Poll: Do you think it's weird that we don't understand each other?

Deleted

How smart are our characters? [Language]

We have been through Vanilla, BC, WotLK, Cata, and now MoP. What an adventure!
    We have countered lots of battle - Both with and against each faction - against common goals.. And we're not done yet.

Through fights (Boss and non-boss) we often hear yells that we all understand. In cinematics we even see both factions have conversations together.

Now, seeing the age and experience of our characters makes me wonder.. Just how stupid are they? We don't understand a single word of what the other faction player are saying. And then look - Garrosh - A orc without.. Too much intellect is able to speak some sort of language that we all understand, fluent?

Yet, my character struggle to understand more than "kek".

Roleplay wise (No, I don't do roleplay, but as it's the only logical reason I can see, that we're not able to speak together), in the time there have been, NONE of our characters have ever thought of studying the other faction and learnt at least some of it?

I'm not saying that they should learn it fluently but it kind of annoys me how little we know about each other.

What's your thought about it? I made a poll so we can get a "overall" result, but you're welcome to reply with your thoughts as well.
    Last edited by mmocc82bd9b4a5; 2014-01-14 at 02:00 PM.

Irony, irony everywhere!

Narp, its clearly just gameplay reasons. Although nothing stops 3rd party voice chat software so its easy to override.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I don't see any poll yet... but RP wise, it makes sense... they don't allow us to understand / speak different language for game-play reasons, keeping that distinct fashion vibe going on.

Would be cool if on RP realms you could have huge quest chains that involve gold spending, and grinding to learn a new language.... maybe even on non RP servers... who knows? not me..

Well, first I'd say it is slightly humorous you talk about language but then say "how smart is our characters" and "sence".

But I agree it is silly but it is only set up that way from a mechanics perspective. I however put I don't care in the poll because it doesn't really matter.

Signature Created by Jassinta

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Well, first I'd say it is slightly humorous you talk about language but then say "how smart is our characters" and "sence".

But I agree it is silly but it is only set up that way from a mechanics perspective. I however put I don't care in the poll because it doesn't really matter.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that English is not the op's first language.
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

Deleted
    Correct but I'm still slightly surprised that I made that typo.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I imagine it's just for gameplay reasons that Alliance don't interact with the Horde. We've got to have some barriers. In the world of Azeroth, there are many diplomats and races have spent centuries learning each others' languages. And yes, I do think it's ironic you used 'is' instead of 'are'.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?