Boomkin - Endless 30 Proving Grounds

Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to get Endless 30 done on my Boomkin, so far I've made it to wave 24 in ~5 tries.
    I'm interested to see if anyone would have any advice on this, and has anyone actually made Endless 30 since 5.4?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Xinti/advanced

I am streaming it so I will upload a video of it on the forum's if I eventually get it done.

To quote a guildie who did it as Balance: "Thank god I do have to do that again." I believe Hamlet has PG guide, but I'm having trouble locating it.

But yes, it's very possible, it's just a pain in the ass.

Personally I decided I'll just farm BiS gear for it before seriously attempting it. Even gold was a pain, but getting through endless 30 is going to be fun.

Edit: Cyous, I believe Hamlet only has Proven Healer guides, not Proven Assailant as Balance.

Edit 2: This post has a few interesting suggestions from people who got through it. You may wish to skim through it
    Last edited by Sertii; 2014-04-05 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sertii View Post
    Personally I decided I'll just farm BiS gear for it before seriously attempting it. Even gold was a pain, but getting through endless 30 is going to be fun.

Edit: Cyous, I believe Hamlet only has Proven Healer guides, not Proven Assailant as Balance.
    I mainly miss legs & boots from Raden that would give me a bonus socket each, other than that my gear is near BiS. The only thing i could change are my gems from Crit > Haste to reach the 5k haste cap, which I'm not sure if it will be better. And get 160 Int gems over orange ones.

I used a full Int/Mastery Build with DoC and Inc. Just stay in one Eclipse and spam Moon/Sun-Fire and fill with SS-proccs.

Using UVOL and DMC as Trinkets. Managed to get a 800k Crit which i felt was a lot in 463. It also reminded me of early Cata playstyle and was really fun.
    "Pathes emerge , by walking them."

Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post
    I used a full Int/Mastery Build with DoC and Inc. Just stay in one Eclipse and spam Moon/Sun-Fire and fill with SS-proccs.

Using UVOL and DMC as Trinkets. Managed to get a 800k Crit which i felt was a lot in 463. It also reminded me of early Cata playstyle and was really fun.

this is what i did, w/ Alch stone and on-use int trinket

the haste breakpoint is useless because youll be overwriting dots to much + playing outside of nature's grace for most of the wave. i recorded mine and can upload it if you want. i didnt upload it before because i messed up a LOT on my actual success run and its embarassing and stupid, heh. if you want i will though.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    this is what i did, w/ Alch stone and on-use int trinket

the haste breakpoint is useless because youll be overwriting dots to much + playing outside of nature's grace for most of the wave. i recorded mine and can upload it if you want. i didnt upload it before because i messed up a LOT on my actual success run and its embarassing and stupid, heh. if you want i will though.
    Sure if you don't mind uploading it , think I get the idea though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SRGsN16sgU

here you go, i attribute the obvious fuck ups to playing at 4AM crashing hard on energy drinks. i think the thing that makes moonkin proving grounds so awful is that we don't get to reset every wave - for us its a 30 minute encounter because if our eclipse bar isn't played perfectly we fall behind. i would have lost this one if i didn't get lucky RNG on starsurges to help me catch up inbetween my screw ups. i told myself i'd go back and get a "real" win one of these days... but UGH

gems: int and int/crit gems

reforge: crit > mastery > haste

talents: 1/1/2/2/2/2

trinkets: zen alchemist stone & static-caster's medallion

professions: alchemy/engineering
    Last edited by crunk; 2014-04-06 at 04:53 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/fountainx/c/3840863

I got to wave 47 or 48, I think, using that strat. Plenty of mistakes were made . Did it pretty easy once I found a good way to use cooldowns and some cute positioning on the later waves.

I also apparently did it with like 16.5% hit. Didn't even notice at the time, lol.

Edit: I also use Force of Nature. I just did with incarn for fun, but trees are better and you can talent-swap wave 30.
    Last edited by Fountaiin; 2014-04-06 at 07:10 AM.

Made it to wave 37, changed around gems and reforges, and took FoN over Incarnation. Didn't really change my play style to moonfire spamming very much though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgAK8fsJPG4

Here's a guide I wrote when I first did it back in September. I've done it a few more times since then and I've found that it's easier with FoN instead of Incarnation and that an on-use trinket isn't really necessary, but everything else is pretty much the same.

Is PTR still up?
    I'd totally try it and try to give you some help with it. But I kind of don't have a Druid.

(Given it seems a lot of the posts here are more help than I could hope to be )
    Last edited by NabsTheCracker; 2014-04-06 at 08:38 PM.