Darkening a shiny mouse matt

Hello!

I have a Roccat Alumic mouse pad (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=GS-006-RC) and i absolutely love it. However for some reason the lazer of my mouse (g600) will catch on the really shiny bits and becomes non responsive in those sections.

On the control side (the black side) it seems to catch on the white roccat logo, on the speed side (the blue side) it catches on the pale bits where the blue transitions to white and then hits the logo.

I have tried to colour in these sections using a black permanent marker, although it works for a while on the control side it does wear off after some time.

Does anyone have any tips for a more permanent solution without drastically changing the surface?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why people still use mousepads, but like you noticed from your attempts, paint will scratch off over time and any other solution would change the surface. Have you tried emailing the shop and tell them your problem?
    PM me weird stuff :3

i bought this several months ago so i cant really RMA it, i can get by with using the left side of the control pad just fine. would just be nice to have more arm room and freedom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Not sure why people still use mousepads
    Because years of mouse usage will tend to wreck the desk surface. You'll wear the veneer clean off the fibreboard. Therefore, you need something to protect it.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Not sure why people still use mousepads
    Better response time from the mouse might have something to do with it.