Changelist.txt ?

So I haven't played D3 at all since like...last May, and I haven't kept up with RoS at all.

-Are the stats super inflated at 70? I was hearing things like people having 200k+ health at 70 and such.
    -How exactly is "loot 2.0" working out?
    -Any significant class changes?
    -Any significant changes in general?

RoS is still just in beta/on the PTR, so we have no word on the final changes. And I'll leave comments on the current iteration to people who have actually been on either test server.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    -Are the stats super inflated at 70? I was hearing things like people having 200k+ health at 70 and such.
    There is quite an inflation. Anyway, at 60 it's not uncommon to have 100k-ish hp, and the new toughness/damage/healing system brings completely new relative values. Also you'll need bigger hp pools since the removal of life steal (no more instant refill with huge crits).

-How exactly is "loot 2.0" working out?
    It's working out pretty damn good. Don't care about people whining that they don't drop upgrades - usually they are with ubergeared chars from Vanilla which don't really need upgrades and are used to have 200+ MF from paragon levels alone (MF overall and NV stacks have been removed altogether).

-Any significant class changes?
    Too many to list them here. A lot of abilities have been reworked and runes changed to make them more competitive. Worth noticing that all ability synergies affecting temporary buffs/cooldowns (read: perma archon and perma WW barb) have been broken - they are meant to be cooldowns and not have 100% uptime.

-Any significant changes in general?
    Well, all of the above. Plus the difficulty system completely changed (mobs level with you and you put a difficulty level on top of it) and the addition of adventure mode/bounties/rifts that should bring more variation to the grinding. I don't have beta unfortunately so i haven't tested them on first hand.

All that said: don't expect to find RoS a completely different game. It's d3 after all - the point is farm to get gear to farm better to get better gear etc. Anyway the improvements are substantial (while there's always room for bigger improvement); if you read the forums you'll find basically everyone (MVP included) complaining and whining about everything).

My advice: download the PTR and try it. Even if you try it for 30 minutes, you'll have a better idea than just reading this post. Also, you get to try the new system without spoilering new content
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's working out pretty damn good. Don't care about people whining that they don't drop upgrades - usually they are with ubergeared chars from Vanilla which don't really need upgrades and are used to have 200+ MF from paragon levels alone (MF overall and NV stacks have been removed altogether).
    I do agree that many go in with almost bis gear from vanilla on ptr and complain that they do not find any upgrades.
    However. I tried on the ptr. With a naked witch doctor. Only item i had was a middle of the tree skorn with socket.
    I crafted 1 item for each slot and went hunting. In 3 hours i only found 2 upgrades to my current gear. The crafted one. Either i crafted the best gear in the world (which i didnt. All items had level reduction) or dropped items doesnt really work. I cant see myself ever getting to t6 when i didnt even find gear enough for hard within 3 hours of nonstop killing

Gonna do a new a test soon with a friend. Go completly naked. Buy everything from a vendor and get "boosted" for 5 hours. See then which level i can far alone. And by earlier experience. Not higher than expert with luck.

But all in all. its a ptr. Shit might be bugged out of the moon so it might be better when it go live. But there is a small chance that its just as bad

Well last post on diablofans explained that first part of the beta had very high drop rates to stress test affixed and receive a lot of feedback on legendaries - their idea is to have 1 legendary drop roughly every 2 hours (only from kills), there's already a system that normalizes the drops a little and the biggest sources of legendary drops should be bounties and especially rifts, plus a small chance from gambling.

In PTR, legendaries don't drop that often, it's true - but a lot of people just aren't in beta and while people complain about rifts being repetitive, the drops chances should be on line with final expectations. Too many legendary drops and all become suddendly boring and not exciting.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

>-Are the stats super inflated at 70? I was hearing things like people having 200k+ health at 70 and such.

Health and monster damage are vastly inflated at level 70. 200k is low. My crappily geared DH has 400k.

>-How exactly is "loot 2.0" working out?

It's not live yet. On PTR and Beta a common complaint is that legendary drop rates are too low. One of the Blizzard designers just today announced a hotfix that will double them. Loot 2.0 is definitely still being tested. Lots of kinks to work out.

>-Any significant class changes?

Yes, many. But those are still being worked on too. If I were you I'd just wait till RoS comes out before reading up on them and getting excited over something that could still be changed. Example: there was a legendary that made strafe cost no hatred. As a demon hunter I was ecstatic and could not wait to get this bow. However, they removed it and then changed its effect entirely to something considerably less awesome.

>-Any significant changes in general?

For RoS my "summary" is something like this - keep in mind RoS is the expansion and will not be released until March 25. Until then you can experience some of this content on the PTR:

- 1 new skill and 5 new runes for every class
    - many skill changes for every class
    - new class
    - new max level and 2 new item tiers
    - new act
    - difficulty settings overhauled. Normal/nightmare/hell/inferno & monster power have all been removed. Instead you have 10 Difficulty settings that can be activated at any time at any level. Normal/hard/expert/master/torment I - torment VI. Note that difficulty can only be lowered from within game.
    - adventure mode, bounties & rifts
    - blood shards & gambling added
    - New artisan with transmog & enchant systems
    - New gem & several new gem tiers above marquise. New max level rare ring recipe added for jeweler
    - New blacksmith recipes, including a new legendary crafting system
    - Clans have been added - similar to guilds in WoW
    - Overhaul to ubers fight. New boss fight added. 4 machines instead of 1. 4 keys instead of 3. New hellfire ring recipe.
    - Paragon 2.0, loot 2.0, auction house removal.

The highest difficulty, Torment VI is nearly unplayable for anyone below maxlevel. The health values of mobs are so over the top it's not funny anymore. The very first zombie you encounter at level 1 with a new character has 1000~ HP (you are doing 4~ DPS). At level 60 Torment VI mobs have 40 million for the weakest white mob up to 1.2 billion for elite, while act bosses to have way more health (2 billion plus) and Ubers even more. While the mobs don't do more damage than MP10 today the healthpools are so over the top that it is impossible to kill anything in a reasonable time. At level 70 Torment VI may be "farmable" for BIS equipped characters. Keep also in mind, that the monsters now always scale with level, so at Torment VI level 70 we are taling about Health values in the hundred billions plus.

But you are getting 3000% EXP and GF bonus, yay

Woot, something to strive for!