Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Regarding Garrosh Heirlooms (survey)

For those of you who've had your first drop thus far, what spec were you in and what dropped?

(I'm trying to get an idea of whether it's 2h or 1h biased.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I got a strength shield. I'm pretty sure its just pure random chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    I got a strength shield. I'm pretty sure its just pure random chance.
    Wasn't it confirmed right off the bat that your first drop is always spec specific? Could have sworn a blue post confirmed your case was "not intended."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Got the polearm as BrM while holding the Immerseus staff.

15+ Year Old Account
    The first one is always the spec you currently have set as your personal loot spec. Me personally I got the Agility Ax. But the next two I got were BOTH the agi daggers (which I enchanted and gave to my rogue).

I got my staff as my mage. Still waiting on getting a 2nd so I can see if they drop in relation to an alt you actually have on your account or if its completely random and I get something for a class/spec I do not utilize.

My question is, aside from flex, normal, heroic... as we progress from 90-100 will the difference in heirloom balance homogenize and we don't really see a huge difference between flex and heroic at lvl 100 heirloom ?

I have gotten an Agi axe, Agi dagger, Gun, and an Int Staff. The first Agi Axe was as WW spec. I have a strong suspicion based on everyone I've talked to that the Agi 2h is only really classified for Feral and Guardian Druids.

Also you silly people coming in from the top Recent Posts section, this is the Monk forum and about whether or not one of the two Agi Monk specs could be qualified for the 2h as its first item.

Was dw dps WW monk, got the agi polearm 2nd heirloom got the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I have gotten an Agi axe, Agi dagger, Gun, and an Int Staff. The first Agi Axe was as WW spec. I have a strong suspicion based on everyone I've talked to that the Agi 2h is only really classified for Feral and Guardian Druids.

Also you silly people coming in from the top Recent Posts section, this is the Monk forum and about whether or not one of the two Agi Monk specs could be qualified for the 2h as its first item.
    I wish that were the case for me, would much rather have the axes than that stupid polearm.

On my main Monk I had MW loot specilization and got the healing mace from my first "spec set" heirloom. My alt monk's first "spec set" heirloom was the polearm however (was in Brewmaster w/ the H Immerseus staff). Main monk since then has gotten the bow and the 1H agi axe as well.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Interesting, it seems then that specs can be listed under one of two weapons if they can use both and it's just random which one you get. That's pretty stupid.

It aggravated me so much cause I used a coin, then saw the beige letters and was like "YES!" then I saw the icon and was like "NO!!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    as a ret pally, i first got the str 2h axe and then got a bow

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    I wish that were the case for me, would much rather have the axes than that stupid polearm.
    I'm really hoping for that Polearm because as far as I know, it's far enough ahead in ilvl than the nearest same-difficulty 1hander (ignoring the heirloom) that the Polearm is the better drop.
    [What's half of minor?]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'm really hoping for that Polearm because as far as I know, it's far enough ahead in ilvl than the nearest same-difficulty 1hander (ignoring the heirloom) that the Polearm is the better drop.
    They can't be upgraded. They're the same ilvl as a normal 2/2 weapon and by all means worse than any warforged weapon.

Deleted
    My first weapon was the 1h Agility Axe while Dual Wielding. Specced as Brewmaster, loot spec set also on Brewmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    They can't be upgraded.
    Whelp, that got a lot less awesome right about there. Had they been upgradable (like the Archaeology weapons) it would have been 2 ilvls above Warforged.
    [What's half of minor?]

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why? They have the same iLvL as normal heroics, you would just have to spend 500 VP to get the same effect.

The only weapons that are better than herilooms are WF ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 staves 4 polearms

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have gotten 2 of the staffs so far. Both on my main lock.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Whelp, that got a lot less awesome right about there. Had they been upgradable (like the Archaeology weapons) it would have been 2 ilvls above Warforged.
    Yeah for the first time in many expansions the BiS weapons are actually obtainable before the final boss, so I can see the confusion.