Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[WW] Is my character optimised?

Greeetings to whom it may concern, and thanks for the interest. I'm just curious if there is any alterations you may/could suggest to optimise my Monk.
    I'm pretty sure most of it is spot on. Using CB I'm around the required haste, and have just started gemming into Deadly Vermillion Onyx for the extra additions to crit. The hit is a little tricky to modify without going slightly under the hit cap. I'm still waiting for the trinket off Dark Shamans to drop, 12 kills so it must be close.

Any opinions? Criticism welcomed. Cheers.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Amaranthin%C3%A9/advanced

Looks good to me, I would only change a few things:

1. Change your boot and ring gems to agility
    2. You may want to grab the ZM glyph, it's really useful this tier

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonky View Post
    Looks good to me, I would only change a few things:

1. Change your boot and ring gems to agility
    2. You may want to grab the ZM glyph, it's really useful this tier
    You're 1.16% above hit cap. Ring and boots you don't need to hit the socket bonus bc its only a very small amount of a secondary stat, not Agility. If you have any trinkets from Normal SoO or higher (other than the cleave one), its better than the Normal Renataki's, even AoC. It couldnt hurt to grab a little more haste, but thats up to playstyle mostly.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

use agi/haste gems in your legs and boots. Agi gem in ring 1. Reforge crit to haste on your 2nd ring. Get better trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    You're 1.16% above hit cap. Ring and boots you don't need to hit the socket bonus bc its only a very small amount of a secondary stat, not Agility. If you have any trinkets from Normal SoO or higher (other than the cleave one), its better than the Normal Renataki's, even AoC. It couldnt hurt to grab a little more haste, but thats up to playstyle mostly.
    My mistake, didn't even think about looking at reforges.

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing to keep in mind. If you are over hit cap, do not be affraid to use Agi/Stam gems if you want the set bonus. If you are using AMR, be sure to give some weight to Stamina if you do so (it defaults to zero).

Deleted
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/2...8-dbc4a2ac844f Click on Optimized to see the changes and you might switch that gem in your gloves to agi/stam, but only if you struggle to survive... ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Feinyr View Post
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/2...8-dbc4a2ac844f Click on Optimized to see the changes and you might switch that gem in your gloves to agi/stam, but only if you struggle to survive... ^^
    Huh, those are some nice stat weights. I wish we could get the people over there to make that the default and not whatever ridiculous person thought including a bit about the crit cap or 9350 haste was a good idea.

Just jumping in with my WW: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...rak/zhi/simple
    I'm a (now) casual Flex-Raider with some ambitions. Wasn't to satisfied with my performance regarding DPS output. Also chose to take 3p BM set for the secondary stats (offspecc bm).
    Any suggestions towards my stats?

Deleted
    I'll join in and see if I can get an experts opinion;
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Chucktailor/advanced

Only other trinkets I currently own are (N) Cleave+ (N) AoC. Would (HC) AoC/(N) TED be better than (N)Thok's?

I also have (HC) belt from DarkShamans, but up until last night I was rocking a fistweapon, putting me far over the hit-cap. Should I go back to the (HC) belt or does the crit from the current one make up for the agi loss?

Also have, both (HC) legs + shoulders. Would those be worth it to drop 2p? Doesn't look like I'll be getting HC-tiers anytime soon.

Also, worst luck EU when it comes to rings, still rockin' (N) DarkAnimus Ring.
    Last edited by mmocca40997ac2; 2014-01-16 at 11:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theSwoosh View Post
    Just jumping in with my WW: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...rak/zhi/simple

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/f...0-a48d685c2928 (Optimized Tab)

I dont know how I would value Agi at 10k haste, but if you stick to the stat weights you'll get that config.

Quote Originally Posted by chuqtaylor View Post
    I'll join in and see if I can get an experts opinion

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/c...9-70e8aff88eee (Optimized Tab)

2p is good and AoC may be better than N Thok (but someone might correct that). You might also appreciate the strong agi procc and the improvement to your mobility and survivability during progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theSwoosh View Post
    I'm a (now) casual Flex-Raider with some ambitions. Wasn't to satisfied with my performance regarding DPS output. Also chose to take 3p BM set for the secondary stats (offspecc bm).
    I'd change the red sockets to Pure Agi gems. I can't read German so that's all I can say, but I do think you're a little over both hit and exp caps so if you could get those down then do so.. The BM pieces aren't bad but you can replace any of them for anything better since the set bonus does nothing for WW. Better trinkets and gear is all else I can say w/o being able to read a single word.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll join in and see if I can get an experts opinion;

Only other trinkets I currently own are (N) Cleave+ (N) AoC. Would (HC) AoC/(N) TED be better than (N)Thok's?

