Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Looting greens in LFR

Why is needing allowed? Obviously it's going to become mandatory to need every green with 25 random people as to not get ninjaed on all of them.

Deleted
    does it matter? they are greens. i need everything that drops in lfr these days, if im going to spend time in there i might as well try and get some more gold from it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well personally I don't do LFR for the green trash, if it's that big of a deal then need them yourself.

We are talking about 0 to a max of 18 Gold per run per Person...

If tis biggest Problem right now, you are quite a happy human beeing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Why is needing allowed? Obviously it's going to become mandatory to need every green with 25 random people as to not get ninjaed on all of them.
    I always greed/de em and i win lots. Most group when someone needs alot they get vote kicked. Its not that big a deal for me

You all are kinda missing the point.

I put vote kick always, if the others dont like it either then he will get handled.

Deleted
    nay got ur point just don't care enough about it one way or the other

I think you're missing the point. First, it's not "ninjaing" to need on a green. Poor etiquette, sure, and you might get vote-kicked. But everyone else has the same opportunity to need on it.

Second, and more importantly, who cares? It used to piss me off, then I decided it wasn't worth the anguish and moved on.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    does it matter? they are greens. i need everything that drops in lfr these days, if im going to spend time in there i might as well try and get some more gold from it.
    How often do you get kicked for that?
    People need on stuff all the time out of accident, and usually immediately say so with an apology..
    Seen it happen both ways, and 3 out of 4 times the "ninja" needer gets kicked.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Eh would be lame if you also need on the occasional ilvl 450 level 85 BoE, only to vendor/DE. Some people are uninformed, but I hate when a blue drops and people instantly need. Blue in LFR means BoE, go ahead and need everything, but greed the blues. Depending on server, they usually sell for 500-1500g.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madhava View Post
    I always greed/de em and i win lots. Most group when someone needs alot they get vote kicked. Its not that big a deal for me
    I've needed the zul aman leather greenies in ToT when I ran into them, because the set looks really nice and I wanted to complete them. I've never been kicked because of that and at most I got was a "lol need" where I replied "lol transmog".

I don't know why people seem to be butt-hurt over others needing on a random greenie. If that is your main source of income, you really need to rethink your playstyle :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I've needed the zul aman leather greenies in ToT when I ran into them, because the set looks really nice and I wanted to complete them. I've never been kicked because of that and at most I got was a "lol need" where I replied "lol transmog".

I don't know why people seem to be butt-hurt over others needing on a random greenie. If that is your main source of income, you really need to rethink your playstyle :|
    To be fair its not like ppl anit asked why they need or to stop it. But like 90% of the time the player never answers and then gets kicked

Update:

Oh and what if I only did lfr and that was all the gold I ever made wow why would that change anything? After all if its only the transmog set that you after you could farm isle of thunder/ah and you can change your playstyle instead
    Last edited by mmoc340b8f9155; 2014-01-22 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why they still allow it...I do notice when someone starts needing on all the greens, but I can't say it honestly bothers me enough to even so much as say anything about it. Generally no one else cares either. If someone points it out, the most I might see is people saying they just really don't even care and they keep going like nothing happened. I haven't seen anyone kicked for needing greens in a long time now.

K, ima start stealing snickers and kit kats. Who cares right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and what if I only did lfr and that was all the gold I ever made wow why would that change anything?
    Then that person would have picked one of the, if not THE, most impractical way of farming gold.
    After all if its only the transmog set that you after you could farm isle of thunder/ah and you can change your playstyle instead
    An item pops up which I need for some reason other than selling or disenchanting it, so I press need. That's what the system is there for.

If you can show me anything in the ToS or EULA that prohibits needing on greens in LFR, I'll let you shoplift candy.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is needing allowed?
    It's allowed because some people might have a legitimate need for the item, either for transmog, or maybe they have not yet filled a slot and it's an upgrade.

Obviously it's going to become mandatory to need every green with 25 random people as to not get ninjaed on all of them.
    Obviously it's not actually that obvious, because it is in fact NOT mandatory to need on greens.

As far as I know, any BoE gear won in LFD/LFR by means of a need roll becomes BoP. So the value of these greens as gold is pretty low, leaving no major incentive for people to roll need on them.

Secondly, if you keep winning greens by means of need rolls, it is highly likely that someone in that group of 25 will notice and draw unwanted attention to you.

Thirdly, if you're not an enchanter yourself, rolling disenchant is likely the easiest course to take for most people - and this is basically a greed roll anyway.

Anyhow the fact that I often win a bit of spirit dust and the occasional green from doing LFR/Flex would indicate that very few people are actually rolling need in order to "ninja" this stuff anyway. So where is the problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Straw man alert!

10+ Year Old Account
    They get vote kicked 90% of the time when I'm in there. I cause a stink about it usually (I don't really do dailies, so that extra gold is more of a big deal) and if he doesn't get booted... well, I'll usually wipe the group in some way or another. Usually, I don't even notice. It's probably my biggest pet peeve aside from the "let them win" people.

I will votekick you every time I see you roll need. I'm that annoying guy that calls you out in raidchat so that half the people will ignore it, half of the remainder will blather about how it's your right to do so since blizzard allows it, but the final quarter will be enough to put you out on your butt.