Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Agree. Not sure what the OP expected to happen. Boosts for gold might not be against the rules but blizzard has made it clear they don't like it.
    Personally I don't care what Blizzard likes and doesn't like.
    If it's not against the rules, I'll do it if I want to.

I don't like getting my loot ninja'd by some punk who can't even use it, but "if you're allowed to click needroll, it's not against the rules" -Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    When i did arena boosting i usualy asked for gold before we started.
    10 games for 1000g---) we won 8 out of 10 i return him 200g and i ask him if he wants more.
    This is how life works.....dont expect to get a guide to a mountains for free before you pay anything.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not a win/trader. People keep using that word in this thread and I don't think they actually know what it means.

Also people seem to be confused, he's not really selling arena rating because I doubt he could solo his way past 1.5k+ (which is srs bzness according to a lot of the people posting in this thread). He's offering a perfectley legal in-game service to help those who lack pvp gear and an arena partner get conquest points.

What he's doing isn't scummy, against the rules or against the spirit of the game.

You probably just got a retarded GM, I get them all the time. It's like they didn't even read my ticket, they don't understand my problem and half of them can't even spell properly.

e.g. I lost my quest chain when attempting to get Loremaster, one GM said he couldn't do anything about my problem except suggest where the quest may be. The other GM took control of my account temporarily and teleported me to the correct area and reset the quest line for me so I could follow it properly. Just luck of the draw.

I need a job, I should apply to be a support GM, it sounds they give the job to anyone who walks in off the street.
    Last edited by Ineko; 2014-01-18 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You expect payment for winning a no show? That's honestly ridiculous. You literally queued with them and then done nothing, but ask 100g for it. I suspect most people would not have payed you for that, and that a lot of people would not expect payment if that occurred whilst the were selling runs.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Why on Earth people think Blizzard is a regulator of relationship in game?
    They provide tools which prevent scam for trade, and such, but if your action does not fall into this category - it's your problem.
    I feel Blizzard has no right to punish anyone for stupidity of their victims.
    If Blizzard thinks they should punish for scam - screw them.
    As for you - you were hoping for Blizzard and were careless, now you blame them. And as long as you think Blizzard is 'in-Game police', you know - their word worth more then yours.

Deleted
    <snip meme gif>

Mod Edit: Please post on topic / constructively.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2014-01-18 at 11:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    Why on Earth people think Blizzard is a regulator of relationship in game?
    They provide tools which prevent scam for trade, and such, but if your action does not fall into this category - it's your problem.
    I feel Blizzard has no right to punish anyone for stupidity of their victims.
    If Blizzard thinks they should punish for scam - screw them.
    As for you - you were hoping for Blizzard and were careless, now you blame them. And as long as you think Blizzard is 'in-Game police', you know - their word worth more then yours.
    A streamer recently got banned for 3 hours because some random traded him 1k and then asked to duel AFTER the trade. He then made a ticket saying that he stole his gold and got him banned.

Alright, it's not win trading and Blizzard is wrong, but don't expect they will do anything about it if you agree to offer a service before getting paid.

However, they can see the chatlogs, make them swear to pay for the service. If you spam on trade "wts arena wins 100g/win" and then you send a group invite saying "yo dawg, lets go", there is no deal made.
    Last edited by rinleezwins; 2014-01-18 at 10:44 AM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    There isn't a meta game based on who can craft things "the best"
    Pff, you definitely didn't bought my potions yet mate!
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    This and also its a shame they didn't slap a suspension on you for your troubles WoW doesn't need that mentality; you could argue "Hey I'm just providing a service that people want" So do drug dealers
    Lmfao are you for real?

I think people like you should be banned, the bleeding heart Blizzard apologist to the end.

If Blizzard doesn't like people selling in-game services for in-game currency, they should have patched the system. Since they didn't, they don't care. OP obviously got an automated response.

@OP, nothing you can do. We had the same problem once with raid boosting, with a certain individual not paying up the full amount. Just the risk you take when you're doing things like this. If you didn't get any temp-ban for it then don't worry. Just eat the cost, blacklist the idiot and move on.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-01-18 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Lmfao are you for real?

I think people like you should be banned, the bleeding heart Blizzard apologist to the end.

If Blizzard doesn't like people selling in-game services for in-game currency, they should have patched the system. Since they didn't, they don't care. OP obviously got an automated response.

@OP, nothing you can do. We had the same problem once with raid boosting, with a certain individual not paying up the full amount. Just the risk you take when you're doing things like this. If you didn't get any temp-ban for it then don't worry. Just eat the cost, blacklist the idiot and move on.
    well i saw a video of sodopopping getting a ban for acepting 1000 gold for a duel. but he flew off. and sodapopping had the 1k from him. and in the end sodapopping ended up with a 3 hour ban lol:P

Good news you could have made 2,000 gold in the time it took to make the OP and even more with each response post. You think you were wronged and that sucks, but letting the loss of 200g upset you is just silly. So is thinking you are getting paid for a win when nobody zoned in to play, you did nothing to make that happen. Unless you did, then you are a win trader be happy you can still play.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    But you are a win trader, you're offering arena wins for gold (trading wins for gold). Honestly, if Blizz says you're a win trader, you probably are, they know their game well. But I see people doing this shit all the time and they don't get flagged by Blizz. Next time, don't go to Blizz. After all, it's only 200g.
    Yeah, but that's not win trading. Win trading lemme explain to all the noobs here :

Group X has a very high amount of rating.
    Group Y has a lower amount of rating.

Group Y is getting boosted, and constantly queued into group X and loses on purpose so Y gets boosted to rating and conquest points.

That my friend is wintrading.

-

Asking in game gold for boosting services is completely legal unless they use the wintrading method mentioned above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    It's funny, this is an under the table service . The game's not meant to be played like this.

Then you complain about it? HA!

And yes, like the above posted, I'd say this is "Against the spirit of the game"
    Against the spirit of the game? lol what?

If anything it's players copying blizzard's financial model and doing it more successfully than blizzard itself.

Carrying someone for gold =/= win trading. Win trading is trading wins with another team to get a better rating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    well i saw a video of sodopopping getting a ban for acepting 1000 gold for a duel. but he flew off. and sodapopping had the 1k from him. and in the end sodapopping ended up with a 3 hour ban lol:P
    That was because it happened on stream, it rarely happens if they don't have hard proof about it, because they simply cba most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    But again, there is no rule saying he has to pay you as you did not really give anything for the gold in question. A service offered, and not paid for, that is your loss - not Blizzard's field of worry. Though, was low of the other person to not pay, but then you have learned your lesson.

Though, the win trading bit, I do not understand.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    "Please use caution when you agree to provide a service for gold before receiving payment especially when it is something that is a violation of our terms of use such as win trading. Keep in mind that win trading can get your account actioned as it is a violation of our terms of use."
    Basically everything that says something about what you did is before the first bolded part. The part after that is a general warning, repeated once more, especially for you. Now ofcourse you don't need it, but it's probably more a (professional) gesture of "I care about you", than an accusation of some kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    FYI, that was a basic cautionary statement because you were selling services for gold, not a personal admonition of your behavior.

That's like taking it personally when the loading screen warns you not to buy gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    You made a shabby deal that, whilst not directly in violation with any rules, clearly isn't meant to be supported by the game. The GM answer you recieved was simply a warning statement based upon the fact that you were selling a service for gold, not a direct accusement about you win-trading.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Also I seriously disagree about Blizzard knowing their game, they know nothing, prime example of them calling me a win trader. Ask any top PvP'er, Blizzard doesn't know their own game.
    Oh, my apologies. Didn't realise you were such a pro.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

So many idiot posters in this thread.

Infracted, please post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-01-18 at 12:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.