Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Alright Oprah, let's chill out on the "WHOA NELLY". 2 were released in this patch through the cash shop, 4+ were added in-game. 3-4 have also been added in all the other major patches too that were in-game only.

    I know, math is hard and it's easy to just cry wolf to make things seem worse than they are.
    3-4 every major patch you say? I guess math is hard as i don't see dozens of mounts in the store. Guess mine is broken. I do see 4 they have added this expansion so far and i will admit to being a bit unsure about the rest but no more than 2 per other expansion?
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

  2. #522
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    3-4 every major patch you say? I guess math is hard as i don't see dozens of mounts in the store. Guess mine is broken. I do see 4 they have added this expansion so far and i will admit to being a bit unsure about the rest but no more than 2 per other expansion?
    I said 2 in cash shop, 4+ in-game (only obtainable in-game).

  3. #523
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I said 2 in cash shop, 4+ in-game (only obtainable in-game).
    My inability to read properly aside they have already added double the mounts in the cash shop. That was my initial point.
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

  4. #524
    The Lightbringer Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capua
    Posts
    3,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No they're not. Don't make things up.
    I don't know if you've been paying attention, but yes they are.

  5. #525
    To be perfectly honest if you had a choice of playing from level 1-90, enduring the Cataclysm Lore that made the Alliance look like wimps, getting ganked in every leveling zone in Wow by bored level 90's abusing the AH, waiting 30 mins for a dungeon que only to find out the Tank does not no what they are doing or leaves from constant abuse mid fight, Then after all that grief find out that there is about a million dailies at level 90 you must complete, and you have to do ALL those dungeons over again on Heroic before you can be carried by your friends as well as wait 45 minutes for 3 bags of Gold after 5 wipes in an LFR raid, OR

    simply pay 25$ and skip the leveling/ganking process what would you do?

    Yeah I thought so.

  6. #526
    I thought this was just another free 90 with purchase thread then I read the part where they will be selling extra 90s...and people in the thread are still defending them. You really dont think this is a little too much...just a wee bit? Just cant admit it, can you?

    I just cant wait until Blizz crosses the line full blown and starts selling gear and other things just to read how people will defend them then.

  7. #527
    Someone please explain me why the hell it matters?

    Why do you care about someone not having to level a character?

    It's like people who complain that gear is to easy to get.

    Also, using a fallacy to support your arguments is quite idiotic... and no, blizzard will not start selling gear.
    Last edited by Glasse; 2014-01-18 at 02:21 AM.

  8. #528
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,834
    as far as i know (and i know very little) the lvl-90 shortcut is one of the "bigger" demands that the community has right now. i believe that there are a lot of discussions, between blizzard and wow-players, that say how boring and mindnumbing it has become to level a character to 90 and that it has become too big of a barrier for people who want to try different classes in endgame-content.

    so.. they are listening to the community and now the other part of the community (the one that gets their news from the mad magazine or something :> ) is now acting like blizzard is commiting some kind of unholy act.
    in the end, they are still not selling power for real life money, and thus they are still keeping their promise.

    at least now people can choose between shady china-farmers and legit blizzard, if they are looking for a shortcut to lvl 90.

    of course i am being too rational here so... LUIGI!!!

  9. #529
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    I thought this was just another free 90 with purchase thread then I read the part where they will be selling extra 90s...and people in the thread are still defending them. You really dont think this is a little too much...just a wee bit? Just cant admit it, can you?

    I just cant wait until Blizz crosses the line full blown and starts selling gear and other things just to read how people will defend them then.
    I'm not defending a feature that costs real money that could just as easily be provided by costing in-game gold. However the cost is most likely going to be trivial and for people that are willing to pay real money for it more power to them as it will not impact my experience in the game. But it is quite a stretch to go from boosted 90 that will either be when WoD launches or at the tail-end of MoP when content is nerfed to oblivion anyway to selling current content gear for real money. If, and this is unlikely in my opinion, Blizzard chooses to make gear available for real money I'll do the only thing I can do and that's to vote with my wallet by not paying for this game anymore and instead opting towards alternative means of entertainment.