I also have (HC) belt from DarkShamans, but up until last night I was rocking a fistweapon, putting me far over the hit-cap. Should I go back to the (HC) belt or does the crit from the current one make up for the agi loss?

Also have, both (HC) legs + shoulders. Would those be worth it to drop 2p? Doesn't look like I'll be getting HC-tiers anytime soon.

Also, worst luck EU when it comes to rings, still rockin' (N) DarkAnimus Ring.
    About your trinkets, at your ilvl I think the difference between N TED and N Thok's is negligible so I wouldn't worry about that. I'd personally go toward Thok's since it scales and TED has more mastery.

I have no idea how you managed to have only 704 Mastery, that's blowing my mind. I'd personally go with the heroic belt over the normal one since neither is WF.

Similar to the trinkets I think the difference between 2pc N Tier and 2 H off pieces is very small but I would think the increase in stats, assuming the H legs/shoulders don't have wasted stats (put you over caps or mastery) then I'd go with the heroic pieces.

With the trinkets and tier pieces the differences will be minimal but I normally air on the side of higher item level unless I know something is worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feinyr View Post
    2p is good and AoC may be better than N Thok (but someone might correct that). You might also appreciate the strong agi procc and the improvement to your mobility and survivability during progress.
    2p tier bonus is less than 2% damage increase. With his 570+ item level, Thok's scaling would get more use than the haste he'd save using AoC, I do love the proc from AoC but the non-proc part of the trinket can't compare with the % bonuses for Thok's, even at a normal level.

AoC also makes you slightly less mobile as you need to be attacking more to make up for the increased regen. You also need to be in place to channel FoF which you would need to do more often to optimize use of AoC.

Deleted
    Hi everyone,
    I would like some advices in order to help me with my stuff.

Indeed, i have a great one but i need advice about AoC, i would like to take Thok's tail tip. What do you think about that?
    Is it better than AoC even if it's not warforged?

And what about my stats, and gemming? What do you think?
    I try to make things perfect so now, i don' know what to change anymore, i have too much hit may be should i change my second ring gem...

eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/dalaran/Asp%C3%A9zen/advanced

Thank you for your help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspezen View Post
    Hi everyone,

Indeed, i have a great one but i need advice about AoC, i would like to take Thok's tail tip. What do you think about that?

I try to make things perfect so now, i don' know what to change anymore, i have too much hit may be should i change my second ring gem...

Thank you for your help.
    You're 1% over hit cap, at least I think its Hit, I can't read French that well. I don't think the Touch of Death glyph gets really any use at all in raiding, the time you'd be able to the boss with it gets lower as everyone else's gear gets higher so they are at or below your health much shorter periods.

For using AoC you're still going with 12.7k haste, which effectively makes AoC's CD reduction worthless bc you're not using FoF or EB as often with that much haste. Either switch it out or drop to around 10k haste. If you have a Heroic Thok's, even not WF, its better than H WF AoC. If its a normal Thok's its closer to even once you balance haste, but I still believe Thok's would be better since you're item level is 578.

Deleted
    @Feinyr and @Babylonius - Ty for the help, much appreciated. Both HC offpieces are mastery so I'll keep the tier and keep the other ones for BRM which I use quite frequently anyway!.
    About the mastery, I'm really confused on the value of mastery. I was under the impression it was the least favored stat and I believe you confirmed it with ur post. What confused me though was, I saw a couple of monks with greater progression than me with up to as much as 9k mastery, some even gemmed full secondary stats. Anywho, I guess they were just testing/playing around.

Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    @Feinyr and @Babylonius - Ty for the help, much appreciated. Both HC offpieces are mastery so I'll keep the tier and keep the other ones for BRM which I use quite frequently anyway!.
    About the mastery, I'm really confused on the value of mastery. I was under the impression it was the least favored stat and I believe you confirmed it with ur post. What confused me though was, I saw a couple of monks with greater progression than me with up to as much as 9k mastery, some even gemmed full secondary stats. Anywho, I guess they were just testing/playing around.

Thank you!
    Well just because their guilds are more progressed doesn't mean they know how to play their characters better than you.
    Mastery is the least desirable stat, that is correct, many of us, including myself have found it hard to get mastery that low. I reforge out of it and never gem for it, but the drops I've gotten keep me around 4500 mastery no matter what I've gotten. Not to mention TED gives you 1200-1400 Mastery even after you reforge out of it. In my opinion Mastery isn't awful, and having some isn't a bad thing, it just isn't as good as other stats.

