Thread: arcane mastery

arcane mastery

hello. i want to ask you fellow mages, if there is a cap on mastery as arcane. i sit now at 100.2 mastery raid buffed , with 9810 haste (28.08% raid buffed) and 26% crit.
    here is my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hapciu/simple
    thank you.
    Last edited by s0rel; 2014-01-29 at 07:39 PM.

Deleted
    Short answer - nope
    Long answer - the more the better

I like the long answer. thanks

No. Mastery does not cap (for most specs*) nor does it suffer from diminishing returns in any regard.

* Most specs because most tank specs can have a hard-cap, such as Warrior's Critical Block or Paladin's Divine Bulwark. Having higher than a 100% chance to block doesn't do anything for you. As for Mages, no, we are not affected by this in any of our 3 specs.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Ele sham as well caps at 100% overloads

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    No. Mastery does not cap (for most specs*) nor does it suffer from diminishing returns in any regard.

* Most specs because most tank specs can have a hard-cap, such as Warrior's Critical Block or Paladin's Divine Bulwark. Having higher than a 100% chance to block doesn't do anything for you. As for Mages, no, we are not affected by this in any of our 3 specs.
    i thought so too, but is better to ask when you are not sure. thanks for explanation

Its just a damage buff so no you can never cap unlike some other classes.

So you guys are sure that if you get past 100% mastery, the damage effect is not decayed?

Quote Originally Posted by s0rel View Post
    i thought so too, but is better to ask when you are not sure. thanks for explanation
    It's all good! Asking questions is how you get better at this game, for those who don't ask stay at the LFR level all their life.

Quote Originally Posted by palanicuzz View Post
    So you guys are sure that if you get past 100% mastery, the damage effect is not decayed?
    I don't see why it would. They never mentioned anything about Mastery caps for ones that don't have a hard-cap (e.g., Warrior/Paladin tank), so no, you should be fine. Haven't you seen how ridiculous Blood Shield stacks for Death Knights now? There isn't a Mastery cap. If you don't believe us, do the math yourself once you pass 100%!

TL;DR: Yes. We're sure.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.