Thread: Nzxt h440

Nzxt h440

So this case's NDA apparently went out today, and at a glance it seems like it's a case deserving some attention. How do you guys think this'll fare? I'm quite fond of it, although I want to go for a smaller case, not something the same as or bigger.

The most obvious source of info on the case seems to be TTL.

It is very good looking but I need something amazing to make me drop my FT02.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    how about an FT05?

Looks great! It looks very slick and clean, especially with that PSU cover.

What a gorgeous case. Tom gave it not Gold, but White Gold award, and that definitely says something about it.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    how about an FT05?
    Not good enough, I would either go with TJ11 or something smaller like m-ATX or m-ITX.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Pretty much how I feel. I'm still in love with my FT02 after all this time.

how about an FT05?
    Had to look into this after I saw your post. All I can say is.. yespls. I think I see a future build in an FT05.

- - - Updated - - -

Not good enough, I would either go with TJ11 or something smaller like m-ATX or m-ITX.
    Scratch that, as much as I like what I see in the FT05 I really feel I need to be looking at an matx or mitx build for my next project. If anything, I'll remember the FT05 as a list of possible enthusiast rig case suggestions down the road.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

10+ Year Old Account
    the FT05 will essentially be the FT02 without the drive bays, so shorter overall

but the TJ11 is a massive case, quite the opposite of mATX

i have a hadron air build im working on atm, and it really is cool to see a full power gaming system that small, but if you do anything other than gaming ATX and eATX are still the way to go

the FT05 will essentially be the FT02 without the drive bays, so shorter overall

but the TJ11 is a massive case, quite the opposite of mATX

i have a hadron air build im working on atm, and it really is cool to see a full power gaming system that small, but if you do anything other than gaming ATX and eATX are still the way to go
    I just have a bad feeling that the FT05 just won't have the same quality feeling and finish of the older Silverstone cases.

Yes the TJ11 is massive but it would be a superior case to FT02, the reasoning behind going smaller would be that it would be easier to myself to justify the downgrade.

I just have a bad feeling that the FT05 just won't have the same quality feeling and finish of the older Silverstone cases.

Yes the TJ11 is massive but it would be a superior case to FT02, the reasoning behind going smaller would be that it would be easier to myself to justify the downgrade.
    I disagree. I feel the FT02 found the sweet spot as far as physical dimensions go. There's no argument that the TJ11 is a nice case, but I feel it's too large and expensive to justify for a personal rig.

Even with custom loops in mind, I still think there are smaller and cheaper alternatives that are more viable. Short of having a large amount of expendable income and a desire for a flashy water setup, I just don't see the TJ11 being worth it.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

10+ Year Old Account
    that's what the RV05 will be for, the FT will still be high end, and RV for flashy cheap thrills, same core chassis, different shells

$119.99 , hopefully that price holds up at retailers $150 just seemed a tiny bit overpriced to me.

how about an FT05?
    Didnt know the 05 was a thing yet but.... apparently it is !

Was strongly considering a raven or fortress for my next case. How are you liking yours ?
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne View Post
    Didnt know the 05 was a thing yet but.... apparently it is !

Was strongly considering a raven or fortress for my next case. How are you liking yours ?
    That ML07 <3

Deleted
    That's embarrassing. just now I realized there's an LED switch on the back of my NZXT Phantom...

Anyway, all in all looks like a nice case but I'll stick to my Phantom.
    Also not sure how I feel about the exhaust vents on the side. Seems rather odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne View Post

i have two of them, and i will never go back to a standard ATX layout, vertical is the way to go, the FT02 is odd, on one hand the build quality and desigh are outstanding, but its also not as versatile as some of the other enthusiast cases, watercooling is very limited if you don't like using a dremel, but it's aircooling capability makes up for it, its still one of if not the best case on the market for air temps and air flow, and unlike the HAF, it's quiet, and if paired with a good heatsink, almost silent
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2014-01-14 at 09:16 PM.

I used to see 70-80 eur cases that were complety made of metal and barely plastic being used from Antec, now you just see them with 500 plastic panels everywhere like nzxt. I strongly have the feeling that almost every case manufacturer is going quality wise backwards just to save some costs, except Silverstone.

Why would it be superior? Aircooling performance theyre equal. I can't really see any reason to buy a TJ11 over a FT02 other than the aesthetics and watercooling options/space. Cable management I think the FT02 is still better because the TJ11 only has a cutout of ~8mm wide which isn't enough to get a 4+4pin through it so you have to use an (extension) individually sleeved cpu cable and plug it first then route the cable and then install the motherboard where as the FT02 it's totally easier.

Yes you can take the case complety apart even the motherboard tray which I didn't even do because I didnt see the point of it, it's more a thing for modders imo.
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    That's embarrassing. just now I realized there's an LED switch on the back of my NZXT Phantom....
    your not the only one........lol

No bays for CDrom or w/e, or am i missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CamelLogic View Post
    most people don't use them anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CamelLogic View Post
    Nope not missing anything, it's about time and I hope we get to see more of this in the future. For a lot of people it's just wasted space.