Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Do most black people know that whites and such don't give a crap about MLK
    Speak for yourself, imperial wizard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drove home from vacation. Yay?

Also, here's a bit of fun trivia: Occasionally, Alabama, Arkansas, and Mississippi celebrate Robert E. Lee day on the same day as Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Ah, the south...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

p0rnhub, ebony category only today.

Did not celebrate, just another day as far as I'm concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I marshalled an airplane in his honor. Or something. I dunno, I didn't even realize it was MLK day until right now.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    I watched MLKj Speech, then I also watched RFK's Speech.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    had sex with my black girlfriend and now we are eating pizza
    good boy, that's how you celebrate that day!

Woke up, spent an hour laughing at the typical racist comments online, had a bunch of MLK speeches blasting while I took a shower and ate breakfast with my white girlfriend and her mom, took my girl to the gun range to shoot at targets of Hoover, then took her back to my place, and had sex with her on my African print sheets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Do most black people know that whites and such don't give a crap about MLK and it's just a token holiday meant to appease them?
    Who says I don't care about MLK? Great guy, one of my heroes.

But I had a full day of work today and so I didn't even realize it was his day.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Who says I don't care about MLK? Great guy, one of my heroes.

But I had a full day of work today and so I didn't even realize it was his day.
    It's called "projecting".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    ate breakfast with my white girlfriend and her mom
    Do you mention the skin color of your girlfriend frequently or just on the internet? Because her skincolor is not her fault.

Asking for the skin color of a criminal = > racist
    Mentioning the skin color of your partner when talking about breakfast => tolerant

If you think her skincolor has any relevance to the Story I think it's very discriminating.
    Thats not in the spirit of MLK
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-01-21 at 06:56 AM.

I went to work.

Fabircation plants do not take days off, so I cant either.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Do you mention the skin color of your girlfriend frequently or just on the internet because her skincolor is not her fault.

Asking for the skin color of a criminal = > racist
    Mentioning the skin color of your partner when talking about breakfast => tolerant

If you think her skincolor has any relevance to the Story I think it's very discriminating.
    Thats not in the spirit of MLK
    Rarely ever, tbh. Odd though, that you didn't ask Gutnbrg that same thing. As he was quoted in the post right above mine. And MLK specifically mentioned white people in a polite manner his most infamous speech, as well. So it's pretty much in tune with the holiday.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2014-01-21 at 07:00 AM.

Got yelled at by ghetto people when calling to schedule an appointment for their home inspection for insurance purposes. Apparently, I'm an awful person for calling them during a normal work day for something that is a service to them. One, and I quote, said, "How dare you call on Saint Martin Luther King Jr's day? You needs to reflect and praise your saint instead of insulting us with your interruption." People piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Serem View Post
    Got yelled at by ghetto people when calling to schedule an appointment for their home inspection for insurance purposes. Apparently, I'm an awful person for calling them during a normal work day for something that is a service to them. One, and I quote, said, "How dare you call on Saint Martin Luther King Jr's day? You needs to reflect and praise your saint instead of insulting us with your interruption." People piss me off.
    Coincidentally I got yelled at for wearing a cartoon MLK shirt at the gun range, by a few confederate flag wearing hicks. So I know what's it's like to encounter idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grew up in Montgomery, Alabama.
    Some people flip their shit.
    Some people are proud of their heritage.
    Some people celebrate Robert E. Lee Day.
    Most people don't care, as it's another day that the bank is closed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Coincidentally I got yelled at for wearing a cartoon MLK shirt at the gun range, by a few confederate flag wearing hicks. So I know what's it's like to encounter idiots.
    You have to say what they screamed and what you said or it won't work.

By reminding myself he was a Communist agitator that didn't even write his own speeches.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

I spent the day on campus, since my college is the only one in the area that doesn't give us the day off. Doesn't bother me, tbh. Not taking anything away from MLK or his contributions, but I don't think we need to be taking time off for anyone's birthday. We have a whole month dedicated to black history, I think that's sufficient. Inc people telling me I'm some kind of ignorant racist, prolly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Working and getting Holiday Pay. Not bad, not bad at all.