Prot advice for garrosh 10n

Hey guys,
    finally my raid group has reached garrosh last week. We have some try(noone of us would ever imagined we'll down paragon that night), pushing him to phase 2 only 2 time.
    We were 3 healing, so lacking some dps to push phase earlier(read guides/topic on this fight and most of them advice to 2 heal).
    Any advice for glyph/talent? HP vs LH?
    is worth to blown defensive CD(GoaK, pain sup, ardent) in phase one?

group composition tonight will be like:

prot pally
    blood dk

resto shaman/disc/monk

destro
    ret
    frost mage
    rogue
    shadow priest

i can switch the monk for another frost mage if 2 heal.

Thanks in advance for every reply!!
    Wyrden @ well of eternity EU

p.s. love the juicy 260k tanking big boy

What killing you in P1? with 3 healers that phase should be a complete joke in terms of dmg being to much to heal.

as for glyphs you need to get rid of battle healer, that glyph is a nerfed to hell. Id also drop holy avenger talent and swap it with divine purpose.
    Last edited by Evoix; 2014-01-20 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    Depending how you do P2 you won't need your big CDs there. Use your Guardian during 2nd add wave if its helps. Use unglyphed DP for p2 when stacks get higher. Focused Shield glyph is a single target dos push but not using the glyph helps with dealing with the mindcontrolls a lot.

As I said, we have only a few tries on garrosh, as we expect to be on paragon all night. So for tonight all know what to do, i'll say we should push p2 every attempt.
    I'll get rid of battle healer, any valid substitute? Usually i'll swap between DP and final wrath (or the one that stun elemental ex. norushen)
    For HA vs DP, i'll prefer HA for the reliability of having fast BoG stack for Eternal Flame.
    Ty for the advices! Gonna see tonight how it'll go!

I highly recommend 2 healing it tonight, the fight is a lot more smooth with more dps. start learning the fight that way. If you start 3 healing and drop down to 2 most of the time they wont be accustomed to healing through the dmg and itll cause more wipes. Make sure you are using your tanking cloak, itll more than likely proc at least once for each of the tanks so it saves wipes.

you're right around 40% haste, thats pretty close to having 5 stacks built before the old one falls off isnt it? Honestly the only fight i use HA for is malk so i can get an full power EF right away other than that DP works far better.

For garrosh

glyphs i run are DP 20%-20%, Focused shield (i tank garrosh on p1 so dont worry about adds), and Alabaster shield.

as far lvl 90 talents, i used to use holy prism for garrosh but i find that hammer works way better.

Thank you, Evoix!
    I'll give a try to DP tonight. I'm using the tank cloak, that's a hell of damage in this fight :S
    last question: will be better to use BL in p2 or p3?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrden View Post
    Thank you, Evoix!
    I'll give a try to DP tonight. I'm using the tank cloak, that's a hell of damage in this fight :S
    If using bloodlust in p2 will give you one less empowered whirling corruption its worth considering. BL is best used for P3 though.

As to CD's. Use them early and often. Until you get a cracking eternal flame up you can possibly be a bit spikey and to be honest in p2 if you can keep your self heal up you'll be fine with DP.

If p1 adds are a problem, you might consider having your disc priest smite the engineers to death (if you are currently using a dps to kill them). That gives you one more dps who isn't moving back and forth on the adds; more so if your rogue was doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Without actually dropping a healer.

My guild kills using 2.5 healers. Our disc is on full "dps" mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrden View Post
    Thank you, Evoix!
    We tried BL at many differnt points in the fight and found the best time is when he starts the transition to P3. He stands there for a good 10 sec where the raid can nuke him and not worry about any thing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    Problem with that is any damage done to him during the transition doesn't transfer into p3. Best to lust right AS p3 actually starts.
    Wat?
    Garrosh simply gains 20% health once he reaches p3 - the only time you waste damage is if you get him to 0% (something you don't have to worry about on your first kill)

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Wat?
    Garrosh simply gains 20% health once he reaches p3 - the only time you waste damage is if you get him to 0% (something you don't have to worry about on your first kill)
    ^ what Nillo said. If you do no dmg he will be at 30%, the more you can burn down while hes standing there the less you have to deal with durring P3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evoix View Post
    glyphs i run are DP 20%-20%, Focused shield (i tank garrosh on p1 so dont worry about adds), and Alabaster shield.

as far lvl 90 talents, i used to use holy prism for garrosh but i find that hammer works way better.
    Since most of the damage is magic there is no reason to glyph it. Focused shield glyph also not so good imho since unglyphed you can damage both MCd players but its not bad if you use the glyph. Final wrath sure is good. Hammer oder Prism really doesn't matter much. Prism can be used during all whirling phases and may save a melee that way. Hammer can be used during every 2nd phase.