Thread: Processor Issue

Processor Issue

I've been having some (I think) serious issues concerning the temperature of my processor. The issue I'm running into is that my processor will cap out at 140f while playing WoW 64 bit and stay around 100f without it open. I'm not sure what fan speed it needs to run at, but I'm unable to change it with any of the ASUS utilities that came standard (or on their website) or with AMDOverdrive. The fan stays around 2000 and doesn't change much even at higher temperatures.

Another issue I've seen a few times is that my system will become randomly unresponsive, black out the sound and visuals, then turn the fans on full blast until I manually pull the plug from the back. This seems to happen once every few days and doesn't have a system log to go with the event, just the kernel power from starting back up.

Both of these together makes me think that my system may be overheating, so I'm going to be looking for a new heat sink, fans, and a dedicated gpu to take some of the load off the processor. Am I going about this the right way? Any suggestions on what I should do?

Here's the info I've gathered. Scared to death of offending someone with bad formatting, so I put them in pastebins:

DxDiag - http://pastebin.com/kAGuN7Lb
    CoreTempDump - http://pastebin.com/bD7yAWJX

Quick Specs:
    CPU - AMD A10-6700 APU 3.7 GHz
    Motherboard - Wasn't able to find any information on this, something ASUS M11BB
    RAM - 8.00 GB, 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card - AMD Radeon HD 8670D
    Power Supply - Fairly sure it's 350w, not sure though.
    Operating System - Windows 8.1
    Resolution - 1600x900
    WoW Settings - Low. Fair view distance, high particle desnity

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    140F is 60C which is fine a for your apu. most overclock cpu hit 70c +
    Last edited by darkmos; 2014-01-18 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmos View Post
    140F is 60C which is fine a for your apu
    I keep getting notifications from the ASUS software telling me otherwise, should I just uninstall those?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    do you have a stock heatsinks on? if you do have a stock heatsink. i would get a Noctua NH-L9a its 49.99 on newegg.com
    Last edited by darkmos; 2014-01-18 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmos View Post
    do you have a stock heatsinks on?
    The whole thing is stock actually. Would it be better to get some high quality heat sinks?

Deleted
    Curious, you have an SSD but dont have Windows installed on it?

did you build it yourself?
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2014-01-18 at 12:21 PM.

System is pre-built, save for the SSD. SSD is from my old computer and has W7 on it.

Is a 350W PSU enough to run everything including the graphics card?

EDIT

disregard this, apparently the 8670D is integrated >< and the delete post button is not working for me for some reason.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2014-01-18 at 03:53 PM.

Issue is solved now. I got another heat sink and it's doing wonders, barely even breaking 105 even when running SimCraft. Thanks!