Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    So, I have a new derogatory nickname for "Season One Living Story": 50 Shades of Scarlet :P
    I'm gonna use that :')

There's no way I'm logging in to a zone 40 minutes ahead of time for an encounter.

Stuff like this is why I don't like GW2 now as much as I did in the beginning.
    I'm saying this with absolutely no intention to offend, but based on your posts it seems to me MMORPGs are really not for you.
    You seem to dislike most major aspects of the genre...

RE: overflows, I usually log in an hour before the event and alt-tab out to do whatever I want. Not even remotely on the same page as proper raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    I feel your pain >< They really should do something about guesting on servers like Deso that already has a huge community.
    Thank god I already finished the Living Story xD Now I can avoid it at all costs xD

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    I'm saying this with absolutely no intention to offend, but based on your posts it seems to me MMORPGs are really not for you.
    So because someone CBA to wait 40minutes doing absolutely nothing interesting MMO's aren't for that person?
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account

RE: overflows, I usually log in an hour before the event and alt-tab out to do whatever I want. Not even remotely on the same page as proper raiding.
    I hope this alt tabbing while waiting is a sign of things to come for mmos, what a fantastic addition to the genre, sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    So because someone CBA to wait 40minutes doing absolutely nothing interesting MMO's aren't for that person?
    You really going to pick out and twists words?

1) If you want to be on the "Main" sever you get there early. I've tried getting there half an hour early with no luck
    2) Main sever fails all the time despite having people
    3) Overflow beats it many times regardless of not being on the main server
    4) Just because you show up early doesn't mean you sit and do nothing, you are in one of the largest zones in the game. IDK why don't you DO SOMETHING till the event happens

Seriously Mel you are arguing for the sake of arguing and ignoring features of the game just to make a point and blow what I said out of context. You don't like GW2 we get it so stop playing.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I didn't respond to you, I quoted who I responded to...
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

For someone who tends to dissect other people's posts and reply in a precise manner, you failed basic reading comprehension this time.

I don't get why you'd say what you did in reaction to what Lane said. I find that conversations go from point 1 to 1.1 and so on until there's a big enough gap to change topics and go to point 2.

That being said, I don't get why her saying she doesn't want to wait 40min triggered your response this way.
    I can make sense of your reaction in two ways:
    1. This was a tipping point and you think that waiting 40min is part of any MMO. (the option I went with)
    2. You decided to change topics because Lane has quite a few complaints (valid or not) and want to steer the conversation elsewhere.

I find 2. very weird (but I guess that's what happened since I can't figure out any other options than the previous two I mentioned) since it doesn't really matter. If you want to get rid of her complaints, there's a line of whiners who are far more vocal (yours truly included).

So it seems that my idea of how conversations flow is flawed since both you and fencers don't seem to hold to my model.

For someone who tends to dissect other people's posts and reply in a precise manner, you failed basic reading comprehension this time.
    No, I'm pretty sure he was spot on. You're just backpedaling on what you said.

And logging into a game, then alt tabbing out for 30 minutes to an hour is not exactly an ideal or good thing. That's actually proof of really bad game design. The fact that you think it's ok and that everyone shouldn't have a problem with it speaks volumes. Sorry if the rest of us play a game to, oh i don't know, actually PLAY the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You really going to pick out and twists words?

1) If you want to be on the "Main" sever you get there early. I've tried getting there half an hour early with no luck
    2) Main sever fails all the time despite having people
    3) Overflow beats it many times regardless of not being on the main server
    4) Just because you show up early doesn't mean you sit and do nothing, you are in one of the largest zones in the game. IDK why don't you DO SOMETHING till the event happens

Seriously Mel you are arguing for the sake of arguing and ignoring features of the game just to make a point and blow what I said out of context. You don't like GW2 we get it so stop playing.
    Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.....

All four points you listed are signs of bad game design in general. The fact you are even using them as some sort of defense is really quite sad. Just goes to show how far GW2 has fallen.

Deleted
    So, I have a new derogatory nickname for "Season One Living Story": 50 Shades of Scarlet :P

Mod edit: Infracted.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-01-28 at 07:36 PM.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.....

All four points you listed are signs of bad game design in general. The fact you are even using them as some sort of defense is really quite sad. Just goes to show how far GW2 has fallen.
    Ok, you can have an hour que time sitting and doing nothing instead of having an overflow to play on. Such a horrible game design.

