Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Does not completing the content bother you?

Heroic raids are designed to take 6+ months for most progression guilds to learn, but it seems like most guilds never finish before the next tier. On any server there seem to be at most 1-3 guilds that complete all the content. So there is a remainder of 5-7 heroic progression guilds on a 3day schedule that only get up to 12/14H before the end. So there seems to be a world of difference between guilds that down all the bosses in 2 months and farm the rest of the tier, and the guilds that grind ceaselessly for 6+ months, but somehow never get there.

Would it bother you to be in a progression guild that could not complete the content? Would you feel like you were missing out on meaningful content especially when the hardest/most interesting fights are at the end (H firefighter, HLK)?

Not finishing on heroic doesnt bother me, not finishing normal does.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Not anymore.
    Before there was no option not to clear it all (during proper tier). Now during MOP I hardly ever played so got some finished, some not... dont care anymore.

The more elitist or progression oriented you are, the more this bothers you naturally.

But if you're more on the casual side, just seeing garrosh die on any lesser difficulty than heroic is more than good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not downing heroics doesn't bother me. I usually get 2-3 heroic bosses each tier, but if i were unable to down normal it would.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    Not finishing on heroic doesnt bother me, not finishing normal does.
    Want to pick your brain for a second. Suppose there was only LFR and normal difficulties. And even though you knew it's not that hard to complete normal, would you be satisfied with only completing LFR?

Is heroic different from this? Because seems like normal is something most progression guilds finish in a month.

And would it bother you more if you were 12/14H than 3/14H?

No. I've raided since Vanilla, and if I'm not able to clear the content, that's fine with me. I was able to clear heroic ToT before 5.4, and that was pretty awesome, but if I don't kill Heroic Garrosh by the time Warlords comes out, no big deal (even though that'd be a disappointment right now since we're working on heroic Paragons this week).

It would bother me immensely, and it did in my previous guild. That's one reason I left.

Guess i'll be the first here to say yes it bothers me. I was tired of always being in a guild good enough to make it to the last boss on heroic, but never kill them. Getting all bosses down on heroic is the finish line for me. I want the special mount/title/prestiege feeling of that last boss. And the completionist side of me because i can say ive seen every boss on every difficulty, there isnt a boss out there i havent downed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not finishing them on flex,normal,heroic i don't give a fraction of a percent of care to it...if i don't see it in lfr i would be very let down

Deleted
    Not really, theres usually a reason as to why and mostly theres newer content around the corner I'd much rather focus on.

Yes, it would bother me not being able to complete Heroic. I am a completionist, after all.

I know someday I will have to let it go, though. Heroic takes way too much time, and the day will come when I can't spare this much time to a game.

When this day comes, I will change to consider completion being Normal mode. Just this time is not now. Not yet.

Deleted
    I will be pretty gutted if so some reason I don't complete this tier HC before the next xpac. Luckily my server has ALOT of HC guilds so I can't see that happening thankfully.

Not so much anymore. Too many difficulty modes to honestly give a shit anymore. Ill complete 75% of an instance on heroic each tier at least. If anything the instances are just too long and its just becoming a unsatisfying grind.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'd rather have new content at a faster pace than continue to slam into the current content for months on end. Farming isn't fun, doing new things is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not being able to finish the content on Normal bothers me quite a bit, but, when it comes to Heroic, I'm not really too bothered.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't bother me at all but then again I am not a progression raider. Hell, I doubt I would even call myself a raider at all these days.

I haven't downed a single normal mode boss during this expansion and I am completely happy with that. The different levels of access mean very little to me. Once you have seen and defeated an encounter I consider it done, whether it be LFR or Heroic.

I'm insanely upset that I won't be downing the last 3 pre-nerf, even though we were close to Siegecrafter after our holiday break. So yes, I would preferably completely the complete content before it's nerfed or old.

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    I'm insanely upset that I won't be downing the last 3 pre-nerf, even though we were close to Siegecrafter after our holiday break. So yes, I would preferably completely the complete content before it's nerfed or old.
    Garrosh isnt getting nerfed, yet. Just Siegecrafter and Paragons

Quote Originally Posted by RoughJustice View Post
    Garrosh isnt getting nerfed, yet. Just Siegecrafter and Paragons
    That's true, but he was mostly a gear check than anything, which, coming along later than everyone else, our average raid ilvl will already be high enough to execute the encounter.

But that's the price you pay. There always has to be some balance between being in a guild you like and one that progresses at the level you want to. Sometimes you can have both.