Deleted

Computer Upgrade Help

I'd really appreciate it if I could have some assistance with getting some new parts for my computer.

I've looked on some websites at parts, but my knowledge of these parts, and what I have, compatibility and such... isn't that good, and I'm not sure what would be best for my specific needs, so here I am, looking at you friendly gentlemen for some help.

My specifications are as follows:

1680x1050 resolution

CPU
    AMD Athlon II X4 630

GPU
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470

8GB DDR3 RAM
    ASRock M3N78D Motherboard
    Not sure about my PSU, I'd have to open up my computer to check.

I'd like some upgrades, mainly for my CPU and GPU, but if you guys think that I really need to upgrade other parts, then by all means.

I'm not looking to spend more than €500 on the CPU + GPU, I don't want anything top of the line, just something that would run Battlefield 4 adequately.
    The cheaper, the better.

Note: I live in Ireland.
    Last edited by mmocc9f100db02; 2014-01-14 at 05:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure you don't want to build new PC with that budget?

Someone from ireland mentioned he buys his parts in UK, so I chose UK:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£167.99 @ Amazon UK)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£23.90 @ Ebuyer)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£71.05 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card (£79.99 @ Dabs)
    Case: Cooler Master K280 ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.74 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£47.12 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £422.79 (~507euro)
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-14 06:30 GMT+0000)

You would have to reuse your old RAM and HDD.

If you add another 50 pounds (60euro) or so, you can get 650ti boost.

You could reuse your old Case as well, but first you would need to measure it to make sure evo212 fits.
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2014-01-14 at 06:37 AM.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Are you sure you don't want to build new PC with that budget?
    I mean, I could. But I'd need a lot of help, if I were to make a new PC I'd stretch the budget even more. Maybe up to €700 or so. I'm not sure, I'd have to save some more money.

What could you suggest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonç View Post
    I mean, I could. But I'd need a lot of help, if I were to make a new PC I'd stretch the budget even more. Maybe up to €700 or so. I'm not sure, I'd have to save some more money.

What could you suggest?
    Just did, ~7euro is not that much of a stretch is it?

After you build that PC you can then save up for some better RAM (would need to know what exact RAM you have) and an SSD.

Deleted
    Just did, ~7euro is not that much of a stretch is it?

After you build that PC you can then save up for some better RAM (would need to know what exact RAM you have) and an SSD.

All the info I know of for my memory.

Also, would that GPU be sufficient for Battlefield 4? I'd like something that would run BF4 well.
    Last edited by mmocc9f100db02; 2014-01-14 at 06:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the info I know of for my memory.
    Yea not that good :P
    But it will do for now until you save up some more money

Deleted
    Yea not that good :P
    But it will do for now until you save up some more money
    If you think a new PC would be best, I could up the budget to €800, possibly even €900.

I'd like a computer that'd last at least 3 years, as the one I have now has. Something that'll run games like Guild Wars 2, Warthunder, Planetside 2, Battlefield 4, and probably GTA V when it's released on PC.

GPU and CPU are my main priorities as I'd like those two to last for quite a while, and still be good for a couple years to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a build with SSD, HDD for storage and RAM:

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£23.90 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: GeIL EVO CORSA Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£60.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£60.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£42.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card (£146.07 @ Ebuyer)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£47.12 @ CCL Computers)
    Total: £653.82
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-14 07:30 GMT+0000)

Will be around 783euro. You will play ultra/high games released already and new games on high for a few years. After 3-4years you might have to go down to medium settings.

Deleted
    Here's a build with SSD, HDD for storage and RAM:

Memory: GeIL EVO CORSA Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£60.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£60.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£42.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card (£146.07 @ Ebuyer)
    Total: £653.82
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-14 07:30 GMT+0000)

Will be around 783euro. You will play ultra/high games released already and new games on high for a few years. After 2-3 you might have to go down to medium settings.
    My main concern with a new PC is that my internet's not the best, I can play games, the ping's fine. But the downloading is slow, and I have an 80gb download cap. So with saying that, all the programs I currently have on my HDD... there are a lot, including games.. I can't just get a new HDD and redownload them all. Same goes for reinstalling/getting a new operating system. I'd prefer to keep this HDD to save me from having to spend possibly months downloading software and games.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main concern with a new PC is that my internet's not the best, I can play games, the ping's fine. But the downloading is slow, and I have an 80gb download cap. So with saying that, all the programs I currently have on my HDD... there are a lot, including games.. I can't just get a new HDD and redownload them all. Same goes for reinstalling/getting a new operating system. I'd prefer to keep this HDD to save me from having to spend possibly months downloading software and games.

You would still have to reinstall windows with all those new parts, NO way around that. And that would 'break' some software that would need to be reinstalled, most of the games will still work. Just make sure to copy all the files from "My Documents" for games.
    I doubt you would be able to keep old OS install even if you only changed CPU/Mobo.
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2014-01-14 at 07:50 AM.

Deleted
    You would still have to reinstall windows with all those new parts, NO way around that. And that would 'break' some software that would need to be reinstalled, most of the games will still work. Just make sure to copy all the files from "My Documents" for games.
    I doubt you would be able to keep old OS install even if you only changed CPU/Mobo.
    Anyway to transfer installed programs onto a new HDD without having to redownload them all from scratch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway to transfer installed programs onto a new HDD without having to redownload them all from scratch?
    Yea just copy them over, but most of them need registry entries so you would need to reinstall them, if you have installation file. Otherwise you would need to redownload.