Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangvald View Post
    Are there any numbers out yet? I heard someone say something about a tweet saying that the Thok nerfs are at about 10%, where do I find this? If its true, most resonable would be ~10% to all the things they are nerfing.
    I've been looking around as well, but can't seem to find anything. Would appriciate a source!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrippleshoT View Post
    I've been looking around as well, but can't seem to find anything. Would appriciate a source!
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...97566018158593

"Numbers are still being finalized. In general, the adjustments are in the 10% range."

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...97597893324800

"Around 10%. Screech should still inflict >50% of health without defensive cooldowns so you do need to stay spread."

Which kinda makes me wonder *again* if they are actually nerfing his frontal or screech. Oh well, not playing 10 man either way.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2014-01-21 at 11:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...97566018158593

"Numbers are still being finalized. In general, the adjustments are in the 10% range."

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...97597893324800

"Around 10%. Screech should still inflict >50% of health without defensive cooldowns so you do need to stay spread."

Which kinda makes me wonder *again* if they are actually nerfing his frontal or screech. Oh well, not playing 10 man either way.
    Thanks!

Fearsome Roar and Shock Blast. It does not mention Deafening Screech.

As expect, it is Deafening Screech, since it's the only ability that increase dmg as Acceleration ramp and require raid cd stacking, which many 10man guilds have problems with. Fearsome Roar is just a typo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post

As expect, it is Deafening Screech, since it's the only ability that increase dmg as Acceleration ramp and require raid cd stacking, which many 10man guilds have problems with. Fearsome Roar is just a typo.
    At no point does it mentions that screech is being changed.

What he says is that Shock Blast and Deafening roar will be reduced for around 10%, but since screech still hits for over 50% of your health you still need to spread.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2014-01-21 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    As a game designer, I would be really fucking happy with the progress people have made, having such a small % of people being able to beat the lvl of content you made, means you did a fucking good job, on the business side, I'd be kinda pissed that so many people want to see it but can't.

Nerfing the content to allow more people to see your work half a year after you released the game shouldn't bother you as its been half a god dam year.

Deleted
    Well, t is more than 3 months out... Almost nobody cares anymore and lots of people want them to get nerfed. You belong to a minority, they can't deliver to you this time; it's an MMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
    Well, t is more than 3 months out... Almost nobody cares anymore and lots of people want them to get nerfed. You belong to a minority, they can't deliver to you this time; it's an MMO...
    So nobody cares yet lots of people want them to get nerfed? Another well thought out post on the mmo threads :/

My guild is indifferent about the nerfs honestly, we could have most likely beaten Siege and Paragons w/o nerfs had we not taken 2 months off for holidays. Does it suck? Sure, but we enjoyed our time not stressing about the holiday roster and gave the members who were feeling some burn out some time off. Honestly people shouldn't be pissed, you've had 4 months so far to kill things, these nerfs are targeted at making kills a LITTLE easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are missing the hidden point, blizzard confirmed that a few fights this tier on 10man heroic are more difficult than 25man heroic, which i think from most perople i talk to the only thing harder on 25 is getting 25 solid people. But i got my alt into a decent 25man group and we cleared garrosh normal our first night got heroic imer and good pulls on heroic nuero. The raid cd's in 25man are just insane. Cant wait for WoD so the 10man guilds can be on the same page as the 25mans. This will be interesting.

EDIT*
    And for all the *your guild is bad or didn't spend enough time on it* i feel like a lot of people are in my shoes. We had multiple raid weeks where we were unable to raid (people not showing, short on the roster) which is our own fault i suppose but i mean we have had one night to work on thok :| and now the nerf it feels kinda lame.
    Last edited by Devastated; 2014-01-21 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    However, when I complained in the past, nerfs never actually affected me because I didn't raid Heroic.
    There's nerfs were put in for the community as a whole. Not you personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastated View Post

EDIT*
    And for all the *your guild is bad or didn't spend enough time on it* i feel like a lot of people are in my shoes. We had multiple raid weeks where we were unable to raid (people not showing, short on the roster) which is our own fault i suppose but i mean we have had one night to work on thok :| and now the nerf it feels kinda lame.
    Yes, it is.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well well, some of those are a bit bigger than I thought. 20% of Siegecrafter belt weapons is quite a bit - definitely one less person in 25 man. 20% off Multishot is also significant, Hisek will be far less of a pita during the edges. Still, it won't change much, except remove some random deaths.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2014-01-22 at 01:57 AM.

