Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Why in-game store mounts are so expensive?

Why are those in-game store mounts so expensive? 20 euro for one? It costs more than vanilla + tbc + wotlk + cata and more than 1 month subscription. It's ridiculous.

Can't they cost like 5 euro each? I bet a lot more people would buy them for that price which means more money for Blizzard.

The prices on everything has always been stupid imo. With that said though, obviously enough people use the services and buy the stuff for Blizzard not to drop the prices ( except on rare occasions)

It's not stupid who asks for money, but the one who pays.

There clearly is enough people around who will willingly pay large sums of money to get mounts which should have been available ingame to begin with, so why not ask a ridicilous price for them?

Mod-note: Please, do not start on this discussion again. As well, keep the build up of future trolling to a minimum
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-01-16 at 09:55 PM.

It is there to make money. Blizzard is not a charity for little boys with only pocket money. And they are not expensive if you are working.

You could ask the same question for Realm Transfers, Faction Transfers, Guild Transfers, Appearance changes and so on.

The thing is, they have no reason to lower the price, the day the Fey Dragon came out? It was EVERYWHERE, so so so many people bought it, it makes them a ton, so why would they lower a price.

That said, I'd much prefer £10 or something, but think if you have a business, no need to lower the price of something that sells like hotcakes.

For each person complaining at store mounts, 10 people buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    It is there to make money. Blizzard is not a charity for little boys with only pocket money. And they are not expensive if you are working.
    I'm making 70 grand a year and I still think the price is crazy, but I've thought that about all of their services.

Like I said though, as long as enough people are willing to pay it, as a business why wouldn't you ask it?

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    They might not be expensive, but their value is still really, really bad. I can buy food for a week with that sum.

13/20 of current top sellers on Steam cost less than those damn mounts, and there's not even a sale going.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Because you aren't required to buy one.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Why is the price high? Because enough people are willing to pay that price.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The prices are high that we could enjoy from the good customer support and anti-cheat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It's not stupid who asks for money, but the one who pays.

There clearly is enough people around who will willingly pay large sums of money to get mounts which should have been available ingame to begin with, so why not ask a ridicilous price for them?
    I second this. If someone is going to buy them, better make the best profit out of it.
    That said, I don't even see how can someone spend that much for mounts.

Why is eating out so expensive? I mean, it costs 10 bucks to buy a salad at a half decent restaurant, and when I eat that salad I have nothing left to show for my 10 bucks!

And why is it so expensive to go to the movies. Hell, I go to an early show and it still costs me 20 bucks to watch a movie and enjoy a bucket of popcorn and a soda. And that is only for 2 hours of entertainment! That is absurd!

Deleted
    because stupid people will still buy them, I have to admit I was dumb enough to buy the fucking ugly bat, but I regret it a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    $20 isn't exactly high...or really very much money. It's a pittance. Now, if that mount was $50, say, then we'd have a right to be upset about it.

Don't see it as expensive for you. See it more as... profitable for them.

I find they an ok price tbh. Maybe for school kids and stuff it might be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    $20 isn't exactly high...or really very much money. It's a pittance. Now, if that mount was $50, say, then we'd have a right to be upset about it.
    We have the right to be upset about what-ever-the-fuck we want to be upset about.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    We have the right to be upset about what-ever-the-fuck we want to be upset about.
    No, not really.

Deleted
    I do agree the price is very high, I literally just got Metal gear Rising for the same price! A Full AAA game!

HOWEVER we must take a few things into account; 1) As said, people seem to be willing to pay the price, and so it shall remain until sales drop drastically. 2) I imagine quite a few man-hours went into making the mounts as compared to the pets, textures, rigging, animation, modelling, sounds, etc were all needed to be done by several people who need paying. 3) I seriously doubt sub fees alone cover development costs and maintaining such a massive MMO, I honestly don't blame Blizzard for trying new tactics to keep themselves as far in the green as they can, the more money they have to spare the more that can be used to fund other projects and the like. It wouldn't be a stretch to say some of the profit from mounts is put towards the new character models.

15+ Year Old Account
    Money grab, plain and simple.