Deleted

[Prot] What wrong with my threat?

It seems like i never get aggro on adds, and its always the other tank. At garrosh i usually tank adds, but in the end, the other tank seems to get both my adds and the boss. Not sure if i do anything wrong?
    eu . battle . net/ wow/en /character/ragnaros/L%C3%A9onar/simple

I have been thinking about that enchant on glvoes that gives +2 threat? ^^

Deleted
    Hello.

I'm not the smartest on Tanks, and i don't know what else tank that takes Garrosh is. But i know from experience that the Garrosh Tank get's a good decent amount of Vengeance. Which mean's when you come with the adds, he will run you over in TPS.

One thing you COULD do is, when you engage Garrosh, YOU start with the Boss, a little before the adds spawn you switch, that should make your life much easier!

Hopeit helps!

/Raphaél Ravencrest Alliance.

Garrosh hits like a Train and if your Other tank is using any AOEs then he is going to pull off you. When I tanks adds on Garrosh I just "help" the other tank gather adds. The only Add I make sure to tank is the Rider. As a paladin you can Use SS or EF on the Other tank once he gets aggro. You can also use Divine Protection and Hand of Sacrifice him.
    "Warriors make you sap, Paladins let you sap."

Deleted
    There really isn't much you can do about it. Pala Tank probably has the worst AE threat currently and with little to no vengeance you won't keep the adds. Its damage wise much better to solo adds and boss in P1 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    There really isn't much you can do about it. Pala Tank probably has the worst AE threat currently and with little to no vengeance you won't keep the adds. Its damage wise much better to solo adds and boss in P1 anyway.
    There is, as was said: He takes the boss at the pull, DK taunts the boss off him when adds spawn. Now he has tons of vengeance and the adds should stick to him.

I have all but warrior tank. Other than fight specifics which ppl already mentioned above, feels like under same circumstances, pally generally does less dps and pull less threat, and when you have no threat, you got no vengeance, and makes it even harder to pull aggro. Only exception is probably when I pop AW+HA+trinket and survive shit ton of damage which is usually deadly to other tanks and pull shit ton of dps as well as a super eternal flame.

I do think they should give bonus threat to Avenger's Shield, like monk's keg smash.I just tanked with a monk yesterday. I noticed that it happened many times that we did same amount of damage when I looked at meter, but he got aggro, thanks to keg smash.

Edit: Beside Garrosh fight specifics which ppl already mentioned, there is another thing you can start trying if you are worried about your threat. Try to switch your seal more often under different circumstances. When surviving isn't a problem or you are not currently tanking, you can use 2 dps seals to pull more damage.
    Last edited by jasonleekungfu; 2014-01-16 at 10:26 PM.

Deleted
    I do think they should give bonus threat to Avenger's Shield, like monk's keg smash.
    I feel like the biggest problem is Hammer of the Righteous. It hits like a wet noodle AND has a cooldown. Warrior Thunder Clap, Druid Thrash have cooldowns too but they apply a dot. Either buff Hammer of the Righteous. Or remove it's positional requirements(which is completely retarded). Or make it spread Censure or something(even though we use Seal of Insight for tanking).

Yeah Hammer of the Righteous needs like a 200% damage increase for prot. It's almost never worth using over CS which already deals next to no damage.
    Then you get Avenger's Shield which overall deals plenty of damage, but only hits 3 targets and Consecration while being okay is not nearly enough to keep up with the aoe from other tanks.

And well for Garrosh - I'm just going to repeat it for the hundredth time all you need to do is tank swap for each add spawn since 50k vengeance from adds just can't keep up with 200k+ from Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Yeah Hammer of the Righteous needs like a 200% damage increase for prot. It's almost never worth using over CS which already deals next to no damage.
    Yep, HotR's AOE needs a buff and perhaps its singletarget-only component removed so it doesn't replace CS completely (or buff CS so it remains the best for 1 target).
    Sadly that's not gonna happen in this expansion at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    Yep, HotR's AOE needs a buff and perhaps its singletarget-only component removed so it doesn't replace CS completely (or buff CS so it remains the best for 1 target).
    Sadly that's not gonna happen in this expansion at least.
    Could just make it so HotR does physical damage to primary target and then the increased holy damage to subsequent targets. This way CS > HotR in single target for sure. Maybe even buff CS too for the sake of it, I feel like I can't do shit when I switch from my Monk to Pala in alt raids threat-wise.