Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Bring on the BETA. I also kinda want the ability to get more than one boost to 90 without having to buy multiple expansions and transfer the character from one account to another.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Adema1080 View Post
    /shrug. Even if I did decide to level up another character again buying 90's still does not effect me. I don't do dungeons while leveling (zero reason to) and maybe do the occasional BG. Leveling is a pure solo experience ever since Group Quests got deleted
    That's actually slower than doing a combination of quests and dungeons, more so if you have/use heirlooms since it's already easy to out-level questing areas. Not to mention the added benefit of dungeon blues for slots that heirlooms don't provide.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    It still doesn't affect me or the group of friends I play with, since none of us buy stuff from the bnet store. We have a raid group, and a pvp group, so I'm fine with it.
    What about those without one? It's not an overexagaration to say that majority of WoW players are those who play outside of fixed groups, otherwise LFx systems would not come to be and get so popular. After all, most players dont have time to commit to the game right?

  4. #84
    12 90's, 1 at 85, and another one at 80. Yes, I want free boosts to 90, despite not needing em D:

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This is a pretty massive, complete over-exaggeration.
    Leveling 1-90 is not in any way 80%, or even close to a large part of the game's total content.
    You know... WoW Classic, TBC, WotLK, Cata and MoP had more in them than just leveling experience.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_b View Post
    This is going to cause queue times on all content under lvl 90 to be increased many times over. The boost is not going to be "optional" for long, if at all.
    If the queue times are actually going to be affected that much, that means those people didn't want to be doing those dungeons in the first place. Besides, queuing for dungeons is not the only way to level, questing is not that much slower, so it will remain an optional feature.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_b View Post
    That's actually slower than doing a combination of quests and dungeons, more so if you have/use heirlooms since it's already easy to out-level questing areas. Not to mention the added benefit of dungeon blues for slots that heirlooms don't provide.
    It may be faster, but not by much. I have all the heirlooms (including the ring) and can reach 90 in around /3 days played. Honestly I would rather not deal with the people that LFD puts you with, I've had tons of asshats in the past.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    You know... WoW Classic, TBC, WotLK, Cata and MoP had more in them than just leveling experience.
    And unless it's current content, then the only portion of it that gets seen is the leveling portion. Until you get to max level and go back for transmog/mounts/pets/etc
    Last edited by Adema1080; 2014-01-17 at 04:29 AM.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Continuity View Post
    You know who won't queue tank for leveling LFD? Me, because leveling again for the nth time is not fun for me. So now that I can skip that, does that mean you have one less tank? No. I was never going to do it in the first place.
    You would if you had no other choice. The fact that you would not enjoy is not an issue. MMOs arent just about you, you know.
    Honestly now, what truly new virgin player is going to get into a game just to skip parts of it? Is that how you play games? I don't know about you, but when I get into a new game, I try to savor it, and while I can't speak for anyone else... I would like to believe that most truly new players wouldn't boost to 90 as their first experience. But you know what? That possibility shouldn't prevent many of us from skipping it.
    The very possibility of a new virgion player skipping content is much more damaging to everyone who interacts with them compared to "suffering" of doing what you normally do in MMOs.
    As for the mentality that this will drastically reduce player skill at level 100, I just don't see it. Leveling content is too trivial to learn how to play a class in max level content.
    It used to be non-trivial. Players were forced to either up their peformance, learn some new quirks about their class or work with others. That's kinda what MMO and RPGs are about.

  9. #89
    How can you say that a free level 90 is p2w thing when everybody starts the new expansion at 90 through 100. I personally hate to level and find it really boring killing 10 boars,getting some silk etc for 90 levels again on a content i already did once not counting those who have 10 alts or so.I started multiple characters and only my main is 90.This game is 9 years old any many new players(including IRL friends) do not want to start playing it just because they have so much to catch on. Considering many of the players have jobs/school i doubt they want to level a new character after an 8 hour shift+some arenas or raiding. If you played this game for a while you most likely know most skills of every class and learning a new rotation for that class wouldn't be that hard and if a new player has the instant boost to level 90 no one is forcing you to play with him if you do not want to. This will also be good for a lot of transfer issues. You want to start with your friends on a new realm but you don't want to level again? Here you go a free level 90 and go experience the new content not the old one you did once or several times. They are not selling gear/ gold or a free spot to realm/world first. I personally like this and look forward for the new expansion.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    You know... WoW Classic, TBC, WotLK, Cata and MoP had more in them than just leveling experience.
    Yeah which are just as irrelevant now as they will be with a free 90.

    Did you level lock yourself to 70 and do all the old raids and heroics?

