10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    PPV buys continue to plummet for pretty much everything (MMA may be different. I don't watch it.).
    I don't have any stats, nor do I really care, but I doubt most people buy a PPV ticket to such events when they can go to a bar and watch for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I don't have any stats, nor do I really care, but I doubt most people buy a PPV ticket to such events when they can go to a bar and watch for free.
    If there was any boxing worth a damn I would get the occasional event at home still. Used to really enjoy having a bunch of people over, bbq'ing, drinking, and watching the fights. We'd all split the costs of the food and ppv.

If you're on your own or only you and a couple others it's better to go to a bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    PPV buys continue to plummet for pretty much everything (MMA may be different. I don't watch it.).
    2008-2013 UFC was pulling in some great PPV numbers for their big events. The numbers are starting to drop quite a bit now due to many factors.

Most people just go to bars these days to watch a PPV fight.

If there was any boxing worth a damn I would get the occasional event at home still. Used to really enjoy having a bunch of people over, bbq'ing, drinking, and watching the fights. We'd all split the costs of the food and ppv.

If you're on your own or only you and a couple others it's better to go to a bar.
    I used to do that with MMA as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Is boxing even relevant anymore? I hardly ever see any advertisements for fights. It's all MMA or pro wrestling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is boxing even relevant anymore? I hardly ever see any advertisements for fights. It's all MMA or pro wrestling.
    There is usually one big fight a year and those usually involve Mayweather.

Heavyweight boxing has been a joke for a couple decades. The smaller guys were putting on top notch fights until a bunch of them got too old. Once Mayweather retires I'm not sure the industry will be able to exist as it is.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    + 39

Bed time. Night everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching Korra now, on season 2.
    I don't understand why people keep saying she has to be neutral, sure in general she does but nation X attacking and occupying nation Y should be a no brainer as to what side the avatr would take, that's still neutral because if Y attacked X she would still be there to prevent the occupation, Aang wasn't exactly neutral in his "stop the fire nation" plot if you look at it the way they are. So stupid, just let her free the south dammit! Also go avatar form and turn into a giant water beast and own the south ships please. She's supposed to be a prodigy, and although she is learning the basics of each bending style fairly quickly, she is no where near as powerful as Aang was and he was like 12 and had to search the world for people to train him, she's been getting trained since she was a young child.

Deleted
    + 40

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Watching Korra now, on season 2.
    I don't understand why people keep saying she has to be neutral, sure in general she does but nation X attacking and occupying nation Y should be a no brainer as to what side the avatr would take, that's still neutral because if Y attacked X she would still be there to prevent the occupation, Aang wasn't exactly neutral in his "stop the fire nation" plot if you look at it the way they are. So stupid, just let her free the south dammit! Also go avatar form and turn into a giant water beast and own the south ships please. She's supposed to be a prodigy, and although she is learning the basics of each bending style fairly quickly, she is no where near as powerful as Aang was and he was like 12 and had to search the world for people to train him, she's been getting trained since she was a young child.
    In regards to attitude/ability wise, they're not comparable. They've each had their own challenges and issues with being the avatar. Aang couldn't control the avatar state for shit. He made a fuckton of mistakes too. He was more spiritual. Korra isn't at all. She's a much better practical bender.
    I don't get why people still hold him to some pedestal when Korra is a whole different matter. They both have their weaknesses, and strengths.
    Hell, Korra was adept at earth, fire and water at a young age. Didn't unlock air till much older. Aang's bending was a complete reversal with his only mastery being air till he began travelling the world.

And the avatar has to keep balance and peace. The fire nation were the aggressors, that's why Aang had to deal with them. This is but a minor occupation by the north, and technically governmental-wise at this time they're a joint entity (the north has power over the south too, politics-wise), what they're doing is technically justified.

- - - Updated - - -

Aang also had to learn bending faster to save the world. Fuck, he vanished for a hundred years so he kinda has to make it up to the world by working fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Have a random, semi-relevant funny.

Deleted
    I didn't like Maroon5's new album.

+ 41 I think

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    + 42

Deleted
    + 40

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is though, she's not really that powerful a bender at any of the elements. She was super fast at learning the basics but at least so far there hasn't been any great bending shown in Korra (by anyone, not just Korra) unless you count blood bending. Aang seems stronger than her with just air bending than she is with all four in all honesty. He may not have been able to control the avatar state but he was far more powerful while in it than Korra has demonstrated to be thus far.
    Last edited by Anakso; 2014-08-30 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I didn't like Maroon5's new album.
    First half is good + the Gwen collab. Rest was.. ehh.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    The problem is though, she's not really that powerful a bender at any of the elements. She was super fast at learning the basics but at least so far there hasn't been any great bending shown in Korra (by anyone, not just Korra) unless you count blood bending. Aang seems stronger than her with just air bending than she is with all four in all honesty. He may not have been able to control the avatar state but he was far more powerful while in it than Korra has demonstrated to be thus far.
    I think that's just Republic City and the fact that bending technique has majorly been watered down, lacking uniqueness and that flair that bending used to have.
    Korra is a very adept bender, it's just that her opponents have also been extremely skilled/powerful too. Note that the only actually powerful people that Aang fought were really Azula and Ozai. Everyone else was very mediocre.
    And Aang's avatar state was unrestrained power. It was messy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, messy but effective.
    I mean, when people did things that Aang needed to stop, and they were in front of him, he stopped them. Through force or fear (via the avatar state, like when he found the sand benders that stole Appa)
    Korra seems more likely to just accept it or run so far. "Oh your ships are occupying my village, dats coo"
    And the only opponent she's faced so far that seemed very powerful has been the blood bender, I know in S3 there are some crazy powerful benders but in S1/2 they're all fairly mediocre, bar that blood bender.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ELYPOP View Post
    First half is good + the Gwen collab. Rest was.. ehh.
    I liked Maps, Animals and New Love was alright, rest was too boring.