Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Help! Inner Will vs. Inner Fire

Okay, I'm a 12/14H disc priest. I used to run about 10-11k spirit along with dps legendary cloak in raids. I've done well so far in every fight I'd say but I know I can definitely do better. I also ran Inner Will as it's what I always used during ToT.

Just yesterday, I decided to try another gameplay style, I guess you can call it. I decided to try going lower - spirit wise, and dropped down to 9k. I also switched back to the healing legendary cloak.

But my question is, at 9k spirit, should I use Inner Will to save mana over Inner Fire? I'm gonna see how I do next week with 9k spirit and get better with my Rapture procs. But I'm still a bit torn between the two.

So what do other priests in that spirit range (or less) run with?

Inner Fire still, and no reason to switch to the healing cloak really.

Edit: Also depends alot if you got a resto shaman running with ya.

Deleted
    With 6 Holy Fires and 5 PW:S a minute, you'd be saving ~10k mana per minute. That's all the instants that disc even uses regularly. Put that against the overall disc mana regeneration which should be somewhere around 250k/minute (+- multiple 10000s).

You'd be trading 4% saved mana against 10% throughput. Quite clearly not worth it. On top of it all come LMG procs, during which Inner Will has no function.

Inner Fire follows the same logic as going for crit/mastery, namely that you're increasing throughput, allowing you to utilize cheaper spells (save mana) to reach the same throughput.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I run with two resto shamans but I still run close to oom on a fight or two, mostly Thok and maybe Norushen? (but then again, I use PW: Shield a lot too, something that I know I need to better manage and not be a shield bot too much). I shall be trying Inner Fire and be more mindful of shield spamming next week.

About the cloak, I've seen some disc priests who have high parses/rankings run with the healing cloak. So I figured it was probably more optimal? :s Even Hyacine from BL is using the healer cloak.

Deleted
    Maybe did you miss the +5% healing done buff of the heal legendary cloak, around 20% uptime ? Is 595 crit delta between the dps and healing legendary cloak worth this buff, event without the overheal redistributing effect ?

On Thok, I usually run with 12k spirit, due to the use of mass dispells in my lineup and the fact that I don't have any regen trinket (I run with both heal and dps amp trinket).

I probably never used Inner will in raid as it only affect PW:S, PoM and holy fire if not talented. PW:S is really worth the +10% spell, and I always play with S&I.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaboo View Post
    I run with two resto shamans but I still run close to oom on a fight or two, mostly Thok and maybe Norushen? (but then again, I use PW: Shield a lot too, something that I know I need to better manage and not be a shield bot too much). I shall be trying Inner Fire and be more mindful of shield spamming next week.

About the cloak, I've seen some disc priests who have high parses/rankings run with the healing cloak. So I figured it was probably more optimal? :s Even Hyacine from BL is using the healer cloak.
    Why the fuck do you shield spam on Norushen, let the Shamans pick up the orbs and Atonement the boss/adds. You will easily do 250k+ hps and 140k dps with Smite glyph, and DPS cloak. BL yourself in the realm too with drums, so you can kill your add quicker.

Also Inner Fire is better, because of the 10% SP, and Disc uses Atonement a heavy majority of the time.
    Last edited by muto; 2014-01-19 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selesnya View Post
    during which Inner Will has no function.
    Well also, since it reduces the cost of PW:S -- Any rapture procs you get during from the LMG (which would be a net gain of mana) would actually be lower, if I'm not mistaken.

Made by Elyaan

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloryen View Post
    Maybe did you miss the +5% healing done buff of the heal legendary cloak, around 20% uptime ? Is 595 crit delta between the dps and healing legendary cloak worth this buff, event without the overheal redistributing effect ?
    I took a look at parses of some high ranking priests and I do see the legendary cloak doing 1-2% maybe 3% of their heals.

I was using the dps cloak but I was asking if I should switch to the healing one too. They seem to run with the cloak plus a low amount of spirit.

Deleted
    Don't forget that the proc from the dps cloak is pretty good too

Deleted
    I personally run with a resto shaman and a shadow priest in the raid and going as low as 3902 spirit (Crit/Mastery Head, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Feet and Staff and using the shadow tier legs for the crit/mastery, reforging out of spirit on every other piece) for normal farm runs. This doesn't even run me oom.

For progression, I tend to bump it up to around 6k and I rarely ever have mana problems. The only time I increased this was on HC norushen where I went up to 7k just to be on the safe side. The low-spirit playstyle revolves around clever use of lucidity to save mana, and I personally use mindbender and on CD.

I am actually quite prone to panic shield spamming myself, though outside of emergencies I try to limit this to rapture on the tanks or lucidity procs.

Edit: Oh, and I use the DPS cloak and Inner Fire at all times. On Thok I use Power Infusion to take the edge off the shield spam once spirit shell and barrier have been used, and it's good to have it up again during the 2nd Shield Spam and Mass dispel fest.
    Last edited by mmoc292e38101c; 2014-01-19 at 10:31 PM.

Inner Fire is still going to give oyu the bigger bang for your buck. I was running 7.1k spirit on heroic Thok Progression with the healing cloak using ToF. I've since bumped up my spirit a bit, since I have an amp trinket.

I fully PW: S blanket 2 groups, and half of 1, in addition to SS on at least 3 groups, and of course I cancel cast Penance in order to get 5 stacks of evangelism between screeches without getting locked from spell casting. On our last kill, we had one resto shaman (not a spirit stacking mana battery), and I believe I got some from 2 priest hymns. No innervates.

I'm almost never hurting for mana. On our siegecrafter attempts I'm nearly full, but that's not a particularly healing intensive fight.