Well just because their guilds are more progressed doesn't mean they know how to play their characters better than you.
    Mastery is the least desirable stat, that is correct, many of us, including myself have found it hard to get mastery that low. I reforge out of it and never gem for it, but the drops I've gotten keep me around 4500 mastery no matter what I've gotten. Not to mention TED gives you 1200-1400 Mastery even after you reforge out of it. In my opinion Mastery isn't awful, and having some isn't a bad thing, it just isn't as good as other stats.
    Right, in reality the difference between 4k crit and 4k mastery at such high crit levels is likely less than 2% of DPS. However, people have a much more draconian view of stat balance than is healthy because reforging/gemming exists. I personally only care about haste as a stat because having that at the wrong levels often leads to pressing the wrong buttons, but Crit and Mastery are both just DPS increases in two different forms that don't actually change anything you do, it just so happens that crit is mathematically superior.

Really come to think of it though, with TED and the cloak it's basically impossible to get under 2k mastery. Thok's gets ridiculously strong if you can actually have an entire gearset with no mastery though, that must be upwards of 63% crit fully buffed, wow.

On the topic of people with progression being automatic go-tos, progression adds a bit of credibility, but not much. Geodew is one of the better MW theorycrafters and he barely even does heroic bosses. Even within a single guild you'll see people that are 20-30% lower than the rest, so it's no surprise that someone can get by doing something that's theoretically only 95% effectiveness instead of 100%. Oftentimes there's very little way to even know if you're "doing it wrong" unless you actually participate in community conversations either on forums or other websites or blogs or something. The days of being able to be so bad that you can still do mechanics but your gear is set up so wrong that you only do 80% of DPS died with the old talent system. These days if you have half a brain you can do 90% effectiveness at least, knowing the mathematical answers behind the DPS equation only really gets you that last 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    One thing to keep in mind. If you are over hit cap, do not be affraid to use Agi/Stam gems if you want the set bonus. If you are using AMR, be sure to give some weight to Stamina if you do so (it defaults to zero).
    Why though? Stam gems give no DPS gain while going over the 7.5% hit cap as a dw user would still result in a gain due to the fact you still miss white hits until 27%, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Right, in reality the difference between 4k crit and 4k mastery at such high crit levels is likely less than 2% of DPS. However, people have a much more draconian view of stat balance than is healthy because reforging/gemming exists. I personally only care about haste as a stat because having that at the wrong levels often leads to pressing the wrong buttons, but Crit and Mastery are both just DPS increases in two different forms that don't actually change anything you do, it just so happens that crit is mathematically superior.

Really come to think of it though, with TED and the cloak it's basically impossible to get under 2k mastery. Thok's gets ridiculously strong if you can actually have an entire gearset with no mastery though, that must be upwards of 63% crit fully buffed, wow.

You will always have Mastery from the cloak and one of your rings as every ring EXCEPT Norushen's has Mastery on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspezen View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for your help.
    Break your blue ring socket bonus and put a delicate primordial ruby in there. If you do that you're only 179 over the hit cap. That's almost nothing. Don't worry about it that much. If you have OCD you can always gem stam in your chest piece instead of hit and you'd be close but going back to that: It's OK to be over the hit cap as a DW. You still gain DPS over using Stam gems.

I would definitely use Thok's Tail Tip if I was in your seat. You're currently doing H Paragons, meaning Fists of Fury is completely out of the question. You can't use it on CD on that fight due to the damage split, Siegecrafter might have you be using FoF on cd if you train boss the entire time, so it could be useful there, but for the most part- amp trinket is gonna win if it's Normal. If you have a Heroic Thok's Tail Tip, use that shit. That's awesome.
    Last edited by jazzyy; 2014-01-16 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    AoC also makes you slightly less mobile as you need to be attacking more to make up for the increased regen. You also need to be in place to channel FoF which you would need to do more often to optimize use of AoC.
    Sure, the mobility gets worse if you try to use every FoF CD effectively. But having FSK some seconds less on cooldown and 2 of your baseline defensive cooldowns reduced, gives you a lot more survivability at progress and maybe sometimes more DPS. You might increase your uptime on the boss if you use those bonuses correctly. I don't want to say that it is a "must have", but sometimes this mobility/survivability aspect comes to short in discussions.

Deleted
    Thanks for your help guys,
    Toucher is hit yes.

I try to keep it because when i changed my agi/hit to put agi/stam i lost around 7k on my simdps...

And speacking about my trinkets, i'll try to have Thok's tail, but it's difficult to make my guild admit that it could be usefull for me as there's no agi on it.

Actually i just have Aoc and Harromm, so, i'll wait till i have my thok's tail.
    May be next week as i'm not on Thok this week