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    All those years we made fun of the people saying. "If they sell server transfers whats stoping them from selling gear or max lvl characters? We thought such connection would never happen, since blizzard knows better.

    Then they removed the faction limit and sold faction changes.....ok not that big of a deal, a little bit of worry spread the forums, but most people learned to accept it.

    Now they are officially selling lvl 90 characters, even offering you a lvl 90 while the lvl 90 expansion is still out. This is officially, for me and my personal comfort level, too far. Wow has changes and so design physiology changes with it. It will continent you do so, iv spent much time in wow thinking that they made some mistakes and they will simply get back on track with the epic gameplay choices they made in the past.

    But I realize now, that im simply an outdated customer, and that few of these things are mistakes. They are simply shifts to a new style of game, one that does not catch my fancy. Im more of an oldschool RPG fan, wow back in TBC hit my personal favorite balance on the genre. Wow is still a good game to some, but its not the same game. Do I feel its fair? Not really. I wish they would open up oldschool servers to support the fans of wow past. But there are always other ways to do that.

    Blizzard seems under the impression that "less people are playing mmos in general" but I dont think that is a result of the consumer, as much as it is a result of the lack of a true mmo products. (This one could be opinion, but for me this is true, I still love mmos, I just dont know of any REAL mmos these days)
    I'd have to say the reason that fewer people are playing MMOs according to statistics because WoW was THE MMO for the longest time. The lower numbers are due to the fact that a new super-MMO hasn't introduced itself yet, although I'm kind of hoping that ESO will be it. WoW is far from dead, but no one can deny that it's dying (i.e. losing subscribers at a steady rate). I think most people, like myself, just want something new. Anything, no matter how awesome, can become old, especially when it starts pandering to demographics that it never did before. I'm still sticking around because I love MMOs so much, but there are no other ones that I want to play.

  11. #531
    Yeah I couldn't read past the first page. I knew right away the OP would get made fun of and attacked hardcore because he dare criticizes the mighty Blizzard overlords. It's like someone said already, MMO-C don't take kindly to that kind of thinking. Not round these parts, tell ya whut.

    This doesn't surprise me. They did so many things they said they'd never do. When paid transfers came in they said they'd never let people transfer from PVE to PVP which didn't last long before they did. They always said they'd never us make both factions on the same server, just as they said they wouldn't ever give out faction changes. We got all these things. I also remember when they said the Blizzard Store would be for mounts only. Then we got pets, then we got transmog gear, then Asia got buyable potions to increase experience gained, and now we're getting to buy level 90s. So yeah get prepared for the day you can buy 'catch up' gear or something similar. Sadly the community just laps it all up and accepts it.

    Also take a look at the last few mounts they put on the Blizzard store and think of what they've put in game recently that didn't cost money. There's a pretty gigantic difference in quality. The bat addition was such an insult to many people too who had been begging Blizzard to put a bat mount in game for years. Then they do it and say it's for $$ only. Bleh
    Last edited by Vormav; 2014-01-18 at 03:13 AM.

  12. #532
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    They don't have to pay, that's the whole point. They have the OPTION to pay, if they desire it. It isn't needed, that's why it's considered optional. Optional things aren't meant to be free, because you can get by without it.
    Yet the fact that more and more people are bemoaning the current leveling experience suggests that it needs to be improved further, or other ideas/innovations need to be considered. Implementing this option provides little incentive to Blizzard to attempt to change or improve that.

    If it's so bad that people are telling Blizzard they would pay to skip it, ideally Blizzard should be improving the experience so people don't feel like paying to skip it, or that there are rewards related to leveling alts that comes from reaching max level (Marvel Heroes, for example, has an account wide synergy system where you can get up to 200% permanent bonus experience from leveling additional characters, so it's definitely a doable system in games with leveling). Instead, and with a lot of unfortunate encouragement, they are simply going with the easy way out and saying "Okay, pay to skip it."

    Then again, and I've not noticed anyone mentioning this, the consideration to sell level 90 boosts is really just a, in my opinion, knee-jerk response to people planning on using the 1 time boost in a round about way to gain multiple near-max level characters.

  13. #533
    i suppose those boosted characters will have full set of gear once you start playing it, otherwise if the boosted characters are equipped with lvl 1 starting gear, the wow forums will be swarmed with complaints. so then it begins, let's say the player XXX gets a lvl 90 boost with included gear, then he/she levels to lvl 100 and then again demand Blizzard that they should have an item set to buy once they reach lvl 100 to get into the current content without having to run through old raids or dungeons, for example the current patch is 6.4 and the player XXX does not want to go through 6.1,6.2 and 6.3 , therefore they will most likely ask for an item set to buy once they reach lvl 100 to get into 6.4 content.

    so my conclusion is: if they can skip leveling, why not purchasable gear to get instant access to 6.4? leveling is content and so are the patches/gear.
    and i can assure that they will start selling gear sets in future.
    Last edited by Elian; 2014-01-18 at 03:56 AM.

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Yet the fact that more and more people are bemoaning the current leveling experience suggests that it needs to be improved further, or other ideas/innovations need to be considered. Implementing this option provides little incentive to Blizzard to attempt to change or improve that.

    If it's so bad that people are telling Blizzard they would pay to skip it, ideally Blizzard should be improving the experience so people don't feel like paying to skip it, or that there are rewards related to leveling alts that comes from reaching max level (Marvel Heroes, for example, has an account wide synergy system where you can get up to 200% permanent bonus experience from leveling additional characters, so it's definitely a doable system in games with leveling). Instead, and with a lot of unfortunate encouragement, they are simply going with the easy way out and saying "Okay, pay to skip it."

    Then again, and I've not noticed anyone mentioning this, the consideration to sell level 90 boosts is really just a, in my opinion, knee-jerk response to people planning on using the 1 time boost in a round about way to gain multiple near-max level characters.
    Leveling through old content isn't fun for most people. It's a hassle and a chore. I've personally had numerous friends never make it to max level to play with me, because they got bored halfway through leveling. They WANTED to keep playing, but what they wanted to do is play endgame with me, but grind through a boring chore first.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    i suppose those boosted characters will have full set of gear once you start playing it, otherwise if the boosted characters are equipped with lvl 1 starting gear, the wow forums will be swarmed with complaints. so then it begins, let's say the player XXX gets a lvl 90 boost with included gear, then he/she levels to lvl 100 and then again demand Blizzard that they should have an item set to buy once they reach lvl 100 to get into the current content without having to run through old raids or dungeons, for example the current patch is 6.4 and the player XXX does not want to go through 6.1,6.2 and 6.3 , therefore they will most likely ask for item set to buy once they reach lvl 100 to get into 6.4 content.

    so my conclusion is: if they can skip leveling, why not purchasable gear to get instant access to 6.4? leveling is content and so are the patches/gear.
    and i can assure you that they will start selling gear sets in future.
    I don't know if you just haven't been paying attention, but Blizzard pretty consistently adds a way to get caught up to the current patch in often a matter of hours with pretty much every new patch.

  15. #535
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    oh good, a BenBos post to disect. This should be fun.

    If people can PAY to bypass levelling content, where is the encouragement for Blizzard to improve the levelling content? After all, the more people that bypass it, the more money they make. So that makes the game worse for everyone that doesn't want to give Blizzard even more money in a subscription based game.

    Don't believe the reasoning? Have a look at the low/imbalanced server situation. It has taken them years to take ANY steps to improve things, because they knew that doing so would cost them the income they get from the wildly overpriced transfers they offer.

    Oh, and using the "people that disagree with me are 13" card as well. Sad.
    They tried to improve the leveling content with the old world revamp. People still quit. Numerous others never even bothered going through it. Honestly, it was nice that Blizzard did it, but it was a colossal waste of resources. And it took the 3rd expansion for that to even happen. Prior to that, there had been absolutely no change in the leveling process. In fact, I've heard people do nothing but complain about how leveling is so easy and they wish Blizzard would change it back to the way it was (nostalgia glasses being worn, of course). The reasoning that Blizzard is going to stop paying attention to old content is fallacious. Blizzard has only ever paid attention to it once. The leveling content they'll look to improve is the leveling content that matters at that moment. Meaning the current expansion's leveling content. Every other piece of leveling content is trivial.

    What amazes me most is that everybody is complaining about Blizzard "neglecting pre-max level content" and yet nobody ever complains that Blizzard wasted resources creating a new max level raid, but has never bothered coming out with a raid for level 70 or level 80. Stupid arguments are stupid.

    As for your second argument, you use nothing to back up your statement. The reason Blizzard didn't do server merges (or whatever they want to call them) is because of the negative perception behind them. Also, they didn't want force people to randomly give up their names or guild names. This is probably the most effective way I've seen of merging servers. Since nobody else seems to have been able to do this, how do you know that Blizzard just didn't have the capability of doing it previously? You don't. So, while getting money for server transfers may be a reason, it may not be the only reason, and it also may not have been a reason at all. What other evidence tells you that Blizzard making more money is detrimental to the game itself? By all means, explain.

  16. #536
    Not a huge fan of the choice, but frankly if you don't have toons at 90 this late in the expansion than you aren't really playing the game anyway.
    For whatever reason that is, this change was aimed at you.
    Its to help players who want 90s but don't have time / are too incompetent to level.

    Unfortunately, the biggest contribution to the decline in subs isn't that people are leaving - its that people aren't joining as fast as they once were.
    This change will hopefully remedy this, while proving extra income for the game as a whole.
    More money seems fine to me, especially after coming off an expansion that has produced more content in each patch than the entirety of previous expansions. Not to mention the speed at which the content came out.

    I see MoP and the changes within as the next step for WoW, and despite the notion that eventually everything might have a price tag, I can't argue as long as the raids and content with patches stay as quality as they have been these last 3 tiers.

  17. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    i suppose those boosted characters will have full set of gear once you start playing it, otherwise if the boosted characters are equipped with lvl 1 starting gear, the wow forums will be swarmed with complaints. so then it begins, let's say the player XXX gets a lvl 90 boost with included gear, then he/she levels to lvl 100 and then again demand Blizzard that they should have an item set to buy once they reach lvl 100 to get into the current content without having to run through old raids or dungeons, for example the current patch is 6.4 and the player XXX does not want to go through 6.1,6.2 and 6.3 , therefore they will most likely ask for an item set to buy once they reach lvl 100 to get into 6.4 content.

    so my conclusion is: if they can skip leveling, why not purchasable gear to get instant access to 6.4? leveling is content and so are the patches/gear.
    and i can assure that they will start selling gear sets in future.
    One does not facilitate the other. Leveling is content. The current expansion's leveling antiquates all previous leveling content. One does not equal the other. It takes a far reaching individual to even get to that level of hyperbole.

  18. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasse View Post
    Someone please explain me why the hell it matters?

    Why do you care about someone not having to level a character?

    It's like people who complain that gear is to easy to get.

    Also, using a fallacy to support your arguments is quite idiotic... and no, blizzard will not start selling gear.
    It matters because it's Blizzard taking another step in the wrong direction. Complaining is how we turn this around. Doing and saying nothing, and letting them swindle us with their stupid cash shop while still having a subscription based game that is losing quality and integrity every day, is going to kill this game.

    With that said, please no more "Either be for it or be indifferent" comments.

  19. #539
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    It matters because it's Blizzard taking another step in the wrong direction. Complaining is how we turn this around. Doing and saying nothing, and letting them swindle us with their stupid cash shop while still having a subscription based game that is losing quality and integrity every day, is going to kill this game.

    With that said, please no more "Either be for it or be indifferent" comments.
    How are you being swindled by a service that doesn't require your participation?

  20. #540
    Ebay characters, Ebay characters as far as the eye can see.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."


    I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •