Fire Mage Mastery for PvP?

I was just wondering if going haste>mastery instead of crit for PvP would be viable since with Molten Armor and Arcane Intellect your crit chance is pretty much 100% on frozen targets (I think). Anybody ever tried this out or think it'd work decently?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hotstreak only procs from fire crits.

What? I know. On frozen targets your fire spells have 100% or close to 100% chance to crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezachulator View Post
    I was just wondering if going haste>mastery instead of crit for PvP would be viable since with Molten Armor and Arcane Intellect your crit chance is pretty much 100% on frozen targets (I think). Anybody ever tried this out or think it'd work decently?
    You don't get much frozen time as Fire though as your dots will break Frost Nova almost instantly. Though with control it can be done, just yeah it's not reliable in BG's at least and for Arena I would think it's a bit too weak for high ratings.

Also going Mastery= less Pyroblasts, which are the biggest hitting things. Combustion can be dispelled, so it can't be trusted as a damage resource. But then again I haven't pvp'd since they nerfed PvE gear in BGs so my PoV might be off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery builds can be easily counted by a defensive dispel, which is had by warlocks, any healer, and a myriad of various other specs. So by going mastery, you would be less viable against any comp with any of those classes.

If there is NO friendly dispel in a comp, then mastery builds are plenty good, but as you will have less overall crits, you'll have to time yourself around deep freeze windows for maximum burst potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Alrighty, probably just going to stay crit then, wanted to get some information on it before I spent the gold. Thanks guys!

Anyone know of a successful Fire Mage whose Armory I can look at for gearing strategies?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Anyone know of a successful Fire Mage whose Armory I can look at for gearing strategies?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hansol/simple

Hansol is probably the lead Fire Mage in the PVP scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Myxel View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hansol/simple

Hansol is probably the lead Fire Mage in the PVP scene.
    Awesome, thanks for the link! I was afraid I went too far in assuming that 2 Crit > 1 Int for PvP as well. Time to re-gem as I replace my pieces!