And playing the game while waiting for a predesignated event to pop? HORRIBLE GAME DESIGN. Horrible game design to play the game. So awful.

Points 2 and 3 are not even game designs, it is just players not completing/completing content. #reading
    Last edited by zito; 2014-01-28 at 08:00 PM.

If you don't understand how the overflow system has actually hampered a lot of people and the negatives to it, then there really isn't much hope for you. Just because stuff can be cleared on overflows sometimes doesn't mean this is the norm. In fact, it's more rare than people think.

- - - Updated - - -

And playing the game while waiting for a predesignated event to pop? HORRIBLE GAME DESIGN. Horrible game design to play the game. So awful.
    Being forced to waste time in a zone most people don't give two shits about in order to MAYBE get to the instance and event they need is NOT better than what other MMOs offer. At least in those you can queue for what you want and then go do what you WANT to do in the mean time. You know, something productive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done it 3 times on overflow now - 2x success and 1x failed. The failed attempt gave me the Mini Clockwork Moa \o/

I've done it 8x on home - 6x success and 2x failed. The big difference I see between the success and failed attempts on Marionette is how much people are communicating about the Warden mechanics and coordinating between lanes. The best maps I was on had people dropping crafting tables and BL agents and vendors while we were waiting, coordinating and training up the new players - it really feels like a community event

Btw, here's some great really short guides on how to do the Wardens:

Warden I: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rtA7VJenFQ
    Warden II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucjm6W7JyjU
    Warden III: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH_TWZjHnvA
    Warden IV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7BSYxr75nc
    Warden V: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeFLUwA1AyU
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Very disingenuous because you are stuck in one zone for 40minutes to an hour, its easy to be flippant about it, but if the best Anet can offer is either alt-tabbing or flittering about in one zone in the hope to get involved in an encounter, then its just not a very good design.

Being forced to waste time in a zone most people don't give two shits about in order to MAYBE get to the instance and event they need is NOT better than what other MMOs offer. At least in those you can queue for what you want and then go do what you WANT to do in the mean time. You know, something productive.
    Very disingenuous because you are stuck in one zone for 40minutes to an hour, its easy to be flippant about it, but if the best Anet can offer is either alt-tabbing or flittering about in one zone in the hope to get involved in an encounter, then its just not a very good design.
    You guys are ignoring the fact that the MAIN SEVER doesn't win 100%. I have been on almost all overflows and about half beat the boss. Waiting 40 minutes to get into the MAIN SERVER is player choice, overflow is perfectly fine, if it wasn't there you wouldn't be seeing the game period you would be in a que time waiting just as long doing nothing.

So lets not ignore half of what I say and pick out snippets of my post to justify your whatever reasoning you need to be on the main server.

If even karizee admits that being OF is a disadvantage I don't know why you keep grasping at this straw...

If even karizee admits that being OF is a disadvantage I don't know why you keep grasping at this straw...
    Because she admits the problem is player communication. People are so fixated to get on the "main server" that they completely just disregard communication on their perfectly fine overflow that is an overflow of an overflow because it has capped the limit of players. You have enough people just nobody is talking. It is player mind set.

Anet shouldn't have to "fix" a feature because players refuse to communicate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because she admits the problem is player communication. People are so fixated to get on the "main server" that they completely just disregard communication on their perfectly fine overflow that is an overflow of an overflow because it has capped the limit of players. You have enough people just nobody is talking. It is player mind set.

Anet shouldn't have to "fix" a feature because players refuse to communicate.
    Overflow is a feature now? I guess in comparison to log in ques...but I look at it more like a fail-safe because they couldn't figure out how to raise the capacity of the main servers. Either way, it's a double-edged sword. Sure they could do nothing, but if they don't then it just continues to harbor that kind of attitude from the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    Overflow is a feature now? I guess in comparison to log in ques...but I look at it more like a fail-safe because they couldn't figure out how to raise the capacity of the main servers. Either way, it's a double-edged sword. Sure they could do nothing, but if they don't then it just continues to harbor that kind of attitude from the players.
    Overflow is a feature to combat log in ques.

No matter how many times they raise the main server capacity (which they already have several times before and after launch) there will always end up being a que. Overflow fixes that so you can play if there was a que.

If overflow never existed people would be bitching 24/7 about que times just like they do with WoW when something shiny appears.