Thok the Bloodthirsty

Thok the Bloodthirsty's Deafening Screech now deals 10% less damage on Flexible, 10-player Normal, and 10-player Heroic difficulties.
    Thok the Bloodthirsty's Shock Blast now deals 10% less damage on Flexible, 10-player Normal, and 10-player Heroic difficulties.

As I said before, it is Deafening Screech, since it's the only ability that increase dmg as Acceleration ramp and require raid cd stacking, which many 10man guilds have problems with. Fearsome Roar is just a typo.

Deleted
    Wow, 10% is an enormous amount on that ability. Combined with the shock blast nerf Thok just got immensely easier. I personally found the stacking to leave P1 be the most dangerous due to shock blast, certainly not deafening screech since it hits every player for the same amount. But from my 10-man experience, I can only imagine what it's like to stack shamans on 25H, namely the fear of dying to 30 stacks. I found that number to be almost unreachable on 10-man with three healers (no shaman in my raid). So I do think it's warranted. Thok will still be a gigantic step up from Malkorok/Spoil post nerf.

Siegecrafter quite similar, they nerfed many more things by quite a larger margin. I'm mostly thankful about the crawler mine and missile turret nerf, GL trying to down that boss with a melee-heavy raid.

lol bosses get old, nerfs come in, deal with it. That is how it has always been. That is how it will continue to be. And a forum on a fan website is not going to change that. Just be glad it is not the 5% every month nerf that happened in ICC and DS.

Deleted
    So much for the people saying that the nerfs won't be significant.
    While the bosses themselves still keep their HP (which means dps check in the case of thok), surviving the fights will be WAY easier. There is little challenging about 10 man hc Thok besides the fact that you WILL die if a healer is interrupted or someone screws up a cooldown, and this makes you fail the dps check.
    Siegecrafter just lost its belt dps challenge and dps cooldown management. I can do nearly 5 million damage without any major cooldown, trinket proc or potion and so can any other class. Mines? They were manageable before even with sub-par raid compositions, but sure.. they deserved a nerf to put the fight in line with 25 man. 20% though is a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    So much for the people saying that the nerfs won't be significant.
    While the bosses themselves still keep their HP (which means dps check in the case of thok), surviving the fights will be WAY easier. There is little challenging about 10 man hc Thok besides the fact that you WILL die if a healer is interrupted or someone screws up a cooldown, and this makes you fail the dps check.
    Siegecrafter just lost its belt dps challenge and dps cooldown management. I can do nearly 5 million damage without any major cooldown, trinket proc or potion and so can any other class. Mines? They were manageable before even with sub-par raid compositions, but sure.. they deserved a nerf to put the fight in line with 25 man. 20% though is a lot.
    So where was the significant changes? The hardest part of thok remains to beat the dps check and the kiting phase. We were constantly wiping on accidently hitting 30 stack (really 30 stack limit was stupid, should have been atleast 40). With these changes you are just more likely to hit 30 stacks. The yeti is still there, the fire is still there, the poison debuff is still there. Everything difficult with Thok is still there, just higher chance to wipe on the 30th stack now and less chance of RNG deaths during kite.

As for siegecrafter, yeah the belt nerf was pretty big. The mines nerfs was needed. Mechanics are still there. Relatively speaking, the siegecrafter changes are pretty significant, but he is still by far the hardest boss in the instance and will keep players wiping for a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    So where was the significant changes? The hardest part of thok remains to beat the dps check and the kiting phase. We were constantly wiping on accidently hitting 30 stack (really 30 stack limit was stupid, should have been atleast 40). With these changes you are just more likely to hit 30 stacks. The yeti is still there, the fire is still there, the poison debuff is still there. Everything difficult with Thok is still there, just higher chance to wipe on the 30th stack now and less chance of RNG deaths during kite.
    You are 10 man, right? Thinking about it my group did an unusual 2 man heal tactic; as such I don't really know which difficulties that the 10 man raiding community usually faces on that fight. I disagree with the yeti and kiting phase being a major problem on that fight though. The likelihood that you'll die to no healing while kiting is incredibly low, as gear and hp has increased substantially. The yeti was just really an annoyance and just fucked up one in 40 tries.