    You can always go back and see that stuff at 90 anyway. Which is how the vast majority of people sees that content these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Continuity View Post
    If the queue times are actually going to be affected that much, that means those people didn't want to be doing those dungeons in the first place. Besides, queuing for dungeons is not the only way to level, questing is not that much slower, so it will remain an optional feature.
    That makes absolutely no sense. If they were queue-ing for a dungeon, they want to do the dungeon, or they wouldn't queue at all. Questing is very much slower than dungeons and quests combined. As I mentioned further up the thread, it's much easier to out-level a questing hub/area than it is to out-level a dungeon. And as I also mentioned, there's the added benefit of gear not covered by heirlooms, assuming the player even had or used them (or had access to them).

    All of this is still going to increase queue times, especially if the boost "option" is popular. And I'll say it again, this "option" isn't much of an option if it hinders the ability of other players that choose not to fork over extra money to buy an additional boosted character.

  12. #92
    Screw buying a 90, I want more character slots. I already have all available slots on my realm maxed out with 90s and a minimum ilvl at 509. What are you going to do to appeal to me this expansion Blizzard? I already have to maintain a 2nd account to house my other 90s on the server. Maybe allowing me to unlock the slots for 1-39 more slots would be worth me buying? Sort of like bank slots, they get more expensive at you buy more?

  13. #93
    For anyone who has power-levelled an alt or RAF to 90, you blitz through the content so quickly that it may as well not be there.
    With heirlooms, RAF, effectively free epic/flying mounts, you can get through the 25 levels of TBC/WOTLK/CATA in only a 3 zones and probably as many hours. XP comes so quick and easy that people a) aren't really missing anything, b) aren't really 'learning their class' anyway, and c) aren't actually saving that much time by buying a lv90 toon anyway.

    There is a lot of WOW out there for people who want to explore. But for (dare I say) most people, playing the current end-game content is the goal. If it takes them 3 months to get there to play with friends, people won't bother. It's that simple.

    MAYBE a good idea would be, if blizz gets the technology working, to allow people to scale down to appropriate levels for not just dungeons but quests as well. That could be pretty cool.

  14. #94
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_b View Post
    This is going to cause queue times on all content under lvl 90 to be increased many times over. The boost is not going to be "optional" for long, if at all.
    Possibly true. It would be handy for them to announce sometime soon that dungeon scaling is in. That would solve that if it's going to work the way I think it will: players scaling down.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  15. #95
    I fail to see how other people skipping old / redundant content should effect anyone else's happiness / fun with WoW.

    Assuming LFD will get ruined by it is a stretch. LFD uses cross realm pools to draw from. Assume the pool drops by ??%, as people use the Boost option, there is ZERO reason to believe that the balance between tank / heals / dps will be effected by this. So unless all the tanks take the option, you are unlikely to even notice.

    I have currently the full 11 @ 90 for Alliance, 7 @ 90 for Horde (+3 @ 85-86 and 1 @ 73)... Does this bother me? Hella No. Does this cheapen the last 8-9 years I have played WoW... Hella No! Will I use it? Hella No...

    Play the game how you want and let others play how they want.

    Levels 90-100 will teach them how to play their class. Its likely to take a similar amount of time as 85-90 did at MoP launch (~1 day) and with 1-85 taking at most 2 days they wont learn anything doing that content that they cant learn in WoD. And if they don't learn it in WoD, they were not going to learn it anyway.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    You would if you had no other choice. The fact that you would not enjoy is not an issue. MMOs arent just about you, you know.


    The very possibility of a new virgion player skipping content is much more damaging to everyone who interacts with them compared to "suffering" of doing what you normally do in MMOs.


    It used to be non-trivial. Players were forced to either up their peformance, learn some new quirks about their class or work with others. That's kinda what MMO and RPGs are about.
    I disagree with you.

    There's always another choice. My choice has been "don't level another character, do other things instead", hence why I said you didn't lack a tank because of me now being able to skip to 90. If you're lacking more tanks in the future because they skipped, it's because they would rather skip than tank the dungeon, and that's their choice. Making it better for you makes it worse for them, see how that works?

    I also strongly disagree with the notion that the 90-100 player in raids will perform any worse than a person just starting in Warlords going through 1-100, because what you learn from 1-90 is not relevant enough in raiding. Leveling mobs are too trivial to learn anything but incorrect techniques. Nobody does their fully executed boss fight raiding rotation on the leveling trash, so what are they not learning that will make them terrible by comparison to what we have now?

  17. #97
    I am Murloc! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    5,728
    1. They should restrict so that you need at least 1 max level toon the normal way before purchasing boosts.

    2. Nevermind the whinging about this idea, WHAT ABOUT THE BETA NOTION??? Omfg I can't believe we're already seeing stuff happeeeennniiiiing!!!

  18. #98
    Well, some of us were holding out hope for future additions like a hardcore leveling mode or even the option for free level jumps to new content.

    Not happening now. This would give them every incentive to make leveling a pain in the ass bore-fest.

  19. #99
    Can't wait to pre-order that Collector's Edition! I'm psyched for beta to be kinda soonish too.

  20. #100
    Glad Blizzard has come around to my viewpoint of selling characters at the last expansions max level. No reason to make people spend weeks grinding out levels just so they can enjoy a character.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •