Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Freedom Industries CEO to reporter " I'M TOO TIRED TO DO AN INTERVIEW " after spill

This ASS####..............WV

Sucking on a cool bottle of water while you suffer for the 5th day with no water and when report ask hard question " i'm too tired to answer and walk away " i guess he can't take the heat...............SO WHY YOUR CEO DOUCHBAG !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_El...chemical_spill
    http://www.businessweek.com/articles...virginia-spill

He's too busy readying his golden parachute.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine if I'd been dealing with this for 5 days I'd be in no mood to gab to the press either.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    He thinking how he going to screw WV while drinking that nice cool water !

WHAT A DOUCHE!

In related news, Erin Brockovitch is lookin' fine for a woman of her age.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...-scene#r=lr-sr
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

She looks like a man in that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Julia Roberts has really let herself go.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    This ASS####..............WV

Sucking on a cool bottle of water while you suffer for the 5th day with no water and when report ask hard question " i'm too tired to answer and walk away " i guess he can't take the heat...............SO WHY YOUR CEO DOUCHBAG !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_El...chemical_spill
    http://www.businessweek.com/articles...virginia-spill
    well, if you want to get technical about it, he's under no obligation to do an interview about anything.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    well, if you want to get technical about it, he's under no obligation to do an interview about anything.
    Apparently he was under no obligation to NOT poison the water supply either. Last inspection of those storage tanks was done a lovely 23 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Apparently he was under no obligation to NOT poison the water supply either. Last inspection of those storage tanks was done a lovely 23 years ago.
    23 years, wow
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Maybe he has been trying to deal with the mess and does not need the stress of doing an interview and making sure answers will not be twisted against him.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read this today

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4589636.html

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — Downtown businesses and restaurants began to reopen after water was declared safe to drink in portions of West Virginia's capital, but life has yet to return to normal for most of the 300,000 people who haven't been able to use running water in the five days since a chemical spill.

It could still be days before everyone in the Charleston metropolitan area is cleared to use water, though officials say the water in certain designated areas was safe to drink and wash with as long as people flushed out their systems. They cautioned that the water may still have a slight licorice-type odor, raising the anxieties of some who believed it was still contaminated.

"I wouldn't drink it for a while. I'm skeptical about it," said Wanda Blake, a cashier in the electronics section of a Charleston Kmart who fears she was exposed to the tainted water before she got word of the spill. "I know I've ingested it."

By Tuesday morning, officials had given the green light to about 35 percent of West Virginia American Water's customers. Thursday's spill affected 100,000 customers in a nine-county area, or about 300,000 people in all.

The water crisis shuttered schools, restaurants and day-care centers, and truckloads of water had to be brought in from out of state. People were told to use the water only to flush their toilets. Hospitals were flushing out systems as were schools, which hoped to open again Wednesday.

In downtown Charleston, the first section of the city where water was declared safe, few signs of the crisis were visible late Monday and hotel guests were informed they could use everything but the ice machines.

But many businesses remained shuttered in outlying residential neighborhoods. Charleston attorney Anthony Majestro represents several businesses that lost money while shut down and said he has lost count of the numerous lawsuits filed over the spill.

The Charleston Fire Department was continuing to give away cases of bottled water for free, and late Monday afternoon, a steady stream of vehicles crept through a station about a mile north of downtown.

Fire Capt. Eddie Moore estimated that firefighters, police officers and other volunteers at the station had given away 2,500 cases of water Monday — more than 80,000 16-ounce bottles, or two tractor-trailers full. Firefighters loaded several cases into every vehicle that drove through.

Inside the station, the firefighters were surviving on frozen dinners, and Moore said the licorice smell from the taps was especially strong Monday morning.

Bernard Casdorph, 64, a field deputy for the county assessor's office, said he was making twice-daily trips to the station to collect water for himself, his mother, her neighbor and a cousin who uses a wheelchair. He said three days without a shower was enough for him to set aside his fears of the contaminant.

"I slipped. I went ahead and took a shower anyway. Maybe I shouldn't have," Casdorph said. "I just couldn't take it. I asked everybody, 'Am I turning green or blue?'"

Officials were lifting the ban in a strict, methodical manner to help ensure the water system was not overwhelmed by excessive demand, which could cause more water quality and service problems. An online map detailing what areas were cleared showed a very small portion in blue Monday evening and a vast area across nine counties still in the "do not use" red.

Customers were credited with 1,000 gallons of water, which was likely more than enough to flush out a system. The average residential customer uses about 3,300 gallons a month.

The water crisis started Thursday when a chemical used in coal processing leaked from a Freedom Industries plant into the nearby Elk River.

Complaints came in to West Virginia American Water about the odor and officials discovered the source was the chemical 4-methylcyclohexane methanol, which spilled out of a 40,000-gallon tank.

In all, state officials believe about 7,500 gallons leaked from the tank. Some of the chemical was contained before flowing into the river and it's not clear exactly how much entered the water supply.

Federal authorities, including the U.S. Chemical Safety Board, have opened an investigation.

Over the past few days, tests have showed that levels were consistently below a toxic threshold, and in some samples, there was no trace of the chemical at all.

Some people put plastic bags around faucets so they were reminded not to use the water. Others have left town to take a shower and find an open restaurant.

Only 14 people exposed to the contaminated water were admitted to the hospital, and none were in serious condition. No fish kills were reported and there was no effect on aquatic life or wildlife, state officials said.

The chemical, even in its most concentrated form, isn't deadly. However, people were told they shouldn't even wash their clothes in affected water, as the compound can cause symptoms ranging from skin irritation and rashes to vomiting and diarrhea.

Company president Gary Southern said Friday night that the leak had been stopped, but otherwise company officials have declined to comment.

What going to happen next
    Hearing
    EPA will fines them and is will not put a dent into this company
    Maybe a few commercial for WV

just like BP

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    That guy should be sending 5 days worth of bottled water to the affected households... It must really suck to have to collect rainwater for your daily activities with no prior warning or buy tons of bottled water to bathe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Private corporation fucked up? I'm sure someone will find a way to blame government.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Private corporation fucked up? I'm sure someone will find a way to blame government.
    it's all these damn regulations!

oh wait...there are none...

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    WV absolutely deserves some blame. Terrible civil planning and ridiculously laxed regulations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Freedom (to fuck up your water) Industries.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Contaminated water ? Five days without water supply ? Where in the thirld world is that happening ? Africa ? North Korea ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I would imagine if I'd been dealing with this for 5 days I'd be in no mood to gab to the press either.
    His mood is irrelevant. It's his job and his personal responsibility. I somehow doubt he's getting paid pocket change either.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

It's not his job to grant interviews or answer questions at the whim of any reporter, so I see nothing wrong here. This is why press conferences exist.

Oh yeah, and I can't find where in the article or the Wiki entry that this issue actually arises. GG OP for getting me to respond.
    Last edited by Destruktion; 2014-01-14 at 08:22 PM.