Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look like the art team had some free time to make yet a other cash cow mount!

Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    Just seems like a waste of money to buy it- considering Bliz's plans for 6.0 and no flying for a patch. Just opinion by the way.
    Pretty much my thoughts as well. I have enough mounts for 5.4 and all things prior. Why get another one so early that I can't even use in WOD? However, if you want it, get it and enjoy. :-) Would never consider being rude to someone for making the purchase. It's still just a game folks.

The trailer's pretty well made more than I could say for the WoD trailer at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Look like the art team had some free time to make yet a other cash cow mount!

I have my own thoughts about this mount, but it isn't particularly difficult to see that this is not a mount model they created solely to sell. It's an Iron Horde mob, that they just so happened to rip from WoD to sell it on the shop before WoD.

People are funny. can't use it in WoD? yes, yes you can. It's going to be just like MoP, no flying in current content. You'll still be able to fly in all the rest of the world excluding WoD current content, literally nothing changes from how it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I just jumped to the last page without reading much of anything else.

I was hoping that there would have been some comment made about it not being available on US shop yet.

Either way, as soon as I saw this, whether it be from the CE, or some grind, (short of mythic raiding or PvP) I was going to get this mount. Since it is in the store, good. I find some mounts worth what ever it takes to obtain, and others not so much.

I use the repair mammoth and the mech-hog as well as the obsidian nightwing quite a lot as I dual box. So it was worth it to me to grind the gold to buy them ,or in the case of the nightwing, to RaF myself. Now I am thinking about the 2-seater rocket as a change of pace.

People bitch about the cash store, but I am not skilled or social enough to get some of the raid mounts, which I find far more desirable than some of the cash store mounts (looking at you, sparkle pony) for that matter the winger guardian and the armored bloodwing are the only ones I use.

But really, why do you care if I chose to spend my money on a store mount instead of beer or McDonald's or whatever? The reality is that WoW's sub fee and cash store keep artists employed and hiring more, so that raiders get more raids and PvP'ers get more battlegrounds.

In short STFU about what other people spend their money on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheerfulMatt View Post
    Define waste. I see people who go to McDonald's and order $5 or more meals/5 days a week as a waste of health imo. What about people who buy a 12 pack of beer a week, that's like $40+ to get wasted then to piss it all away in the morning.
    I'd prefer any of these 2 instead of this mount.

Might sound strange, but I don't find it "interesting". Maybe it's these afterburner things... Or the fact that there's currently no reason at all to see them in game until WoD (or maybe pre-WoD end of patch events)

Deleted
    I love this thread.

16 pages discussion about a store mount? This is awesome.

I spent $25 on digital property that I can choose to use or not use at my leisure. And I will enjoy this privilege until Snake Plissken enters *666* and wipes out all technology in the world. =D

Deleted
    Best Part about all the flames and complaints? People complain that you are paying for a digital product.... wait what are those 15$ a month for? Oh Pixel adventures? Wer is the difference?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    16 pages discussion about a store mount? This is awesome.
    What's even better it's exactly the same discussion that they have every single time Blizz adds something new to the shop. C'mon people, it's a business. Subs are dropping and they have to make money somehow.

The evolution of WOW...

Terenas in WOTLK: My son, the day you were born the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name... Arthas

Terenas in MOP: This is truly the mount of a conqueror (for $25)

LOL

i don't care about optional purchases existing. if anything it prevents box and sub prices from rising as much as they should have by now.

what i dislike about Blizzard's approach to mounts and pets is that it's impossible to collect them all. if you're going to put something into a game that's collectible, it should be possible to collect 100% of them even if your account is brand new.

of course, even if you spent money and bought all pets and mounts from the store it still wouldn't be possible. but that's something blizzard will probably never change.

my issue is the best mounts are purchased from the store now and not earnable in game.

Also what the hell is the keybind to open the store in game?

New mount? Why? Fix Silvermoon so I can fly over, that's why I'm paying D: ENHANCEMENT.
    -buying mount-

This time (for real [again...]) no more mounts for me.

I personally have 2 problems with this mount:

1. Added now, several months (if not more) before WoD release. When the very first piece of an expansion is a store mount and is released way prior to anything else, i find it very lame.
    2. A cinematic for a store mount, really? Good to know your priorities when it comes to spending resources.

Subs are dropping you want them to increase the sub cost per month or add vanity items to the store?

Quote Originally Posted by jayeffkay View Post
    The evolution of WOW...

Terenas in WOTLK: My son, the day you were born the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name... Arthas

Terenas in MOP: This is truly the mount of a conqueror (for $25)

LOL
    this actually made me sad...but yeah, I see what you're getting at

you know, blizzard could do something to make the 1 year wait till WoD a little more bearable...what do we get? yet another store mount! yay...

Deleted
    Why should I buy a flying mount when the flying will be banned by Blizzard in the new expansion for ever in the current content ?

You are right , no reason to buy it .

Bad bussines plan Blizz.