Page 1 of 46
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Is WoW always going to be like this?

    Can anyone help me? After I saw this video it got me worried....because I was thinking of coming back in Draenor...but if things will be like this I really don't know anymore.

    VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWh9aY4pas

    min 3:35 (may the trolling begin)

    Are things this bad? Can ANY player no matter how bad they are be able to do 100% of the content (Heroic modes not included).

    I don't play the game for a long time because how things were in Pandaria. Easy accessibility and easy content for everyone removed my will for progression and willpower to continue playing. That and a community that was getting more antisocial by the second with Instanced content being the top priority at the moment. No more Socializing in the open World ( the Isle of Thunder made hoping for more content with pvp encounters and social gameplay in the world....)

    Can someone plz get my hopes up for Draenor? :C

    Mod-note: Fixed your link.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2014-01-18 at 12:59 PM.

  2. #2
    Dreadlord MrLordDariusCrowley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sanctuary or the local tavern.
    Posts
    818
    I think he did LFR and not HC 25m ToT.

  3. #3
    I don't care! Are you telling me a player that does NOTHING can complete 99% of content in this game? And there are still no World social interaction? Did Blizzard said anything to counter this in the future? Im not that well informed about things atm....

  4. #4
    Been discussed many times, best thing you can do is just not use it and try promote flex raiding.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Calzaeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kopervik, Norway
    Posts
    3,206
    A player that does NOTHING will complete NOTHING. A player that does some little thing for an hour a week will have some semblance of progression, and absolutely EVERYONE can do SOMETHING appropriate to their skill level.

    The content that is intended to be hard will, in fact, be hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I don't think you're having so much a thought but rather complete mental diarrhea all over the internet and your keyboard and it's not pretty or even logical.

  6. #6
    Did you saw the video from min 3:35.......he did absolutely NOTHING and was always the DPS with the most damage taken...in the end he was full epic and seen 100% of the content in the game.

    This game was once a symbol of respect and considered the ultimate challenge/ social experience and the best design in the gaming industry...and now this is the wow we have?
    Last edited by Shadowpunkz; 2014-01-18 at 12:43 AM.

  7. #7
    Is Mikepreach some kind of deity of those who claim 'doom and gloom' whenever something happens that they think is bad to the game? His videos are always linked, and I don't get it. For instance, his whole LFR thing is overexaggerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Did you saw the video from min 3:35.......he did absolutely NOTHING and was always the DPS with the most damage taken...in the end he was full epic and seen 100% of the content in the game.

    The sentence "full epic" to refer "I'm LFR geared." is going to make you laughed at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

  9. #9
    The doomsayers are coming out of the cracks today.

  10. #10
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colchester, land of the squaddies, UK
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    The sentence "full epic" to refer "I'm LFR geared." is going to make you laughed at.
    I don't see why it would seeing as it's completely correct.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/4/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  11. #11
    Banned NuLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Flatopia, Tsundereland
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Did you saw the video from min 3:35.......he did absolutely NOTHING and was always the DPS with the most damage taken...in the end he was full epic and seen 100% of the content in the game.

    This game was once a symbol of respect and considered the ultimate challenge/ social experience and the best design in the gaming industry...and now this is the wow we have?
    Lol play it if you want or move on to another damn game.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Did you saw the video from min 3:35.......he did absolutely NOTHING and was always the DPS with the most damage taken...in the end he was full epic and seen 100% of the content in the game.

    This game was once a symbol of respect and considered the ultimate challenge/ social experience and the best design in the gaming industry...and now this is the wow we have?
    Well, I've never heard this... Pretty sure it was designed to be more casual friendly then the mmo's available at the time of it's launch.. Not the ultimate challenge and symbol of respect you claim it to be..

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Narna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Backyard. Digging for oil.
    Posts
    1,106
    I'm not sure if you are trolling or what's going on, but I'll take you seriously... for now.

    Yes, you can experience the end game content and get full epics "purples" while basically doing nothing but queue. But this content was designed for casual players who don't have the time, or don't want to invest time, into normal or heroic raiding. The content caters to a specific demographic of the WoW's population. Note that this isn't 99% of the game, this is just a version of raiding that has been made easier, for those who just want to experience the raid, through Looking For Raid.

    However, that being said, this shouldn't influence the way you want to play. There is always progression to be had, if you are willing to look for it. Join a Normal/Heroic raiding guild, and progress at your own pace. Why are you allowing other play styles to influence the way you play? Normals still take some sort of skill and coordination with people, and Heroics still offer that difficult end game content. The days of labeling the "best gear" in the game to be just purple words is over. That isn't the point anymore. There are tiers to gear, and levels of progressing difficulty. Play what you want, how you want, and don't let others influence the way you play.

