where its overpopulated to the extreme where there's multiple skill levels of players to play with. There is a lot of pve dragon slaying heroes on it though.
    The PvE component is one of the reasons I like and stick with Sargeras - the auction house has pretty much everything 24/7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras have a queue?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Sargeras have a queue?
    as in long bg queue times? No. It doesn't matter what alliance server you're on, the queue time is going to be either instant or 30 seconds. The reason should be obvious. And if you don't know, then you'll find out very soon.

I'd say Kel'thuzad for pvp- it's always been strongest for alliance arena (thought that's not saying much lately) and Snutz has been trying to lure some top players there lately.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/24...ld-club-money/

Don't go Darkspear if you hate waiting to get on the server, its queues are very long. It's good for casual alliance pvp once you get on though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess since I didn't understand what queue meant earlier, no sargeras has no wait time. The only alliance server that I know that has a queue is Stormrage but that's a pve server. I like Stormrage only because its an eastern server where I'll get like 30ms latency.

What Arrowset said is true. There are better players on KT overall, but Sargeras has multiple kinds of players suited for almost any form of player. If you're a super serious pvp player I would go to KT.

Sargeras for a PVP realm and Proudmoore for a PVE realm.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Well, to be honest, I've seen a queue to log in to Sargeras maybe 2 or 3 times in the past couple months. They're short, as in 2 minutes or less, and I don't really mind that because it was probably mostly due to winter-break playing by people off school, and it gives me a pretty nice feeling that the realm is populated. But it wouldn't be right to say that there's never a queue.

Also, if Sargeras gets more people due to posts like this, the potential for queues goes up. As for Kel'Thuzad and Snutz's plan, I think they're mostly taking horde folks over, and for his guild he's looking for 2.4K+ rated players only, but there may be a halo effect of other people following to be on such a realm. It may turn out nice over there too.

Hey guys! How does Tichondrius compare to Sargeras as far as WPvP goes. I'm on the Alliance and I understand Tich is more balanced as far as factions go but Sargeras cross realm zones with illidan, who complements them with horde. Does this help? Is Tich's slightly lower population of Alliance made up for via cross realm zones and if so who? Basically If any one of you gentlemen could give me a good comparison of the two I would be extremely grateful!