SCH Bug? (Maybe?)

Has anyone else notice, that as a Scholar, you can't have your big protective shield up at the same time as your damage AOE bubble?

I noticed it the other day while running through some instances with some friend. I thought maybe it was just bad timing (damage AOE bubble going off right as the big protective bubble runs out), but no. I cast my damage AOE bubble, and would immediately cast my protective bubble somewhere else, and the damage one would disappear.

Why is it like this? Is it a bug? They're not the same ability, obviously, they do completely different things. So why are they dependent on each other?

I havent noticed this, does the shield just not take effect when you cast Succor?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been like this since launch, if it's a bug it's not getting fixed anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I havent noticed this, does the shield just not take effect when you cast Succor?
    Not Succor. Sacred Scroll and Shadow Flare. The protection bubble and the damage bubble.

You can't have both up at the same time. I've tested this in CT with many people. I've tested it in various hardmode instances with a small group. I've even tested it by myself. You can't have them both up at the same time. Which sucks, because they're completely different moves and make no mention of "not being able to be used with X"

EDIT: Basically you can cast one and everything is fine, but as soon as you cast the other ability and the cast timer finishes, the second bubble will appear and the first one will go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bug it's been that way since launch. One is a buff to the party, one is a debuff to the enemy. The debuff imo is really powerful even if it's a tiny slow that reduces damage. I presume it's having Sacred Soil and Shadow Flare up would be pretty broken for mobs and bosses that get affected. Granted you could just have a summoner do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's not a bug it's been that way since launch. One is a buff to the party, one is a debuff to the enemy. The debuff imo is really powerful even if it's a tiny slow that reduces damage. I presume it's having Sacred Soil and Shadow Flare up would be pretty broken for mobs and bosses that get affected. Granted you could just have a summoner do it.
    If it's not a bug, then it should have some kind of indication that neither can be used together in the tooltip or something. Just leaving it like that makes the design look amateurish and broken.

If it's not a bug, then it should have some kind of indication that neither can be used together in the tooltip or something. Just leaving it like that makes the design look amateurish and broken
    Completely agree. If it's not a bug, then something needs to be added to the tooltips of those abilities mentioning that they can't be used together.