Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heart of Y'shaarj Whereabouts

I'm sure that I just missed this and it got explained, but could anyone tell me what happens to the Heart of Y'Shaarj after we defeat Garrosh?

It basically turns into a puddle that dissolves IIRC.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xlanonym0uslx View Post
    I'm sure that I just missed this and it got explained, but could anyone tell me what happens to the Heart of Y'Shaarj after we defeat Garrosh?
    if you look up afterwards, its all black and shriveled up
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I believe that garrosh absorbed all of the energy from it in SoO but I am not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goo-i-fied. And that goo appears to be inert - so Y'Shaarj is history.

So there you go, all it takes is an army of titans, unspecified destructive force, thousands of years of darkness, civil war, and some chump extracting the last of their power from a giant divine giblet, but you can kill an Old God.

Deleted
    Yep, not a single trace remains of Y'shaarj which begs the question: "Why did the Titans, who are much more powerful than us, not do that themselves instead of locking it up?". I guess, if Algalon is any indication, we've learned the Titans really don't care about their creations beyond how well they're functioning. Still this half-assed job they did burying the Old Gods is really becoming a pain for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripeyhat View Post
    Yep, not a single trace remains of Y'shaarj which begs the question: "Why did the Titans, who are much more powerful than us, not do that themselves instead of locking it up?"
    I was thinking about this myself, maybe the heart slowly degraded over time and was far too powerful to destroy back when the Titans had it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    I was thinking about this myself, maybe the heart slowly degraded over time and was far too powerful to destroy back when the Titans had it.
    Or the only way to destroy it was to use it up its power which the titans could not or would not do

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    I think it's because none of the titans wanted to spend it's powers making sha-infused super soldiers and gorehowl copies out of it lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I thought for some reason int he Lore, that the Old gods could not be defeated, else all life on Azeroth would die or something, and that is why we can't kill yogg properly.

Edit: Straight from Yoggs WoWWiki page

When the Titans waged war against the Old Gods and shattered their citadels, they found that the entities' infestation had grown so severe that destroying the Old Gods would also lead to the annihilation of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    I thought for some reason int he Lore, that the Old gods could not be defeated, else all life on Azeroth would die or something, and that is why we can't kill yogg properly.
    MoP seems to suggest that the death of an Old God will cause further devastation, the same way the death of Y'Shaarj unleashed the darkness of the Sha upon the world, which infested pandaria for millennia.

Presumably, the Titans were reluctant to repeat what happened with Y'Shaarj, so they chose to imprison the other Old Gods and seal away as much of their influence as they could.

What, exactly, this means for C'Thun and Yogg-Saron, the other two Old Gods we've 'killed' is unclear - are they just injured and will they regenerate to attack again, the way C'Thun did? Are they as dead as Y'Shaarj was, and if so will their deaths unleash more corruption and devastation like the Sha? Or have they been taken out entirely the way Y'Shaarj was and will we never have to worry about them again?

Can't say - although it was suggested that the reason Deathwing and the Old Gods chose to set off the Cataclysm when they did might have been related to the defeat of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron. Perhaps their deaths did in some way weaken Azeroth enough for the Cataclysm to take place.

Deleted
    You know I've been wondering about this. It seems to be common knowledge that the Titans locked the Old Gods away instead of killing them because their fate was tied to that of Azeroth itself. If they died the planet would too. We know this and yet when and Old God appears screaming (or muttering in C'thun's case) like a lunatic with a malicious plan we kick it until it dies. Is that really a good idea? If the ever-decreasing number of Old Gods is really a countdown to Azeroth's demise we should probably be looking for an alternative before we kill them all. How many are even left? 2 or 3?

You know I've been wondering about this. It seems to be common knowledge that the Titans locked the Old Gods away instead of killing them because their fate was tied to that of Azeroth itself. If they died the planet would too. We know this and yet when and Old God appears screaming (or muttering in C'thun's case) like a lunatic with a malicious plan we kick it until it dies. Is that really a good idea? If the ever-decreasing number of Old Gods is really a countdown to Azeroth's demise we should probably be looking for an alternative before we kill them all. How many are even left? 2 or 3?
    Note that we're not actually killing them, merely defeating whatever part of them has broken through their jail. As far as we know, C'thun is still 'alive' (but still near death) as is Yogg'saron. Y'shaarj is already dead, and we merely see its remaining essence manifesting itself - the majority devastation caused by its death happened long ago.

Its likely the Titans aren't even sure what would happen if they were all truely killed. They just saw the awful things that happened when one died, and decided not to try it again.

C'thun/Yogg aren't actually "dead" I don't think (well maybe C'thun died in the comics), we just sort of kicked them back into their prison where they're stuck again without any power

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we know a Bronze Dragon has been involved in screwing with events related to Garrosh, and the Sha still bear a bizarre resemblance to the Infinite Dragonflight, and the Bronze Dragons were oddly shoehorned into the end of an expansion otherwise involving Pandaren and Sha business...

I wonder if the heart's total magical disappearance is really as simple as "and then it got used up and melted".

Then again, I always tend to expect too much from WoW's plotlines.

Deleted
    The heart is pretty much gone, what was left of it's power had been absorbed and used by Garrosh. However i think Y'sharrj is still out there somewhere, the old gods can't be killed without catastrophic consequences for Azeroth. Plus from what we've seen the old gods can be massively damaged and still survive, and just fall into a hibernation. Plus the old gods are pretty crafty, waiting until the correct time to strike. Y'Sharrj may have seen an opportunity with Garrosh and now he has been defeated he's withdrawn his support and is planning his next moves. He's most likely still lying dorment whereever he was imprisoned by the titans. It's not impossible that he was asleep during MoP and that Garrosh taking his heart and using it awoke him.

Another thing that I found interesting while reading about the Old Gods, is that an unrestrained one is more powerful than Sargeras, and apparently it take multiple titans to subdue each one. Therefore, the final boss of WoW (if it was to ever come to it) could possibly not be Sargeras, but a fully unleashed old god (which we kill, which destroys life on Azeroth, servers then get turned off)

Another thing that I found interesting while reading about the Old Gods, is that an unrestrained one is more powerful than Sargeras, and apparently it take multiple titans to subdue each one. Therefore, the final boss of WoW (if it was to ever come to it) could possibly not be Sargeras, but a fully unleashed old god (which we kill, which destroys life on Azeroth, servers then get turned off)
    speculation: sargeras was corrupted when he fought the nathrezim. he won, but than he started having thoughts of doubt and finally, he arived to the conclusion that chaos is the natural order of the universe.

that sounds a lot like the corruption of deathwing, where the thoughts of the old gods were absorbed into his mind and he thought they were his own thoughts. so I think there's an old god on the nathrezin world who actually corrupted sargeras without him noticing. this guy would probably be more powerful than sargeras himself. if it was up to me, this old god daddy would be the last boss of WoW.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, not a single trace remains of Y'shaarj which begs the question: "Why did the Titans, who are much more powerful than us, not do that themselves instead of locking it up?". I guess, if Algalon is any indication, we've learned the Titans really don't care about their creations beyond how well they're functioning. Still this half-assed job they did burying the Old Gods is really becoming a pain for us.
    Maybe because it doesn't die but becomes a type of parasite that lives in their user, in other words... Y'shaarj may now be alive inside of Garrosh, and in the next expansion after Garrosh is killed, Y'shaarj will take control of his body

10+ Year Old Account
    What I want to know is, how did garrosh, a warrior, learn to absorb evil magical energy. Last I checked, that wasn't on a warriors skill list.
    Though it was probably more a case that the heart still have some sentience to it, and it gave garrosh that power.
    #boycottchina