Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Meta model(s) in WoD?

Perhaps i missed this one, but it seems quiet obvious to me that with new character models, will come even an update to the metamorphosis model too...
    I still hope in a race/gender specific model that somehow implements gear, but i do realize this wont be the case...
    anyone guess or have some info i missed ?

There will not be a new meta model

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    There will not be a new meta model
    and why u say so?

with all new models with a polygon count nearly 6 times the old ones, u think we will be kept with a reused old model?
    There is even a talent (still to be confirmed) that allows the permanent meta in combat...

Bacause they said there will be no new druid form or meta models

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    and why u say so?

with all new models with a polygon count nearly 6 times the old ones, u think we will be kept with a reused old model?
    There is even a talent (still to be confirmed) that allows the permanent meta in combat...
    Doesn't mean there will be a new model.

Deleted
    Same reason as they're not adding new druid forms - "it was updated not that long ago."

WTB Female Meta model.

(in b4 some guy goes "bro, demons are unisex and that's not obviously a dude." Don't be that guy.)

Druid forms were updated not long time ago, with a new model for each race, but meta has the same model from the very beginning, but u all seem informed about this, can someone provide the official blue about it, so i can put my hopes aside?

PS

Demons do have gender...i suppose it depends on the specific race, but manari eredar do have gender(Alythess).
    Last edited by volrat; 2014-01-29 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    Druid forms were updated not long time ago, with a new model for each race, but meta has the same model from the very beginning, but u all seem informed about this, can someone provide the official blue about it, so i can put my hopes aside?

PS

Demons do have gender...i suppose it depends on the specific race, but manari eredar do have gender(Alythess).
    Not so long ago means wrath of the lich king... thats when they updated feral forms and that's also the time when they added meta. Meta form is fine, it looks ok, you can have green version of it, it's only for one spec of one class and only permanent when you have a talent (which can even not make it to live). So yeah, I estimate chances of new meta model to be next to none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Not so long ago means wrath of the lich king... thats when they updated feral forms and that's also the time when they added meta. Meta form is fine, it looks ok, you can have green version of it, it's only for one spec of one class and only permanent when you have a talent (which can even not make it to live). So yeah, I estimate chances of new meta model to be next to none.
    Meta was added in TBC, and it uses the model as was used for Illidan. Druid forms (Cat and Bear) were updated pretty late in Wrath. Like Moonkin, they've expressed a desire to do it, there's just no timescale on it. Same goes for new Demon models for minions, which include different genders and are definitely on the table for some time in the future.

Certainly wouldn't expect them until some time after the player models are done though, and those are not even confirmed for being finished for the start of WoD so I guess it'll be a long wait.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2014-01-29 at 12:33 PM.

They also probably consider green fire Meta form to be the "new" Meta form, so why would they add yet another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    They also probably consider green fire Meta form to be the "new" Meta form, so why would they add yet another.
    I highly doubt they'd qualify a recolour as a new model.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Meta was added in TBC, and it uses the model as was used for Illidan. Druid forms (Cat and Bear) were updated pretty late in Wrath. Like Moonkin, they've expressed a desire to do it, there's just no timescale on it. Same goes for new Demon models for minions, which include different genders and are definitely on the table for some time in the future.

Certainly wouldn't expect them until some time after the player models are done though, and those are not even confirmed for being finished for the start of WoD so I guess it'll be a long wait.
    Meta was introduced in WotLK beta. Demo got Felguard in TBC.

Deleted
    They can update your meta after druids got new models for their older forms and shaman new elemental forms.

I doubt they'd ever update Metamorphosis because it's only a temporary form used by a single spec. Druid forms are used much more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post

Meta's demon form was actually introduced in Vanilla, and was the demon at the end of the Atiesh legendary. Now, the Illidan player form was not introduced until Wotlk Beta, and late beta at that, as at first, we were going to morph into the Nathrezim (dreadlord), then they changed it... along with shadowbolt volley =( But during TBC, and even continued in Cataclysm with a few, all demon hunters morphed into the Atiesh demon model. Illidan's model, as it is, is dated, which our demon form is based off of. This makes it hard to look at, not to mention, play green fire with, as everyone knows that the green fire meta model is still bugged to this day and blizzard has yet to do anything about it.

So, would I like a new demon form model? Yes. Would I like gender specific? why not, though it technically contradicts the lore that we morph ourselves into illidan's form, not a corrupted tyrande form =P I do wish a new demon form was more Race specific though.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I doubt they'd ever update Metamorphosis because it's only a temporary form used by a single spec. Druid forms are used much more than that.
    Wrong there come next expansion, we have perma meta in the form of a talent.
    Last edited by Skayth; 2014-01-29 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Wrong there come next expansion, we have perma meta in the form of a talent.
    It's still just a talent of one spec that only some people will use some of the time.

id rather have better demons than a new model for a spec nobody plays because its mathematically inferior.
    the void lord is godamn insulting. a voidwalker with armor. its like the cataclysm pvp drakes. pls give entropius void lord
    the wrathguard doesnt even function properly with the glyph for the felguard weapon.
    WHERE IS MY SUMMON PIT LORD SPELL

Deleted
    Druid forms are fine, except troll flight form. The bat is really ugly compared to the 3 other bird forms. They should use the new bat model from the store mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Efrye View Post
    Druid forms are fine, except troll flight form. The bat is really ugly compared to the 3 other bird forms. They should use the new bat model from the store mount.
    I rolled my druid as Troll because I like its bat form so much. But, yeah, looking more like the store mount would be pretty awesome
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.