Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Paying for a race with its own racials could be disastrous.
    Absolutely. Blizzard would be shooting themselves in the foot IMO. People will wonder what they're paying a subscription for

10+ Year Old Account
    Races sell expansions to well so they would hold onto them for an expansion.
    Aye mate

Not going to happen.

Deleted
    I don't think they would do it mid-expansion. Why not just include them right from the start? That way they wouldn't miss out on making them one of the selling points of the expansion. Why advertise "no new races" if you're gonna bring new races?

No, not as a micro transaction....please!

It should at the least be a patch feature like Transmog and Flex, Transmog and flex are quite the game changers compared to a new race. So why not?

I've thought about this idea too, it would be a good idea to include them as a patch feature, it would be quite different and surprising to be honest. People won't really care if it's mid expansion. People roll alts all the time as well so it's not a big deal. People also payed to race change their main to a Worgen, Goblin and Pandaren when Cata and Mists came out so why would they not here?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We really don't need more races at the moment, and adding more in the middle of an expansion where they're working on refining the current character models is silly. WoD is mainly about improving the current system, not adding more clutter. I'm all for adding Ogres and Arakkoa in a future expansion when we reutnr to Outland or discover a new planet.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    We really don't need more races at the moment, and adding more in the middle of an expansion where they're working on refining the current character models is silly. WoD is mainly about improving the current system, not adding more clutter. I'm all for adding Ogres and Arakkoa in a future expansion when we reutnr to Outland or discover a new planet.
    I don't like it when people say we don't need more races. We never needed more. We didn't need Blood Elves, Draenei, Worgen, Goblins or Pandaren. We wanted them cause they're cool. I do feel however that the game can concentrate on existing races more when there are no new races being added, though we'll see how well that'll work out.

You're saying you're all for adding Ogres and Arakkoa in the future. But why would we "need" them more in a future expansion than we do now?

IF it would happen, it would a really unexpected thing!
    That is the sole reason it would be epic.

I personally don't believe Blizzard would do it, but IF they do it, it would be epic.
    A hero class and a new race, after we unlock something on Draenor. Awesome idea.

I'm betting not.
    ( ; , , ; )

Deleted
    I would rather say that it is possible that we get to play them for the expansion after WoD. That they introduce them this expansion with new models and then we get to play them for the next. This would also help with the fact that blizzard want a new expansion every year and making the model now, and then making them playable in 7.0 would spare them some time to also give us "new" content.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I don't like it when people say we don't need more races. We never needed more. We didn't need Blood Elves, Draenei, Worgen, Goblins or Pandaren. We wanted them cause they're cool. I do feel however that the game can concentrate on existing races more when there are no new races being added, though we'll see how well that'll work out.

You're saying you're all for adding Ogres and Arakkoa in the future. But why would we "need" them more in a future expansion than we do now?
    I'm saying that there's no point rushing to get a race every expansion. Blizzard is busy refining the current races, and I don't understand why people seem to still want them so badly in WoD.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

This will never happen, its even more unrealistic if you think about that they want to release an expansion every year.
    Personally I think we have enough races to choose from already. I would more like to see more visual choice on the existing races.
    Look at how many people play Pandaren, like.. 6%
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2014-01-18 at 01:23 PM.

Theres some races I'd love to be playable, but that's me personally.

As far as the game goes overall, I think we have a pretty decent selection and don't need another race during WoD.

I'd be very surprised if we don't get one next xpac though.

Patch races...hmm, it's new....but I honestly can't see it.

Here's another thing to consider, how do you shoe-horn them into the 1-60+ leveling experience? Look at the options from Blizzards point of view:

"We can just retcon them into old zones, have it be the Arrakoa came back with our forces from outland at the end of TBC?"
    "Players fuckin' hate retcons, they'll call us lazy and they'd be right."

"We can have them just start at level 80 or 90, in their own starting zones in Draenor."
    "And create a massive leveling imbalance? Not to mention people rolling them then race changing them at 100 to skip content, since a race change costs less than the 90 boost [speculative]"

"Well then all we're left with is to have them going back and doing old content from level 1 all out of chronological order like we did with the Pandaren."
    "And that just went over so well didn't it?"

"I give up."

The Arrakoa also used to be an actual flying race, and lost said ability when they were warped by the cataclysm on Draenor. IN WOD we're going to be seeing them in their original form. I'm sorry but they just don't really fit as a playable. Kinda like Naga, keep dreaming.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Deleted
    No more playable races please.

I don't even have one single panda.. Their updated model and animations are cool, but I can't barely imagine having a class of their race. Plus, their racial is only useful when you eat, which will be mainly in raids :c wasted outside of raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're higher then a kite my friend....

Like seriously "Pushing hard micro transactions" No they aren't, mounts, pets, possible 90 (doubt its going to make it to EU-US realms)
    They wouldn't make you "buy" a race mid-expansion! People rage just about the fact that they put the shop in game...like legit, if they did this, it will cause a mass exodus that Warlords isn't going to deserve.

Stop "thinking" for a few weeks and wait for the flood of information that is about to be plastered all over MMO-Champion

- - - Updated - - -

Stop asking for a new fucking race BTW....seriously! Why the hell do you want a new race? I just don't understand it!

HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW MODELS? I MEAN HAVE YOU LOOKED IN GAME, THEN LOOKED AT THE NEW MODELS?!!!! THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL...LIKE SERIOUSLY, THEY ARE BETTER THEN A NEW RACE
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

From the way Chris Robinson talks, it seems like we might have a possibility for pathes introducting expanded customization, possible multiple patches, like haircuts, decorative ornaments and jewelry, tattoos, ethnic racial subsets from lore, etc.

I would not be surprised to see them release all the player models ready to go with the release of WOD including the TBC races, then we'll get further options in several patches across WOD's lifetime for things like he's been talking about based on player feedback and classic iconography from the concept art people have been wanting in game for years. In that sense, it could be an over riding theme throughout the expansion, the expansion that brought us choices between upright and slouched orc backs, new graphical systems in place for an entirely new armor system giving mass and volume to everything instead of just being body skins with added models for shoulders, boots, belts, and gloves.

But a new race? Nope. Not seeing that.

It's too major to use for that, it's a Christmas morning present, its way too much of the "AWESOME NEW EXPANSION" vibe a new expansion brings with it.

But expanded customization is on par with transmogging, and I also think we'll see new transmog systems expanded in patches in WOD along with added Garrison features.

- - - Updated - - -

Really the only iconic Warcraft race we are lacking that brings the World of Warcraft RTS games to life now is Ogres.
    Everything else is just gravy.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post

It's too major to use for that, it's a Christmas morning present, its way too much of the "AWESOME NEW EXPANSION" vibe a new expansion brings with it.
    This is exactly why separating it from the actual expansion would be beneficial. If they already budgeted their development time for an extra race, delaying the race until subs started to decline would give them a second bump, one they seem to need.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I've been pulling for Ogres and Arakkoa since May of last year. I was REALLY disappointed with the WoD announcement that we will be revisiting this cultures, but they will remain unplayable. However, I found it curious the ogres received ANOTHER model update, and I'm going to assume we will see an updated model for the Arakkoa.

I'm calling it right now we will see an unprecedented mid-expansion release of new playable races. In Cataclysm, we saw the Worgen and Goblin cultures if you started from level 1, but immediately parted ways after you left the starting area. There were a lot of hubs around the updated vanilla continents that included new goblin and worgen cities and featured their specific prop kits and architecture, but for players who continued on from their max level characters, all Goblins and Worgen were to them were new race change options.

Through the max level leveling process I'm guessed we'll be thoroughly introduced to both of these cultures. We'll probably even help them kill some boars. With Blizzard seeming to want to push hard on micro transactions, I think there's a possibility we will see these races become playable in a non-raid tier like 6.1 or 6.3 for $25 a pop.

Am I high or what?
    woooowww ... its a long time ago i read something stupid like this

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    This is exactly why separating it from the actual expansion would be beneficial. If they already budgeted their development time for an extra race, delaying the race until subs started to decline would give them a second bump, one they seem to need.
    This is sort of what I was getting at. Maybe they feel $40 for the new levels and zones would be better separated from other features they can make 'buyable'. Like races where only 5-10% will make use of them anyway, but will give them a revenue bump. Races outside of racial bonuses (which are getting streamlined in WoD) are essentially a cosmetic upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deusfox View Post
    I think the amount of work introducing a new race would take (the modelling, the armor work needed to fit, the starting zone etc) that they would want to have it as a selling point for a new expansion, rather then a patch. Especially if there are planning on releasing expansions more often. They would want to make a bigger deal out of it.
    Agree that it's a big thing resource wise, but since races are 'essentially' cosmetic, couldn't it fall into the buyable helm/mount category and fit on the cash shop nicely?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Here's another thing to consider, how do you shoe-horn them into the 1-60+ leveling experience? Look at the options from Blizzards point of view:

"We can just retcon them into old zones, have it be the Arrakoa came back with our forces from outland at the end of TBC?"
    "Players fuckin' hate retcons, they'll call us lazy and they'd be right."

"We can have them just start at level 80 or 90, in their own starting zones in Draenor."
    "And create a massive leveling imbalance? Not to mention people rolling them then race changing them at 100 to skip content, since a race change costs less than the 90 boost [speculative]"

"Well then all we're left with is to have them going back and doing old content from level 1 all out of chronological order like we did with the Pandaren."
    "And that just went over so well didn't it?"

"I give up."

The Arrakoa also used to be an actual flying race, and lost said ability when they were warped by the cataclysm on Draenor. IN WOD we're going to be seeing them in their original form. I'm sorry but they just don't really fit as a playable. Kinda like Naga, keep dreaming.
    Well lets be honest here, they have several very viable options. Lore wise, it won't matter. You can now start a level 1 monk at any of the old race hubs. You are essentially playing through the past before we discovered Pandaria, with a skill set (monk) we shouldn't have yet.

Option 1 - WoD they will have a few ambassadors from the Arakkoa or Ogre races from regular Outland want to join us maybe to experience their ancient culture, so they move to our bases in the old world. When you make a character of the new race it starts you with a race-specific cinematic where it explains to you you've allied with horde (ogre) or alliance (arakkoa) and then maybe you can even select a starting city of your choice from the old, pre-cata races.

Option 2 - Sort of like the death knight experience, you unlock the race for $X and start in a heroic mode where you are actually questing in a new Draenor zone starting at level 90, where the race change would be comparable in price to the level 90 boost (Which I'm assuming will be in the $40 range). I think a race unlock could be $40-$50 in this scenario.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2014-01-19 at 04:37 PM.