Profession question...

So, I was looking at my druid the other day and noticed I could mine a Pandaria node to get little ghost iron nuggets. I read into it and saw that they did the same thing with herbs I believe?

But skinning still requires a high level skill?

So I guess my question is: I wanted to level leatherworking but didn't know if they had changed it to be similar or not. I noticed on my blacksmith that it had somekind of training exercises at max level that didn't earn me any points. Does leatherworking have similar now? Could I just use my pandaria leather to level leatherworking from level 1? Or do I have to go back and collect the countless mats?

Why did they change it for mining and herbalism but not the other gathering profession of skinning? I guess I missed these patch notes awhile back... lol

Skinning and Leatherworking have yet to be revamped. Only Mining, Herbing and Blacksmithing have been worked on as far as I am aware.

If you count secondaries at all, cooking has as well. there seemed to be a half-hearted push for people to be able to catch up their trade skills with pandaria mats/time spent, but it certainly didnt get very far towards most of them.

With the introduction of the free level 90, I would expect to see it for ALL professions come WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    With the introduction of the free level 90, I would expect to see it for ALL professions come WoD.
    Please. ALL professions need a major update, the way you level, the way you craft, the rarity of items you craft, everything. A complete redo, I would pay tons of money to get professions redone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the word nugget.

Nugget, nugget NUGGET!

OT: LW has always been a pain in the arse, I feel compared to other proffessions the material requirements are way too high and the yield from skinning mobs way too low.

Deleted
    I've moved this over to our professions section.

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Please. ALL professions need a major update, the way you level, the way you craft, the rarity of items you craft, everything. A complete redo, I would pay tons of money to get professions redone.
    No disagreements here, but I don't think we're going to see that with this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    I love the word nugget.

Nugget, nugget NUGGET!

OT: LW has always been a pain in the arse, I feel compared to other proffessions the material requirements are way too high and the yield from skinning mobs way too low.
    I find Tailoring to be worse. At least with LW, you find a pack of animal mobs and kill the shit out of them. You are guaranteed 1 per kill if not more. On the other hand, with Tailoring, you find a pack of mobs and hope that you get some cloth to drop.

I find Tailoring to be worse. At least with LW, you find a pack of animal mobs and kill the shit out of them. You are guaranteed 1 per kill if not more. On the other hand, with Tailoring, you find a pack of mobs and hope that you get some cloth to drop.
    That's what farming old(er) instances are for. Gathering the whole instance, AoE, loot your crapton of cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    That's what farming old(er) instances are for. Gathering the whole instance, AoE, loot your crapton of cloth.
    That works well until you get to wool. Wool has always been a pain in the ass.

That works well until you get to wool. Wool has always been a pain in the ass.
    Things may have changed, but I find the Stockades great for wool, unless you're horde...