    But, having said that, if you still don't like it, just don't play. Obviously if you don't like the current model, you won't have fun playing WoW, time to move on.
    Last edited by Narna; 2014-01-18 at 12:53 AM.
    Troll's Life Mon.
    Nra|Hyah|Kyrei

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,826
    The game just sucks... If blizzard didn't add all the stupid features that they did and made sure PvP/PvE had the highest priorities like they did throughout vanilla/THC, the game would still have a flourishing community. The only reason the game is turning down hill, is not because it's old, but because they changed the game drastically. They barely added shit to the game prior to wotlk, but as soon as wotlk hit shelves, blizzard was adding something new to the game every content patch. While LFD might have been cool on paper, blizzard didn't think how it would affect communities. As soon as LFD hit, all blacklist's went out the window and all those assholes were free to roam again. Prior to LFD, assholes were put in check due to black lists... someone would start a gruuls raid and as we're all about to enter, someone might point out that blah blah blah ninja'd or pulled a boss early etc... that person then gets kicked and replaced w/ someone who doesn't have a bad reputation. Pugs were doable on NORMAL DIFFICULTY prior to wotlk because not only did the average player have more skill, but players who wanted to try could do so w/o having to deal with noobs or assholes. WoW used to be amazing because it was not over done and any issues were easily fixed by the players.

    I could honestly make a 20 page rant about how I quit and how the game used to be amazing... and not a single reason would be due to nostalgia. I still play WoW to this day, but only on TBC private servers that allow me to relive the amazing moments.

    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  15. #15
    Lol im sorry if im offending anyone by this but...this video felt like a knife in my chest xD
    Being able to see 100% of the content like this...and be considerably rewarded for it...I was like W t F.

    What are going to be my goals if I decide to play again? What content should I aim for? Heroics? No way, I refuse to fight so hard for something I already saw and little to no reward (better stats same looks of gear yay..).

  16. #16
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wyrmrest Accord (US)
    Posts
    10
    Were it not for the accessibility of LFR, especially given I cannot keep up with a normal raid schedule, I would've been forced to see the playthroughs of Siege of Orgrimmar or even Dragon Soul through Youtube. Really kinda sucks.

    At least this way, I can say I was there in some form. It may not have been heroic. It may not have even been epic. But I was there.

    That's the damn point, for players like me and others.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    3,027
    Do you mean is LFR going away? The answer is no.

  18. #18
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,798
    They need to equalize the gear quality of LFR gear with heroic dungeon gear. So rare quality w/ heroic dungeon ilevel & stats. That way it promotes flexible (normal) raiding and establishes Blizzards definition of LFR being 'tourist mode'.

    If players want epics, they are going to have to find real players to raid with.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer Calzaeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kopervik, Norway
    Posts
    3,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Did you saw the video from min 3:35.......he did absolutely NOTHING and was always the DPS with the most damage taken...in the end he was full epic and seen 100% of the content in the game.

    This game was once a symbol of respect and considered the ultimate challenge/ social experience and the best design in the gaming industry...and now this is the wow we have?
    Did you see the frikking video? He did the easiest tier of raiding, the one designed to be doable without ANY communication. The one that isn't intended to challenge anyone, at all.

    Honestly, do you feel bothered by the fact that lazy people who are content with never achieving anything get the shittiest end-game gear? Do you know that, at this point in time, fewer people have killed HEROIC Garrosh than people who finished AQ? The hard content is there. So is the easy shit nobody will congratulate you for.

    And be honest. This game has never been considered the ultimate challenge. Blizzard's philosophy, since day one, has been to make MORE ACCESSIBLE games than their direct competitors. When WoW launched, it was ridiculed by EQ-players for it's accessibility.

    Get your damn facts straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I don't think you're having so much a thought but rather complete mental diarrhea all over the internet and your keyboard and it's not pretty or even logical.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    This game was once a symbol of respect and considered the ultimate challenge/ social experience and the best design in the gaming industry...and now this is the wow we have?
    What...?

    I've never heard "symbol of respect" and "world of warcraft" in the same sentence before, like, seriously, never.

    OT: They aren't getting any real accomplishment.

    Preach is also very elitist and actually pretty damn average in terms of "skill". A lot of his videos, well, all, are designed to maximise views, not for quality content, drama, assumptions, etc, LFR...well, LFR is LFR, nothing else to be said, tourist mode.

    His heroic dungeon example is a very bad example, people literally don't give a shit in heroics, you don't even need 5 people, hell, with decent gear you don't even need a tank or any one else.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2014-01-18 at 12:57 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •