Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

I don't understand why people still want to hear Ghostcrawlers tweets

About WoW/Blizzard.....

Just seems odd that people took a bizarre interest in a single ex-dev

Deleted
    Because some of us appreciated his insight into game design and general responses as we're able to correctly evaluate valuable opinions instead jumping on the bandwagon of hateful ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Mostly because, despite the stance most seem to have in considering him the end-all-be-all destroyer of WoW, many of us actually realize he was a passionate developer who wanted to share developer insight with people who were similarly as passionate about playing the game.

Regardless of whether he works there now or not, I still find his input valuable.
    Now he is going to destroy Riot <3
    JK :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    About WoW/Blizzard.....

You don't need to understand why other people want to still hear what he has to say. Other peoples' interests =/= your interests.

I hate ketchup and mustard, HATE them both. I'd sooner drink vinegar than have either of them on my burgers/etc. And yet, you don't see me making topics like "I don't understand why people still want ketchup and mustard on their burgers...."

My tastes =/= other peoples' tastes.

- - - Updated - - -

Mostly because, despite the stance most seem to have in considering him the end-all-be-all destroyer of WoW, many of us actually realize he was a passionate developer who wanted to share developer insight with people who were similarly as passionate about playing the game.

Regardless of whether he works there now or not, I still find his input valuable.
    Also, this. Unlike the sea of childish morons who wrongfully/exclusively blamed him for each and every thing they hated/change made to the game, some of us understood that he was part of a team and just the messenger for a lot of things. I enjoy his thoughts and couldn't care less if he's still at Blizzard. Would still like to know his feelings on things, also he can continue to explain design intentions for things that happened while he was there. Makes for a good read.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2014-01-14 at 07:32 PM.

I like hearing thoughts and insight on how things go on the WoW side at Blizzard. The development team is just that, a team, and he was the loudest voice for it. I'd love to sit down with GC and ask him a bunch of questions about why and how thousands of various things have been done. I just find that sort of information interesting.

What he says is as someone who has worked on the game and has had accesses to the data and many reasons for changes that lead to changes and what things worked out and didnt. He is a far better sources of credible information than any other typical poster on these forums and their opinions. None of the other tweeting developers will talk about purpose and design goals like GC has been doing.

If there was anything to hate about GC it would be a number of his bogus PR bullshit he used sometimes like purpose of dailies at launch and that is a good bit his fault for trying to mislead players in an attempt to get them to play differently.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-14 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how he is being so honest about things rather than having to put on the blizzard mask and giving riddles and smoke signals to any answer we get :P

About WoW/Blizzard.....

It's because MMOc just loves drama. Not much more to it than that.

Because he has a huge amount of insight and until recently was a big influence of the game.

He is also no longer under any contract and does not represent the company so he can be even more open with what he says.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

He may not still work for Blizzard but you shouldn't forget that he was a big part in the upcoming xpac. And tbh I kinda like the guy :P

Why would his input be valuable it has no effect on the game any more. REally?

That's funny, I don't understand your compulsion for making so many pointless threads.

About WoW/Blizzard.....

As a designer at Blizzard, he personally got to know the developers and was given access to statistics that the rest of us can only speculate on. So of course people interested in the game will continue to be interested in what he has to say about it. People pay more attention to people who actually performed the job that they are commenting on. This is why Dennis Miller only lasted two years as a sports broadcaster while Terry Bradshaw is going on 30 years in that role.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not his agent, but at the end of the day, he was just a guy, who was part of a TEAM, who built us a game. If Bill Gates left Microsoft tomorrow, people would likely still hear his opinion on the next 3 or 4 Windows platforms.

How is this even a question?

I mean really, the answer is literally common sense.

Don't know why any one wouldn't understand...

It's just stirring the pot.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has a long history of work in World of Warcraft. Despite the heaps of crap piled on him (some deserved, some not), he is an authority on WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care since it doesn't affect me, but his input is still valuable as someone who is very experienced with the genre. I may have not agreed with everything he wrote or did with the game; in fact I was a very against some of the decisions that he took. That said I respected the guy for being able to take so much shit from the community and keep pushing for changes. For every shitty thing he did, there was 10 other great things he added. So long story short, he did more good than harm.

Also to those people who adamantly defend him and pull the "he's one of many, he doesn't have that big of an influence" card. He was still Lead Systems Designer and he did have pull on the decision making progress and spear headed a lot of stupid ideas. He also brought forth a lot of much needed change and was for the better part of his career a great addition to the WoW team. Probably the best guy they had, now if only Chris Metzen and Tom Chilton stepped back *never going to happen I know*.
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2014-01-14 at 08:12 PM.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

He's the lead designer on the most popular computer game. Don't see why it wouldn't be interesting to read his statements, but I can see how it's not as pertinent for a WoW site anymore.

I voted 'No' in the poll MMO had up.

I like him and respect his views as a game dev. I've followed him for a long time, but anything he has to say at this point won't affect the game.

Now, if MMO had regular LoL coverage, that would be a different story, but I don't see why his tweets should make the front page anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a big name in the industry. He has insightful commentary, regardless of who he works for.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    It's because MMOc just loves drama. Not much more to it than that.
    And by "MMOC" you mean "the entire internet," right?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |