Heroic Iron Juggernaut as Destruction?

High guys, My guild has just started working on Heroic Iron Juggernaut. And for some reason I can't maintain over 210 dps so far I think it's due to a lack of activity time. And I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to up my activity time and therefore up my damage, I'm currently using Archimonde's Darkness as my tier 5 talent. Is KJC that much of an improvement? Any tips would be awesome.

Thanks

I don't heroic raid, but to me i prefer KJC mainly for the fact that if you don't position yourself correctly during that fight you have a lot of running to do, which is a lot of missed casts if you cant cast/move at the same time. It allows you to be a lot more mobile since most of the time you're using incinerate. Not only that, you can also continue casting during the knockback if you're positioned correctly.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Without knowing your exact stray it's hard to say. I got our first heroic kill as Destro, I feel like the dps is just kind of a crapshoot. Sometimes that perfect chaos bolt with max stack bboy and binding gets popped up by a saw blade and you want to murder someone. Then it happens 4 pulls in a row and you're dead inside.

Definitely use a pet this fight. Can be either AD or KJC depends on your strat and comfort level. I prefer to play Aff on IJ now just because it feels less frustrating. That might be worth a shot if you think you need more consistent performance.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    My DPs was pretty bad on it until I went aff, there is just so much going on that fight and destro requires so much hard casting. What matters in Heroics isn't always DPS, it's surviving the mechanics and getting through the boss.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Zynx View Post
    Without knowing your exact stray it's hard to say. I got our first heroic kill as Destro, I feel like the dps is just kind of a crapshoot. Sometimes that perfect chaos bolt with max stack bboy and binding gets popped up by a saw blade and you want to murder someone. Then it happens 4 pulls in a row and you're dead inside.

Definitely use a pet this fight. Can be either AD or KJC depends on your strat and comfort level. I prefer to play Aff on IJ now just because it feels less frustrating. That might be worth a shot if you think you need more consistent performance.
    I would go affliction, I haven't played it since ToT and I'm not sure how the changes they made affect it, and I'm a hell of a lot more comfortable with destro. And you're absolutely right about those damn saws, and Borer Drills too. I know I can do better as Destro, I'll try switching to a pet and using KJC. I was under the impression though that single target Sac was better? (I guess that is only if the fight's not TOO movement heavy)

I don't know what tactic you use, but if u do the tactic where u don't attack the boss during the siege phase to avoid basicly all mechanics, it would drop your dps alot if your pet is attacking, because damage meters think you're active, but only doing very little dmg because it's only the pet, and thus causing your dps to drop massively. If you're doing the other tactic with just powering through that phase, destro will lose alot of dps because you're moving more in that phase than you are on normal. And because you're moving so much, it means u can cast less chaos bolts, which consists of a large % of our overall damage done. If you power through it, I'd say you should go affiliction, while using KJC. Haunt is just a rather short cast, and because you can do most dps on the go, you won't lose as much dps during that phase as you would lose as destro.

KJC allows you to move when you get targeted by all the shit on the floor that forces movement, as well as letting you not get interrupted if a sawblade hits you.

You also have to pay attention to where and when the sawblade is coming in order to get chaosberts out. You can also use your portal to not move during a knockback or two besides just putting your back to an obvious wall.

Not really all that much to the fight beyond that.

I started progression with Destro and switched to Aff a few pulls in after realizing you need to avoid a ton of stuff in P1 and I was having to break CB casts.

Especially in 10M early on when your raids ilvl isn't as high and healing is quite intensive, most people use to strat of staying back in P2. This benefits Aff even more because you can gateway or teleport in range for a few seconds in between shock pulses and after mines come out to re-apply your dots.

And yes I would highly advise on taking KJC for this fight because there is alot of movement, especially during progression when you're not fully comfortable with the mechanics yet. I know my raid during progression looked at logs and would point out when people were taking too much damage from borer drill, cannons, and riccochet. The first 2 are 100% avoidable and riccochet is avoidable a majority of the time assuming you are moving when the blade first comes out since that's when it picks it's 2 arcing locations based on 2 random ranged members.

This is a very intenstive healing fight and your job as dps should be both dpsing and avoiding as much damage in P1 as possible.

Thanks so much. You've been a huge help

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSTEYY View Post
    I would go affliction, I haven't played it since ToT and I'm not sure how the changes they made affect it
    The spec plays the same as it did in ToT for single target. I'm with everyone else, if you know how to play aff I would play it for this fight.

ya 210k dps is really low, i did 247k first time trying the fight not knowing whats going on. but anyway, I prefer KJC just because u ever know when u might need to move and cast incinerate at the same time. Yes AD lines up with heroism and such, but most buffs arent 40 seconds long... Im usually using glyphs eternal resolve, healthstone, and swapping out the 3rd between havoc, or something else. i did get hit by a few things at the start.. even trying my best to avoid the red circles and the saw blade.. but we 1shot it so, its all good.

if ur destro id just advise making sure u know when the extended p2 is coming and once its over u can blow ur cds for some major dps.

Deleted
    the dps you do depends greatly on the strat you use, if you like my guild simply spread out near the mountain furthest away from juggernaut, then your dps will be quite bad bcoz you cant dps him 100% of the time.

i would definately suggest picking kjc as it allows you move around while you dps which will help you avoid a lot of dmg.

i wouldnt suggest using a pet if you get knocked back to the mountain during shock pulse as it despawns your pet especially if you're using the strat i mentioned earlier, however if you dont and position yourself where you enter the boss area your pet should be safe.

the biggest benefit of destro is its survivability during siegemode, since you can stack up ome embers and use ember tap to keep yourself up, allowing your healers to focus on other ppl.

If you are going for it on progression KJC, if you are trying to "parse" on farm then use AD. Eyes up and smart use of fel flame (as destro) can go a long way on that fight though RNG is still a cruel mistress. Aff is certainly more reliable, especially with KJC, but destro is certainly viable with either AD or KJC just tends to be more risk/reward with AD and those big chaosbolts. Survival of course favors destro with gosac embertaps so really play what you are best at and what your gear favors.