Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Highest Damage in PvP?

Hello everyone!

For patch 5.4, what do you all believe is the class that is the most dangerous if left to freely do damage in a pvp setting. Example of what I am trying to find out of others opinions are, if I remember correctly back in Cata 4.2, it was generally known to NEVER, let an arcane mage sit back and free cast. That meant a sure quick death, or huge pressure on a healer to keep the person alive.

Fast forward to today, what do you guys think would be the class that you shouldn't let freely deal damage, be it melee or caster. I main a shadow priest, and if I am let to sit back and freely cast upon a whole team in a bg or arena (granted it never happens) BUT IF it were to happen I think shadow is pretty scary. But I believe there are others out there that would be even more scary, ie. Destro Lock, in a pure damage sense.

Let me know your thoughts!

TLDR: class that does most damage if no kited or cc'd in arena or battlegrounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uralya View Post
    Hello everyone!

For patch 5.4, what do you all believe is the class that is the most dangerous if left to freely do damage in a pvp setting. Example of what I am trying to find out of others opinions are, if I remember correctly back in Cata 4.2, it was generally known to NEVER, let an arcane mage sit back and free cast. That meant a sure quick death, or huge pressure on a healer to keep the person alive.

Fast forward to today, what do you guys think would be the class that you shouldn't let freely deal damage, be it melee or caster. I main a shadow priest, and if I am let to sit back and freely cast upon a whole team in a bg or arena (granted it never happens) BUT IF it were to happen I think shadow is pretty scary. But I believe there are others out there that would be even more scary, ie. Destro Lock, in a pure damage sense.

TLDR: class that does most damage if no kited or cc'd in arena or battlegrounds.
    In my mind it would be either Lock or Shaman oh dear lord the burst if left alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    arms warriors are pretty nasty in PvP. I would say another is Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    for proc lucky classes Rets and Ele's can be insane. Otherwise Warrior, Destro locks, Ferals and Enh shamans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uralya View Post
    Hello everyone!

Rogues can eat you quick if they have the crit rng gods on their side... probably faster than any class imo.

Elemental shaman

Elemental or Boomkin with good RNG will kill you in 2-3 GCD's, but those are star aligned moments.

Things are so bursty right now its kind of hard to say. some classes can do amazing things if left alone Spriests, Aff locks, even Boomkins. But others can drop you in a few seconds with a proc and a couple CD's.

As a boomkin I would say Melee seems like blizzard is compensating them because of their positional requirement but they are able to achieve it with ease.

Depends strongly on game lenght, very short game > enh shaman. Not very short game > aff lock (even if cced).

Most dangerous to freecast is a ele shaman imo, a freecasting one can 100-0 a whole 3s team in 10 seconds.
    Last edited by Crruor; 2014-01-17 at 12:05 AM.

Deleted
    Destro lock for sure. That thug something guy has loads of clips of killing 2 people in the same time in an ARENA, at +2k mmr. You have no idea how fun destro is in pvp until you see the hits you can do. In a bg, it's even more crazy: you can effectively solo a FC even with healers around him.

Destro locks and warriors. Both put out insane pressure.

I wonder i dont see UH DK anywhere?

The thread is called highest dmg pvp. When a game ends and an UH DK was there he is always first

Deleted
    Read the entire post jesus... He says HIGHEST DAMAGE WHEN LEFT ALONE!!!!
    1. ele shaman
    2. arcane mage
    3. destro lock

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    I wonder i dont see UH DK anywhere?

The thread is called highest dmg pvp. When a game ends and an UH DK was there he is always first
    He just spreads dots over the entire team. But he isn't really highest damage.

It really depends on the time frame. First you ask what does the most burst but then your TLDR says which does the most damage if left alone for an entire BG/Arena.

In terms of raw burst, Destro Locks, Ele Shamans (if rng gods) and Boomkins (if rng gods) can all do pretty hefty burst. Arcane Mage and Combat Rogue can both do pretty nice burst but it's kinda a 1 trick pony.

In terms of huge amounts of damage over a BG or Arena; Warriors, DKs, Boomkins and Affliction Locks are the main ones. The spread damage they can achieve if left alone is pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Read the entire post jesus... He says HIGHEST DAMAGE WHEN LEFT ALONE!!!!

Nope he doesnt (well he does, but he asks for the highest damage, not the highest burst). And while a freecasting destro lock can be very scary for overall damage a ua lock will still easily out damage it, as will probably a warrior/boomkin/shadow priest/dk/... .

Deleted
    I don't know why everyone here insists on calling them 'boom'kin. Do you call hunters huntards everytime too?

OT: Moonkins/balance druids, Destro locks, Ele, Arcane and warrs.

I would go as far as to say that UH DK trumps any other class by a good 20% in terms of damage done if left alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you leave a ret alone they can be pretty nasty, but other classes can do that too aswell as bring better utility, i would say enh shammy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Burst wise? Enhancement Shaman. They can hit so hard with all there cds up.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Chaosbolt.

I mean destruction warlocks.